Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Anjali Jha-The lynch pin. A note to the Creatives.

Rockerchic IF-Rockerz
Rockerchic
Rockerchic

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 4:09am | IP Logged
Hey there Gul/Nissar/Arshad/GH

I've never addressed you  face to face. Such a pity. :'(

So i thought, I'll do it now. First things first, are any of you professionally trained?

Good now that question is out of the way- there are two possible answers for it; Yes,but ignorant and No, but still ignorant.

The point at hand- Anjali is a character you've been trying so hard to promote.

What Roughly happened in the IPK Creatives Room.

SHIT SHIT OMGGG THEY DON"T LIKE HER. ABORT MISSION. I SAID ABORT MISSION. (Emphasis on ABORT.)

She is a woman who has lost everything. Twice now. She is in more pain than Arnav and she deserves more pity than Khushi. Here is a woman who has been brushed aside by men whom she valued a great deal (her first lover and now Shyam.) and her marriage has fallen apart. For a woman such as Anjali there is nothing more important than marital bliss.

She feels unloved and helpless. As a woman I feel great pity for her. I've witnessed fallen marriages and there is nothing more painful than your husband walking out on you and your child being fatherless. Anjali has faced this twice. It's a miracle she's as strong as she is.  A very good angle you got going there.

Her clingy disposition and need for attention is very legitimate and you want to establish that. I get that. But do the audience? That would be a NO. 

You don't need to give her screen time to get generate pity. You don't need to dedicate an entire episode to her to tell us how bad she's feeling. A well timed flashback and a sad line will do it.

It's not about how hard you try to make her loved but how effective your ways are. Unfortunately your way sucks.

Instead of feeling pity/sadness etc we're feeling hate/disgust etc. We cringe when she comes on to screen.

This is a combination of bad screenplay and bad acting which stems from the fact that the direction is bad.

Why are you not using your trump card? A Pregnant Woman. Nobody generates more pity than a pregnant woman.

The fact is nobody is convinced she's pregnant. Only that she's mentally unstable.

This is just taking the audience for granted to a whole new level. She's seven months pregnant for God's sake.

You wonder why we make fun of you- thats your answer. You don't take us seriously then we don't either.

Cant you afford a baby bump? I don't think anyone even expects it to be all classy. Just something to show us that she's carrying a baby and not an alien as light as air. At this point I don't even mind stuffed pillows.

And if for some reason the baby bump is out of the question, can you atleast not focus on her uber flat stomach so much? That's the worst case scenario.

Anjali is perhaps the most important aspect of this track. The track that you have laid down since the first promo. This is the marquee of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon. And unless you make people understand Anjali, everything is going to go down the drain.

~Rockerchic

The following 33 member(s) liked the above post:

pdj_71reianaJordin-Madhatter-craziefanzeefan 1blrgalPrasRasKavita1000Archu61sami99urvashi_93RaykaBonhi_ipkknd-Devanshi-aadyakaliJaponicanareshSVJayneteletubbyIceflamesshree10JUHI.HIzafi-Saumya-abracadabratrina2010incandescent.Kiran.OmNaMaSteOmKookiemonsterpieryroseBornThisWay

JUHI.HI IF-Rockerz
JUHI.HI
JUHI.HI

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:30am | IP Logged
i noe...its high  time dat cvs show atleast a baby bump!!!!!...seven months preg n still no baby bump?????ShockedAngry...this is really annoyin...cvs must try to shape up anjalis charactr!!!!...if nt a baby bump den atleast u guys show up abortion!!!!Angry...i dont undrstnd why are these things r nt taken into account ipkknd?????Angry...

Edited by JUHI.HI - 07 August 2012 at 5:31am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nareshSVRockerchiczafi

incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:38am | IP Logged
This is the most intriguing topic. A woman who is pregnant, is in her last trimester, who will be delivering the baby soon shows no signs of pregnancy.

How am I suppose to feel for a shattered, lonely, pregnant lady if she doesn't look pregnant?

Ditching transparent sarees and trying to cover the flat stomach by constantly pulling the pallu over her tummy is the lamest attempt ever.

We are not dumb enough to not notice. 

Edited by incandescent - 07 August 2012 at 5:56am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Bonhi_ipkkndJaponicaJUHI.HIzafiRockerchicOmNaMaSteOm.Kiran.

Rockerchic IF-Rockerz
Rockerchic
Rockerchic

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescent

<font color="#0099ff">This is the most intriguing topic. A woman who is pregnant, is in her last trimester, who will be delivering the baby soon shows no signs of pregnancy.</font>

<font color="#0099ff">How am I suppose to feel for ashattered, lonely, pregnant lady if she doesn't look pregnant.</font>

<font color="#0099ff">Ditching transparent sarees and trying to cover the flat stomach by constantly pulling the pallu over her tummy is the lamest attempt ever.</font>

<font color="#0099ff">We are not dumb enough to not notice.</font>

Exactly. The audience may actually relate to her if they actually showed her as pregnant rather than clingy.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Bonhi_ipkkndzafiJUHI.HIincandescent

-Saumya- IF-Rockerz
-Saumya-
-Saumya-

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 6:10am | IP Logged
And unless you make people understand Anjali, everything is going to go down the drain.

Agreed there. I get the CVs point that Anjali is one of the most important characters of the story. But have we actually ever had any insight into her character? She sure is not as sweet as she always tries to be. Her character has other shades too and it's time we know who actually Anjali Jha is.

The fact is nobody is convinced she's pregnant. Only that she's mentally unstable. 

She isn't showing any signs of being pregnant. And now after Dadi comes, she instantly comes to know that Anjali is pregnant. How? CVs we are not as dumb as you think.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Bonhi_ipkkndJaponicazafiRockerchicOmNaMaSteOm

abracadabra IF-Rockerz
abracadabra
abracadabra

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 6:17am | IP Logged
Dam true!

In order for an audience to connect to the character, they have to make the character be "Real" which they have failed to. No one can connect to a pregnant Anjali at this point. You only remember that she is pregnant when someone mentions it on the show.

CV's make it more realistic please.

zafiRockerchicOmNaMaSteOm

Reema Groupbie
Reema
Reema

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 6:18am | IP Logged
Sometimes I feel that the creatives might have already tried the bump but gave up. Well...the bump added to the limp might have made Anjali look ridiculous and so they must have decided to omit it...don't u see it yet...the bump can be bumped off but the limp comes withe the original storyLOL.

Bonhi_ipkkndRockerchicOmNaMaSteOm

lylow Goldie
lylow
lylow

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 6:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Saumya-

And unless you make people understand Anjali, everything is going to go down the drain.

Agreed there. I get the CVs point that Anjali is one of the most important characters of the story. But have we actually ever had any insight into her character? She sure is not as sweet as she always tries to be. Her character has other shades too and it's time we know who actually Anjali Jha is.

She isn't showing any signs of being pregnant. And now after Dadi comes, she instantly comes to know that Anjali is pregnant. How? CVs we are not as dumb as you think.

Bang on!
She does not look pregnant! She does not act pregnant! All she does is act like a teenager with insecurity issues and force veiwers to shut their eyes when ever she starts her not-so-awesome water works! Viewers would prefer not be bombarded with the "hundered and one issues of the weeping willow"
You cannot force the viewers to sympathize any character! I seriously don't get Anjali...
Actually we should sympathize her, but the way she is being portrayed currently is making her quite unlikable!

zafiRockerchicKookiemonster

Go to top