India-Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge
Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Does Ashu have a choice of his own

fanktlk IF-Dazzler
fanktlk
fanktlk

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:07am | IP Logged
Watching yesterday's episode I felt sorry for Ashu actually...

We all know BB had a doctor banana OCD which failed for his daughter.. Then he made Ashu a doctor... Did Ashu have a choice??

Ashu liked the piano.. but BB liked the violin so he switched over to the violin...
Ashu did not celebrate his birthday as BB had his own way of celebrating... 

It seems only now that Ashu is able to express to Nidhi what he exactly wants or his complete life seems to be filled with a sense of paying gratitude.. 

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4evaSSA777subashnikoyelbasuSujatha.raoaru29Krrish4Youkaks0211SwastikAshNivyomanjayanti_djSuvika.

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:43am | IP Logged
Divya, a truly insightful post...

Yes, Ashutosh has never really had a choice most of the time...his career and choice of music was chosen by the man who adopted him...and then that man chose to leave him...and will the only home he had known since childhood to someone else...AShutosh did not have a choice in the matter...

When Nidhi came into his life, Mallika forced his hand using emotional blackmail and got him to throw her out...she blackmailed him into choosing society and her over Nidhi...again she had him so cornered, he was left with no choice...

Then when he got to know the truth about the house, he was forced to make a choice again...and I think this was the first time he had the right of choice...this time, in choosing Nidhi over his hatred, he listened to his heart and for the first time exercised his choice..

Again in the matter of Mallika, he exercised choice...he listened to his heart and refused to betray his love even when he owed Mallika  a huge debt of gratitude..

When Nidhi chose her father over him and broke it off, he was again left with no choice but to abide by her wishes..

While Col Verma was gracious enough to say that Ashutosh's love prevented Nidhi from leaving, the truth is she stayed back only because her father finally relented..so again. Ashutosh was left with no choice...

Ashutosh had no choice but to do what he did for Mallika...as a doctor and a friend, he had no choice but to offer her solace...he certainly did not choose to hurt Nidhi for Mallika,...circumstances left him with no choice...like he himself said he felt like slapping Mallika when she tore up the wedding pics but he did not have the choice...

Now again, with the baby issue, he is being given no choice...this is not to belittle Nidhi's point of view at all...she really needs to complete her internship and become a full-fledged doctor...but a unilateral decision on timing again deprives Ashutosh of any choice in the matter...

The problem with Ashutosh is that after years of doing what other people want, he is incapable of clearly and succinctly articulating his choices...and pressing for them...neither is he able to be forceful nor is he able to be completely pliant and let go of his choices...

As a character, he has exercised his choice and stood by it firmly only on one issue...and that is Nidhi...he has never compromised on his love for her...and I believe that he will never betray that love...

And yes, as a character, I truly sympathize with him..

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

OneWishSSA777fanktlkkoyelbasuLibravyomanSuvika.

Suvika. IF-Stunnerz
Suvika.
Suvika.

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 3:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sujatha.rao

Divya, a truly insightful post...

Yes, Ashutosh has never really had a choice most of the time...his career and choice of music was chosen by the man who adopted him...and then that man chose to leave him...and will the only home he had known since childhood to someone else...AShutosh did not have a choice in the matter...

When Nidhi came into his life, Mallika forced his hand using emotional blackmail and got him to throw her out...she blackmailed him into choosing society and her over Nidhi...again she had him so cornered, he was left with no choice...

Then when he got to know the truth about the house, he was forced to make a choice again...and I think this was the first time he had the right of choice...this time, in choosing Nidhi over his hatred, he listened to his heart and for the first time exercised his choice..

Again in the matter of Mallika, he exercised choice...he listened to his heart and refused to betray his love even when he owed Mallika  a huge debt of gratitude..

When Nidhi chose her father over him and broke it off, he was again left with no choice but to abide by her wishes..

While Col Verma was gracious enough to say that Ashutosh's love prevented Nidhi from leaving, the truth is she stayed back only because her father finally relented..so again. Ashutosh was left with no choice...

Ashutosh had no choice but to do what he did for Mallika...as a doctor and a friend, he had no choice but to offer her solace...he certainly did not choose to hurt Nidhi for Mallika,...circumstances left him with no choice...like he himself said he felt like slapping Mallika when she tore up the wedding pics but he did not have the choice...

Now again, with the baby issue, he is being given no choice...this is not to belittle Nidhi's point of view at all...she really needs to complete her internship and become a full-fledged doctor...but a unilateral decision on timing again deprives Ashutosh of any choice in the matter...

The problem with Ashutosh is that after years of doing what other people want, he is incapable of clearly and succinctly articulating his choices...and pressing for them...neither is he able to be forceful nor is he able to be completely pliant and let go of his choices...

As a character, he has exercised his choice and stood by it firmly only on one issue...and that is Nidhi...he has never compromised on his love for her...and I believe that he will never betray that love...

DesiSmileys.com

Edited by turags - 07 August 2012 at 3:00am
Suvika. IF-Stunnerz
Suvika.
Suvika.

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 3:02am | IP Logged
great post btw, fanktlk..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

fanktlk

fanktlk IF-Dazzler
fanktlk
fanktlk

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 3:05am | IP Logged

I completely agree... Even when Mallika first suggested Nidhi to join Kotnis, she said tum bhi zidd karke apni baat manva kyon nahi lete... and Ashu said wo hi to nahi kar sakta. 

Yes only in Nidhi's case did he have a choice and he chose to to exercise it by standing by her when she left him, waiting for her and finally rushing to stop her. 

Even now Nidhi hasn't really given him a choice. She is not comfortable with the discussion and she stated that they shouldn't speak about the baby. 

It was only yesterday's episode I thought we really saw Ashu express what he wants...else it was always what someone else decided for him.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

koyelbasuSujatha.raomudraswathiSuvika.

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 3:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by fanktlk

I completely agree... Even when Mallika first suggested Nidhi to join Kotnis, she said tum bhi zidd karke apni baat manva kyon nahi lete... and Ashu said wo hi to nahi kar sakta. 

Yes only in Nidhi's case did he have a choice and he chose to to exercise it by standing by her when she left him, waiting for her and finally rushing to stop her. 

Even now Nidhi hasn't really given him a choice. She is not comfortable with the discussion and she stated that they shouldn't speak about the baby. 

It was only yesterday's episode I thought we really saw Ashu express what he wants...else it was always what someone else decided for him.

Yes, and yet he is so unsure,...he is not sure how it will be received...or rather he knows it won't be received well...yet, his innate honesty compels him to speak his mind...and immediately after that he says something that clearly indicates that he can live without the baby but not without her...

I really felt sorry for him...it is not easy for a man who has been spurned as much as he has in life to articulate his desires...and yet this is something so clearly compelling that he is unable to suppress himself..even knowing that it is not going to be accepted!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

OneWishSSA777fanktlk

kaks0211 IF-Rockerz
kaks0211
kaks0211

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 3:43am | IP Logged
Good post...Yesterday when Ashu said abt switching to the violin because BB liked it - I felt the same for a minute - but the other incident u brought out - it gives a new insight

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

fanktlk

vyoman IF-Sizzlerz
vyoman
vyoman

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 4:45am | IP Logged
Very good post fanktlk. 

Your post made me to think in a different perspective.

Go to top