Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:Let the games begin... (Page 45)

soapsuds IF-Rockerz
soapsuds
soapsuds

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --Sari--

Originally posted by soapsuds

I missed the morning discussion so I don't know if it was discussed (haven't gotten around to catrching up yet) then but there were several confusing statements last night.
From Nani and Arnie's convo on Friday I gathered that Dadi left after that traumatic night 14 years ago and has been in the Ashram for several years. Over the years at Nani's behest Arnav made several unsuccessful attempts to get Dadi to return back to the family. But from Anji's dialogues yesterday it seemed as if Anji had no clue about Dadi's whereabouts or no contact with her since that fateful night. So was dadi in some way in touch with the family even if infrequently and erratically or not? And they called nani from the Ashram so they obviously have the family's contact details, so Anji's statements don't fit. I am assuming that if Anj is almost 8 months pregnant then Dadi is not blind. she can see that she is pregnant (never mind that we can'tLOL). So pregnancy chhodo but howcome Dadi knows about damadji if Anji has had no communication with her for 14 years? And Anj did not find the question strange...

Biraj - I think Anjali was traumatized after that night. Clearly saw that yest when she hugged dadi. Nani & ASR knew about her existence but shielded Anjali all these years. I think now I get the reason why Anji is being pampered. The girl is troubled from the past; it is deeper than we thought.

Behind the pooja's and the gentleness, there is a girl who has been deeply hurt. That is the reason ASR is so protective of her even though she is older. His tough act is to give her a sense of reassurance, he is her rock. 

Yeah sari...thats very likely it...they have been in touch with Dadi but shielded Anjali...who knows what happened to Anj in the immediate aftermath of that night...maybe Arnie struggled to get her out of it and hence is so overprotective...coz he lost everything else and maybe very nearly lost Anj too to the trauma...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sumi209-Pallavi-DiyaSNewbiesoapfan

Newbiesoapfan IF-Sizzlerz
Newbiesoapfan
Newbiesoapfan

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by reguser

Originally posted by Newbiesoapfan

I missed the morning discussion so I don't know if it was discussed (haven't gotten around to catrching up yet) then but there were several confusing statements last night.
From Nani and Arnie's convo on Friday I gathered that Dadi left after that traumatic night 14 years ago and has been in the Ashram for several years. Over the years at Nani's behest Arnav made several unsuccessful attempts to get Dadi to return back to the family. But from Anji's dialogues yesterday it seemed as if Anji had no clue about Dadi's whereabouts or no contact with her since that fateful night. So was dadi in some way in touch with the family even if infrequently and erratically or not? And they called nani from the Ashram so they obviously have the family's contact details, so Anji's statements don't fit. I am assuming that if Anj is almost 8 months pregnant then Dadi is not blind. she can see that she is pregnant (never mind that we can'tLOL). So pregnancy chhodo but howcome Dadi knows about damadji if Anji has had no communication with her for 14 years? And Anj did not find the question strange...
Biraj -- logic pe aa gaye aap!

I assume that Naani and Arnav kept daadi updated of happenings regularly. Anji is a complete tubelight --- not sure which daamaad she thought her daadi was asking about -- maybe the first groom went away and there was talk that the marriage would happen later and Daadi went away then -- am just adding my logic... guaranteed to be completely wrong!

ROFL

In our definition, Anji can definitely think like this. 
When and if she thinks!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Pallavi-DiyaS

-Pallavi- Goldie
-Pallavi-
-Pallavi-

Biraj - I think Anjali was traumatized after that night. Clearly saw that yest when she hugged dadi. Nani & ASR knew about her existence but shielded Anjali all these years. I think now I get the reason why Anji is being pampered. The girl is troubled from the past; it is deeper than we thought.

Behind the pooja's and the gentleness, there is a girl who has been deeply hurt. That is the reason ASR is so protective of her even though she is older. His tough act is to give her a sense of reassurance, he is her rock. 

Yes, yesterday's Anji's hug though was quite irritating, it said something else about her character. Though I can't understand and accept that a grown-up needs 24 hours security, eagerly waiting to know the past. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DiyaSNewbiesoapfan

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Originally posted by DiyaS

Just watched SBS ... and on the topic of Nayi Soch ... on the competing show, the 'child bride who was' (she's divorced now), throws some ash into her ex-husband's face for some wrong-doing ... fully supported by her inlaws all along, who on the face of it, look like very conservative and traditional folks.
And here we have such regressive thinking ... Unless they show Dadi reforming her very out-dated thinking, not just about Khushi, but about servants and high/low castes in general, this will be pretty unpalatable. Or at least show Nani, who is so diametrically opposite to Dadi in terms of basic respect for her fellow human beings, as being the ideal to emulate, not this conservative tradition-bound Dadi with her extremely Purani Soch.

What I want to see is ... is this soch limited to Khushi? And hence linked with the past? Or does it also extend to HP, OP and all other missing P's ... and is just an example of the narrow-minded, autocratic and high-handed thought process common to the family? With the exception of Anjali, I should add.
In which case, the Malliks seems to have some serious issues as a family LOLLOL

Diya, did you have a post yest? What page? I haven't been on the post much. AD calling... Yes, I think the soch is limited to Khushi & Payal coz Dhaiyya ho has filled her in on some unflattering details to cover his behind...They needed to make her entry dramatic, I saw nothing more than that. They were right, the audience reacted to it. So now they have captured the viewers attention, the story better be good...LOL
Importantly Khushi needs her missing spine back...A fight for your rights is loved by the audience, support the abla naari thing...

Anjali seemed traumatized...Arnav seemed shaken when he first saw her & that is what makes it more interesting...what was their past? 

No, Sari, no post from me today, just logged in now ... AD calling here too, and pretty insistently Tongue

Yep, they had a good dramatic entry, Nani and Dadi know each other
, there was a pretty maid in the equation, and like all sons, Arnav would have resented the low aukat vaali ladki bitterly for taking his Dad away from his mom, and Dadi would have cemented the thoughts ... always blame the outside woman, even when your own sikka is khota ... that's what I can formulate at the moment.

Anjali is traumatized because she has not seen Dadi for fourteen years - the last memory of her is  "that night" ...
But from his conversation with Nani, Arnav has seen his Dadi, or at least spoken to her more than once since then ... but his reactions were very mixed too ... first was definitely pleasure and relief, and then .. what? shaken? upset? ... The track definitely seems very interesting ... I really hope that they have a good "past" story coming up ... 

-Pallavi-soapsudspremparbat--Sari--

--Sari-- IF-Rockerz
--Sari--
--Sari--

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:52am | IP Logged

Sari, the actress is a senior one, and well known ... she wouldn't have come in for a filler role,  unlike Masala Mama and Bubbly. So I'm hoping she has a major role to play in the unraveling of the past ... Khushi's thoughts that she knows so little about the man she loves, did indicate that she will now try to ferret out the answers to her questions. And hopefully, not from Dadi, but from the man himself ... would be much more productive ... she might actually get some answers Tongue

So correct me if I got it wrong ... Arnav and Nani knew where Dadi was all these years ... Anjali didn't.
So obviously Dadi knew about Anjali-Shyam's marriage, and chose not to attend it ... and presumably about Payash wedding too, as she hasn't questioned the presence of Payal ... but no one thought to tell her about Arnav's ... understandably so, I guess, as they didn't know themselves. And that's what will come up today ...

Also, agree with soapy that a pretty maid seems to have caused the problems in the family in the past ... Dadi didn't seem to have problems with HP in the temple Tongue

Front front see bhat bhat happens ... am looking forward to this track unraveling. Big smile

Diya - I don't know if it was caused by a pretty maid. It is a general school of thought, never keep a pretty maid or a pretty baby sitter. You never know when men stray...LOL Yes, Anji doesn't know but the others do about dadi being in a ashram. They covered it up to protect her.

Anji's trauma is now in full play...She is the disturbed one. So ASR has even tougher decisions to make. I think there was an understanding between ASR, Nani & Dadi...She knew about the wedding but chose not to come, maybe with good intentions...I think Anji is a emotional wreck when it comes to all things past...

-Pallavi-soapsudspremparbatDiyaS

-Pallavi- Goldie
-Pallavi-
-Pallavi-

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:52am | IP Logged

Just watched SBS ... and on the topic of Nayi Soch ... on the competing show, the 'child bride who was' (she's divorced now), throws some ash into her ex-husband's face for some wrong-doing ... fully supported by her inlaws all along, who on the face of it, look like very conservative and traditional folks.
And here we have such regressive thinking ... Unless they show Dadi reforming her very out-dated thinking, not just about Khushi, but about servants and high/low castes in general, this will be pretty unpalatable. Or at least show Nani, who is so diametrically opposite to Dadi in terms of basic respect for her fellow human beings, as being the ideal to emulate, not this conservative tradition-bound Dadi with her extremely Purani Soch.

What I want to see is ... is this soch limited to Khushi? And hence linked with the past? Or does it also extend to HP, OP and all other missing P's ... and is just an example of the narrow-minded, autocratic and high-handed thought process common to the family? With the exception of Anjali, I should add.
In which case, the Malliks seems to have some serious issues as a family LOLLOL

Diya, did you have a post yest? What page? I haven't been on the post much. AD calling... Yes, I think the soch is limited to Khushi & Payal coz Dhaiyya ho has filled her in on some unflattering details to cover his behind...They needed to make her entry dramatic, I saw nothing more than that. They were right, the audience reacted to it. So now they have captured the viewers attention, the story better be good...LOL
Importantly Khushi needs her missing spine back...A fight for your rights is loved by the audience, support the abla naari thing...

Anjali seemed traumatized...Arnav seemed shaken when he first saw her & that is what makes it more interesting...what was their past? 

No, Sari, no post from me today, just logged in now ... AD calling here too, and pretty insistently Tongue

Yep, they had a good dramatic entry, Nani and Dadi know each other
, there was a pretty maid in the equation, and like all sons, Arnav would have resented the low aukat vaali ladki bitterly for taking his Dad away from his mom, and Dadi would have cemented the thoughts ... always blame the outside woman, even when your own sikka is khota ... that's what I can formulate at the moment.

Anjali is traumatized because she has not seen Dadi for fourteen years - the last memory of her is  "that night" ...
But from his conversation with Nani, Arnav has seen his Dadi, or at least spoken to her more than once since then ... but his reactions were very mixed too ... first was definitely pleasure and relief, and then .. what? shaken? upset? ... The track definitely seems very interesting ... I really hope that they have a good "past" story coming up ... 

Given Anji's character, I guess Arnav didn't do much background checking on Shyam during their marriage. That is quite surprising.

Edited by reguser - 07 August 2012 at 5:52am

soapsudspremparbatNewbiesoapfanDiyaS

Astra Goldie
Astra
Astra

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:55am | IP Logged
[/QUOTE]

Given Anji's character, I guess Arnav didn't do much background checking on Shyam during their marriage. That is quite surprising.

[/QUOTE]

Ok, this calls for a reality check: leave logic away from the soap!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Pallavi-DiyaSNewbiesoapfan

_Divya_ IF-Stunnerz
_Divya_
_Divya_

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:59am | IP Logged
knock-knock! Smile
may I come in?

Edited by divi4u - 07 August 2012 at 5:59am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Pallavi---Sari--Newbiesoapfan

Go to top