Posted: 11 years ago

Meet these Chote Nawabs, who started their career at a very tender age and fortunately turned out to be Bollywood Stars! (Scroll down for the pictures.)

Shashi Kapoor - Having been born to the famous & filmy Kapoor khandaan, he was only seven when he acted in a movie called Tadbir. He won recognition in the movies Aag and Aawara where he played the younger version of his brother Raj Kapoor.

Rishi Kapoor - He was on his late teens when he played the role of a young Raj Kapoor in Mera Naam Joker. I don't think anyone could have done more justice to the role. Three years later, he acted in Bobby and there was no looking back for this handsome man!

Neetu Signh/Kapoor - This Ever - Green gorgeous laddy started her acting career when she was only 8! In 1966, she played a small role in the movie Suraj as a chubby little girl. Her 3rd movie Do Kaliyaan won her recognition but it was Yaadon Ki Baraat which brought her fame!

Padmini Kolhapure - As a child artist, she had many films to her credit which include Dream Girl, Zindagi, Saajan Bina Suhagan and Thodi Si Bewafai.

In Satyam Shivam Sundaram, she played a young Zeenat Aman with a scar mark on her face. In Gahrayee, she played a school girl possessed by a spirit in her body. In Insaaf Ka Tarazu, she played Zeenat Aman's younger sister who is a victim of child molestation by Raj Babbar.

P.S - Don't you people think she looks slightly alike to her niece, Shraddha Kapoor?

Sanjay Dutt - Our Munna Bhai, was 11 when he made his first appearance in a film. He played the role of a qawali singer in the movie Reshma Aur Shera, which had his father, Sunil Dutt, in the lead role. Who knew one day this qawali singer will be showing his amazing acting skills in great movies like Vastab, Khalnayak, Munna Bhai MBBS, etc?

Aamir Khan - He looks adorable, doesn't he? Yaadon Ki Baraat & Madhosh were the films where he acted as a child artist. Did anyone imagine back on tht time, that this young boy will one day be known as the perfectionist, one of the biggest Khans, one of the greast actors of all times & the very gentle host of the very popular show Satyamev Jayte?

Imran Khan - "JAI" was seen as the younger Aamir Khan in Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar & Qayamath Se Qayamath Tak!! Who knew, one day he will win everyone's heart with this amazing acting in movies such as - Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na & Delhi Belly?

Sridevi - Miss. Hawa Hawaii has been acting since she was four! Her first movie was a Tamil film called Kandan Karunai after which she began acting in several regional and Bollywood movies.

Urmila Matondkar - She is the Rangeela Girl! She was only 6 when she started her journey in Bollywood! She played her first role as a child artist in Shashi Kapoor and Rekha starrer movie, Kalyug. At the age of 9 she won recognition with her role in Masoom.

Jugal Hansraj - He was the Masoom kid for every 80's fan! He was 11 years old when he was chosen for this movie! How adorable does he look!? Though, he might not be called Bollywood Star, but he will always stay as the famous Masoom Kid!

Bobby Deol – This "Soldier" was only 10 years old when he acted as the young Dharmendra in Dharam Veer.

Hrithik Roshan – This Greek God with the Hottest Body Ever was only 6 when he faced the camera for the very first time! While his first experience in the film industry was as an extra in a dance sequence in the movie Aasha (ofcourse! He has the sexiest & the coolest dancing movies even now), that same year he also played a minor role in Rakesh Roshan starrer, Aap ke Deewane.

Shahid Kapoor – Was back then known as the Complan Boy (alongside Ayesha Takia in the same advertisement for Complan)! Now definitely known as the Chocolate Boy! Who can forget his innocent face in "Aankhon Mein Tera Hi Chehra?"

Ayesha Takia - The Complan Girl alongside Shahid Kapoor, she endorsed the brand when she was in her early teens. She even played the lead role in Falguni Pathak's music video Meri Chunar Udd Udd Jaye.

Kunal Khemu – Perhaps, one of the most underrated actors in BW (in my opinion). I expected a lot more from him because of his amazing acting skills he proved in Zakhnm, Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman, Hum Hain Rahi Pyaar Ke, etc. He won several awards as the Best Child Artist, especially for the movie Zakhm, where his acting forced me to cry. I want to see this guy in much better movies!

Aftab Shivdasani – The "Jugal" of Mr. India! He also acted in famous movies like Shahenshah, ChaalBaaz, and Insaniyat!

Hansika Motwani – I am sure the 90's Kids will remember her! She was the "Shakalaka Boom Boom Girl" (yes, you are right, that is the Magic Pencil serial). She also acted in few other serials later on. She won recognition in Koi Mill Gaya! Her Bollywood Debut was Aap Ka Suroor. Currently, working on Tamil & Telugu movies more.

Kamaal Hasan - Thanks to the Anon who reminded me about this legend! His star power and amazing acting has always been there from a very young age!

-----------------

P.S - Did you guys notice, how the good child artists did not turn out to be good actors as adults? But the not - so - famous child artists turned out to be our famous Bollywood actors? Though, I must say Rishi Kapoor, Neetu Kapoor, Shashi Kapoor & Sridevi were good even as child artists!

Shashi was is and will stay cute .

hahah at Kamal Hassan's childhood photo.Looks like has two laddoos in his mouth
Edited by Lemony - 11 years ago
Shahid still looks like that.
Urmila was as graceful as a kid like she was when she became an actress.She was too good in Lakdi ki kaathi.

Kid Sanju used to look like Parzan Dastur (The kid who said, "Tussi Naa Jao" in KKHH).

Booby was a good looking kid.

Edited: Had a Shahid moment  😆 Thanks, San  😊

Edited by bambogli - 11 years ago
bambogli its not yussi its tussi

Urmila was cute as a child. Amir Khan's ears are most recognisable part.

Originally posted by Sallufanno1

bambogli its not yussi its tussi

😆

I made another mistake, San. Bobby is the name... not Booby  🤣

Originally posted by bambogli

😆

I made another mistake, San. Bobby is the name... not Booby  🤣

🤣 I'm crying so much you've made me laugh Mogli like really badly
why they had to use such gay pic of Imran Khan..😆