Non Sun TV Serials

India-Forums

Non Sun TV Serials
Non Sun TV Serials

Dharama Yuddham - Aug6th-10th Updates and discussions (Page 3)

kalki2007 Coolbie
kalki2007
kalki2007

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mirth

I must have watched too many US law related drama series. I know that in India (being a Commonwealth country), the law system is more based on the British one than the US one. But really? The way the cases or at least the Vincent murder case is being conducted is really asking to suspend disbelief.

Firstly, I thought that usually the prosecution presents their case first including their witnesses and after they rest, then the defence presents including the defendant and the witnesses for the defence. Here, it seems to be a mish mash. The defence lawyer, Sundaram called for the accused as the first person to the witness stand and then the victim's wife is the second to the stand. Huh? Also in a court scene in a previous episode, the public prosecutor and Sundaram were questioning this group of three thugs. Three people on the stand at the same time? Don't they question witnesses one by one? Even if they are all telling the same story, during cross examination they can easily have differing accounts, right? 

And the lady public prosecutor. Really?! Is she shown to be incompetent so that Sundaram can be seen as the much better lawyer? Sundaram is there questioning her prime witness, Vincent's wife and almost badgering her with all this speculative rhetorical questions and the poor woman is quietly sobbing away and the public prosecutor does not object to the manner of questioning? And then at the end, she does this half-assed rebuttal to Sundaram's argument. Really?!

I really want to like this series. I do like the actors and think that they are doing a good job. I am prepared to suspend my disbelief to a certain extent to allow for some creative liberty but this is a bit beyond me. If this does not improve, I will probably tune out soon after.

Mirth i never watched the court scene in India so i have no idea - but in this situation i think the case didn't have any stand - Gopala Krishnan talked to the villan through phone so he never did see the person and the middle person could have lied to the thugs and GK is clean because he didn't really kill himself - Vincent and his wife lied to GK that's wrong and Vincent using his wife to get money is really cheap trick and why she has to continue to do that and she knew GK is a bad and weak person so in the stand if she is crying then she should know if she goes to the court they are going to cross examine it's not easy path. the government lawyer thay should have select someone with more authority she didn't have the look to do the lawyer role i would say

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

atina

kalki2007 Coolbie
kalki2007
kalki2007

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
Roja thanks for the update

Arjun recording part is brillient

He is watching the GK case do you think Arjun going to support Vincent wife and be her lawyer - i don't know he is interested in Sundram or the case i think he is trying to dismiss the case against GK and Sundram has lot of points on his side
GK is a really bad person he didn't  even have one ounce of guilt what kind of human being he is and these people defend this person

Vincent wife working for GK she should have collected evidence against GK because he definitely doing illegal things - she is not innocent she is deceiving GK and it's not easy job
atina IF-Rockerz
atina
atina

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 1:25pm | IP Logged

welcome mirth to our tamil section.

Hopefully this serial will go in the same speed...as now...!!
atina IF-Rockerz
atina
atina

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
@rojapooo

Wow...one man ( womAN) show vaa? good job maddie...!! well done...
Can some more members come forward giving roja a helping hand in updating...just two more members will be enough...plase post here or pm to rojapooo.

Edited by atina - 09 August 2012 at 1:26pm
mirth Newbie
mirth
mirth

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 3:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kalki2007

Mirth i never watched the court scene in India so i have no idea - but in this situation i think the case didn't have any stand - Gopala Krishnan talked to the villan through phone so he never did see the person and the middle person could have lied to the thugs and GK is clean because he didn't really kill himself - Vincent and his wife lied to GK that's wrong and Vincent using his wife to get money is really cheap trick and why she has to continue to do that and she knew GK is a bad and weak person so in the stand if she is crying then she should know if she goes to the court they are going to cross examine it's not easy path. the government lawyer thay should have select someone with more authority she didn't have the look to do the lawyer role i would say
[/QUOTE]

I agree that Vincent and his wife are not all pristine white in this case and his wife should definitely expect a tough time with the questioning at court. Sundaram was right to attack her so. 

What I did not like about the scene was that the lady public prosecutor should be more vigilant in making sure that the defence do not discredit her prime witness as much as possible. She was just sitting there throughout the entire questioning. I would imagine that she could say something like 'Objection, speculation' or something. Whether the judge overrules or sustains her objection is a different matter. She should at least try and disrupt the momentum of Sundaram's questioning. Afterall during the latter part of his questioning, Sundaram was mainly putting forth another scenario more so than actually asking her proper questions. The lady prosecutor looked sloppy to me. I would love to see a fight where Sundaram is pitted against a better more worthy opponent and wins. That would show how good a lawyer he is. 

The actor playing the lady prosecutor is not very good but I'm more displeased with the actions of her character than the actual acting by the actor.

I suppose when the eventual clash between Arjun and Sundaram comes, that will be a lot more exciting to watch.

By the way, I am sorry for spoiling the latest episode for everyone. I posted quite soon after watching the episode. I forgot that being in Singapore, time-wise the show will be shown ahead of most places and did not realize that it will be a while before some get to watch the episode. My apologies.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kalki2007atinakrithikasSweetyGreen

rojapoooo IF-Sizzlerz
rojapoooo
rojapoooo

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
Will wait for Sri to post the update - looks like Saravana Bhavan Annachi case Wink is on the stand again 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

showbhakalki2007krithikasSweetyGreen

mellisai IF-Sizzlerz
mellisai
mellisai

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 3:10am | IP Logged
sorry for the delay .. 

Episode 4 - 10th August 2012

Ram Mohan says "I talked to the police.. they will know the truth once the bullet comes out". Dheena's worried, apologises to Ram Mohan and asks for his help. Ram Mohan says he overcomplicated matters and avoid telling the truth at any cost. 

Media continuing with Vincent's case - today Geetha (Vincent's wife) is going to be questioned. The lady prosecutor says "GK mirattufied Geetha and Vincent, then hired men to kill Vincent .. that's all". Sundaram asks permission to question GK, "Geetha eppadi? How did she behave?". GK answers "intelligent .. she was close to me". Sundaram adds "she didn't stay away knowing he was interested in marrying her?" GK says "no, she told me the only problem was that I was older than her". 

Arjun informs Madhuri that Chinthaamani is willing to come and apologise to her. She wants him to apologise in front of everyone, not just her.  Arjun says "it's not need and it will affect her career". She agrees & leaves. Arjun calls Rajendran (Chinthaamani's lawyer) and informs him Madhuri agreed. 

The lady prosecutor questions Geetha about GK and Vincent. Geetha says she met Vincent when GK sent him to pay for her dad's hospital fee. She continues "once GK called her to a restaurant and told her about his desire to marry her .. but she talked to her parents & Vincent, then decided to marry Vincent". How did GK react to this .. "he didn't say anything. After two weeks, gave them 50,000 and told us to go on honeymoon .. but she didn't know he was sending them to kill Vincent". The lady prosecutor ends her questioning, and Sundaram continues. He points out her high scores and suggests she could have worked elsewhere when GK forced/ tortured her. So you liked him but worried about the age difference. Sundaram continues "u told Vincent not to say anything to GK but when Vincent mentioned it .. GK stopped helping you financially, hence u decided to kill Vincent. It's all a possibility" 

Kumar and Arjun discuss about some case , then Kumar tells him he invited him to talk about lawyers association election. Arjun asks "yaaru standing? need any help?". Kumar says he needs someone like him to stand in the election but Arjun says he will think about. 

Doctor wants operation to take place. Ram Mohan says Dheena kku operation phobia and he cannot operate without Dheena's permission. 

Thodarum

Edited by ~*Thamizhan*~ - 10 August 2012 at 3:36am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

kalki2007hopper_oceanatinarojapooookrithikasSweetyGreen

rojapoooo IF-Sizzlerz
rojapoooo
rojapoooo

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 5:48am | IP Logged
Thanks Sri. Hmm, so there is some truth in GK's statement that both Geetha and Vincent wanted to fleece GK ?? !!! 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hopper_oceanSweetyGreen

Go to top