Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

What is lacking in Akshay to become no 1?

Painted_Lady IF-Dazzler
Painted_Lady
Painted_Lady

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:06am | IP Logged
Ok i was wondering what made Akshay standing second to the top Khans,but not with them?No,Houseful 2 and Rowdy Rathore couldnt make him no.1. He is handsome,infact looks much younger compared to the other 40+ Khans. His action sequences are superb and his comedy timing is great. He comes across as a humble and friendly guy. He did give tough competition to the Khans at one time with his back to back hits. But couldnt keep it up. So what do you think is lacking in him?Is it his poor choice of scripts?  Is it his inability to draw mass craze like the other Khans?Or is it just plain bad luck?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

HariOm

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:15am | IP Logged
Couple of reasons:
1. He does too many films. Every couple of months he has a movie release. Fans dont get a chance to miss him...he is here, there, everywhere. He should do fewer quality films and space them out. This way his films will be looked forward to like say the Khan films are.
2. IMO quirks or some uniqueness becomes the USP of a superstar. For instance for Salman its his generosity and 'I care a damn attitude', for SRK its his charisma, charm and the family man image he cultivated, for Aamir its his quality films, for Big B it was his angry young man image and larger than life persona. But Akshay is a jack of all trades. He lacks those quirks which no one has apart from him. Thats why despite being in the top 5 for many years...he has never been the number one.

Edited by -ksh- - 07 August 2012 at 5:15am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

don12Painted_Lady.khoobsurat.eraser

Painted_Lady IF-Dazzler
Painted_Lady
Painted_Lady

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -ksh-

Couple of reasons:
1. He does too many films. Every couple of months he has a movie release. Fans dont get a chance to miss him...he is here, there, everywhere. He should do fewer quality films and space them out. This way his films will be looked forward to like say the Khan films are.
2. IMO quirks or some uniqueness becomes the USP of a superstar. For instance for Salman its his generosity and 'I care a damn attitude', for SRK its his charisma, charm and the family man image he cultivated, for Aamir its his quality films, for Big B it was his angry young man image and larger than life persona. But Akshay is a jack of all trades. He lacks that quirk which no one has apart from him. Thats why despite being in the top 5 for many years...he has never been the number one.

Yes,he did too many movies during his peak period. But now does he have many movies lined up?I dont think so

I agree with the second one.
-koiza- IF-Sizzlerz
-koiza-
-koiza-

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:18am | IP Logged
umm senses? LOL

on a serious note i love akshay, I think he is a pretty decent actor and quite good looking but he really needs to draw some limits, I swore to not watch his movies in cinemas post housefull 2 mishap i experienced, which is why i skipped rowdy rathore right away, didnt bother watching it on dvd even, He needs to differentiate between funny and plain trash, like garam masala; that was funny but these movies he is doing lately is just disappointing to say the least

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Painted_Lady.khoobsurat.eraser

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Painted_Lady

Couple of reasons:
2. IMO quirks or some uniqueness becomes the USP of a superstar. For instance for Salman its his generosity and 'I care a damn attitude', for SRK its his charisma, charm and the family man image he cultivated, for Aamir its his quality films, for Big B it was his angry young man image and larger than life persona. But Akshay is a jack of all trades. He lacks that quirk which no one has apart from him. Thats why despite being in the top 5 for many years...he has never been the number one.

Yes,he did too many movies during his peak period. But now does he have many movies lined up?I dont think so

Too many movies. He has Joker, OMG, Khiladi 786 releasing in 2012 itself! That too after Housefull2 and Rowdy Rathore has already released. Compare that to Salman's 2 releases in a year. You can see why Salman's films are so eagerly awaited by his fans.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

don12Painted_Lady

New_nova IF-Rockerz
New_nova
New_nova

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:22am | IP Logged

He is being repetitive now a day. His character or acting is similar in his all pervious films. He should try something different.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Painted_Ladyeraser

Painted_Lady IF-Dazzler
Painted_Lady
Painted_Lady

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by koiza.k

umm senses? LOL

on a serious note i love akshay, I think he is a pretty decent actor and quite good looking but he really needs to draw some limits, I swore to not watch his movies in cinemas post housefull 2 mishap i experienced, which is why i skipped rowdy rathore right away, didnt bother watching it on dvd even, He needs to differentiate between funny and plain trash, like garam masala; that was funny but these movies he is doing lately is just disappointing to say the least

to be precise he needs to appoint somebody to filter the scripts for him!LOLI like the way this guy does comedy but his choice of comedy films are horrible..he should take a break from the likes of aneez bazmi,sajid khan and shrish kunder..frankly speaking these three can kill comedy ruthlessly!LOLPriyadarshan's earlier movies were pretty good though they were exact copies of malayalam blockbusters..but whats up with DDD and Khatta Meetha types?horrible to say the least!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

eraser

Painted_Lady IF-Dazzler
Painted_Lady
Painted_Lady

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:24am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Painted_Lady

Couple of reasons:

Too many movies. He has Joker, OMG, Khiladi 786 releasing in 2012 itself! That too after Housefull2 and Rowdy Rathore has already released. Compare that to Salman's 2 releases in a year. You can see why Salman's films are so eagerly awaited by his fans.

Oh I forgot about OMG and Khiladi 786. yes this guy should give more priortiy to quality than quantity..

Go to top