India-Forums

The Buddy Project  Season 2 - Now in College
The Buddy Project  Season 2 - Now in College

Of Family Trees! (Page 2)

CoffeeAddict IF-Dazzler
CoffeeAddict
CoffeeAddict

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:16am | IP Logged
Even though most of their backstories are the long drawn and overused ones in the TV world... It's basically the 'only' types of family you'll find in India.

The ignoring business-busy parents.
The unequal disbalanced family of a single girl with brothers.
The loving and over-caring parents.
The discipline and value drilling ones.
The ones who care about the image way more than anything.
And well I'm not sure about Panchchi's side.

I don't think there would be even a single person who cannot identify with atleast one.

But the thing about TBP is their approach to solving their problems ans unifying these kids under a single idea and passion - need and want for independence and love.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

abjbdishiuwthegameison

thegameison IF-Sizzlerz
thegameison
thegameison

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:18am | IP Logged
I can't relate with any of these, actually, Priyanka. In reality, we actually have a family that's mostly a blend of all those you mentioned. The matter comes from real life, these people dramatize and elaborate on it. I hope the elaboration is worth watching. Approve

CoffeeAddictabjbdishiuw

Kalpana_KaCy IF-Sizzlerz
Kalpana_KaCy
Kalpana_KaCy

BollyCurry Assistant Writer

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:35am | IP Logged
Wow! What an awesome analysis! You really analysed them perfectly.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

abjbdishiuw

CoffeeAddict IF-Dazzler
CoffeeAddict
CoffeeAddict

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Savage

I can't relate with any of these, actually, Priyanka. In reality, we actually have a family that's mostly a blend of all those you mentioned. The matter comes from real life, these people dramatize and elaborate on it. I hope the elaboration is worth watching. Approve

That's what I was referring to, K. You can identify to one or most. I myself can identify. Accepted that people dramatize it. There's nothing to Indian Telly world if not some masala. Even though my life's similar to a few of those, it doesn't mean there's something interesting in it. The fact is every type of family leads to different results everytime...

abjbdishiuwthegameison

kumjoo IF-Rockerz
kumjoo
kumjoo

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:28am | IP Logged
I see a very good discussion going on here from some folks and I agree to few points and disagree to other just because I may not have experienced or seen that kind of family in real.

Also, this is after all a Drama, everything is dramatized as savage mentioned and also everything is presented in much more exaggerated form. One Show requires everything (Emotion, drama, entertainment, humor, Fights, reality) to make it a perfect show and everybody follows the same pattern to make their show one of the best in the country. Well, there is a disadvantage to this, as someone mentioned about newness...trying to present the viewers the best they can and follow the same pattern and trend, the makers tend to loose newness.

Nevertheless, repetitions if presented with a unique concept is all viewers are longing to see these days. For me TBP is doing ok so far, hope it will grasp my attention till the end.

abjbdishiuw

abjbdishiuw IF-Rockerz
abjbdishiuw
abjbdishiuw

IF Crazy Baby

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:48am | IP Logged

Why is this forum so inactive? Ermm

And excellent post. As a matter of fact, the characters' families interest me a lot as well, mostly it's because they all claim to have back-stories adjoined to their characters. So, the depth in it all will only out with some family significance. Intelligent back-stories expected. (:

I know the forum had gotten really slow! But it's gotten better today!

The CVs have shown a lot of promise by giving us well etched characters! I just hope they don't lose the plot! Like I really hope so! Coz at the moment am totally addicted to TBP

You see how Samar talks, don't you? Embarrassed A sixteen year old Urdu speaker, that's not everyday Hindi TV Show characters, for one. And a someone who carries themselves like that has to have royal blood in their veins. So, behavior reflects family. Agreed. Big smile However, Ranveer's potential back-story seems like the weakest to me for some reason. Where's the newness? Ermm

Samar is the only one with a fresh story...Ranveer in Remix also spoke a lot like that...I mean with a lot of thehrav and the "hum" thingy! But then he wasn't royalty! Even though he was from Rajasthan!

Even I can't...And I agree...Our parents are a blend of all of this...stern yet sweet...and that's what makes them normal...the show has just extrapolated those in each of the characters' parents! But Pratham's mother is quite close to normal!

Edited by _Priyanka_ - 08 August 2012 at 11:00am

thegameison

abjbdishiuw IF-Rockerz
abjbdishiuw
abjbdishiuw

IF Crazy Baby

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Mais-

Agreed! Any person's social behavior is reflection of his up bringing. And here the family is playing a really important role for all. In case of KD, Kiya, Piddi and Bobby, it's all evident. The other characters intrigue me as some larger picture is attatched to them, hence their family background is not shown. So yeah, pretty much excited for that to be shown! :D

I am extremely curious about Panchi! She likes eating..but we know she eats when she's stressed out! She is the I-won't-break-rules types but that also reflects on the way a child is brought up! If the parents aren't happy with their kid being punished the kid wouldn't want to upset them!

CoffeeAddict

abjbdishiuw IF-Rockerz
abjbdishiuw
abjbdishiuw

IF Crazy Baby

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by CoffeeAddict

Even though most of their backstories are the long drawn and overused ones in the TV world... It's basically the 'only' types of family you'll find in India.

The ignoring business-busy parents.
The unequal disbalanced family of a single girl with brothers.
The loving and over-caring parents.
The discipline and value drilling ones.
The ones who care about the image way more than anything.
And well I'm not sure about Panchchi's side.

I don't think there would be even a single person who cannot identify with atleast one.

But the thing about TBP is their approach to solving their problems ans unifying these kids under a single idea and passion - need and want for independence and love.

I love how you've put it all together so beautifully! I couldn't have said it in a better manner!

Originally posted by CoffeeAddict

That's what I was referring to, K. You can identify to one or most. I myself can identify. Accepted that people dramatize it. There's nothing to Indian Telly world if not some masala. Even though my life's similar to a few of those, it doesn't mean there's something interesting in it. The fact is every type of family leads to different results everytime...

I know...I wish my life was half as interesting as the way they show it on the tube! 

Specially those love stories! I don't mind an under-dramatized version also...haha

Edited by _Priyanka_ - 08 August 2012 at 11:04am

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

The Buddy Project Season 2 - Now in College Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index