Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Saif to enact UP gangster in Tigmanshu next

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:20am | IP Logged

'It will be anything but Langda Tyagi' : Saif Ali Khan

Saif Ali Khan says his role in upcoming film will be different from his iconic one in Omkara

Remember Langda Tyagi in Vishal Bhardwaj's Omkara (2006)? Saif Ali Khan's career took a big leap after his portrayal of a Uttar Pradesh-based gangster in the Bollywood adaptation of Shakespeare's Othello. Now, six years later, Saif is set to don a rustic UP gangster avatar again in Tigmanshu Dhulia's next. But contrary to rumours, Saif denies that his character in this film has anything to do with Langda Tyagi.

Apparently, Saif is against the idea of reprising his iconic character. "We will see Saif in a completely different light. Since his earlier character became a cult of sorts, the setting and concept may remind viewers of Langda, but the filmmakers and Saif are ensuring that the characterisation is distinct," says an insider close to the project, adding that the final draft of the story is still awaited.

Saif says, "We are trying to finalise a film with Tigmanshu (Dhulia). Though the script is set in the UP hinterlands, I will play anything but Langda Tyagi. Why would I attempt something that I have already done in the past?"

Saif's Madhumati Connection
Recently Saif was int he news with reports suggesting that he is making a black and white remake of the Dilip Kumar-starrer Madhumati (1958). Ask him and he says, "I have no idea. It's true I love Madhumati. But I can't remake it, and that too in black and white, since the idea won't be feasible in today's day and age."

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bambogli

bambogli IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 6:16am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top