Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:Let the games begin... (Page 44)

Newbiesoapfan IF-Sizzlerz
Newbiesoapfan
Newbiesoapfan

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by reguser

Originally posted by soapsuds

Originally posted by --Sari--

I have a kostin...today some big thing has to happen, right?
Otherwise after the morning ankhon ankhon mein baatein and "hamari baat abhi khatam nahi hui", tonight if miya biwi is razi there is nothing to stop the big C LOL...so reinforcements needed urgently for the FNRVIS...I am sure today's epi will have to provide that...

Good morning/evening all...

Haven't read most posts last nights...just was a busy Monday, still trying to play catch up with AD and SGD both...LOL

Biraj - Big C ke liye wait kareka padi. We have the marriage coming. That is one of the reason they bring in all these characters to distract. Tension mein no play...

Actually I see a lot of potential for this track. This is the time for ASR to actually stand up for her in public. All the bickering was fine but for him to publicly acknowledge her as his wife, there needed to be a track like this. This will shut the Manorama's up.

There were two things he said to her that night at the temple when they entered into this unholy matrimony...that in the eyes of the world we will be man and wife...but to me u will never be my wife and u will never have the status of my wife...
The first bit he has already redressed. For him now she is truly his wife...body, heart and soul and he has accepted and embraced that totally...but the biwi ka darja still remains to be given...this track will redress that...

Now they can show the opposite. The world (Dadi, didi, damaji, Akashji & mami) doesn't accept Khushi (for reasons we are not interested) and inside the room these two live like husband & wife (in the real sense, not just shedding tearsWink)

This way they can have drama and romance both. 
Pallavi ji that is SKD too.. because of the contract -- so nothing happens till the wedding and Daadi will create enough tension to ensure that it does not happen!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Pallavi-soapsudsDiyaS

Astra Goldie
Astra
Astra

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DiyaS

Originally posted by Astra

Originally posted by Newbiesoapfan

Originally posted by Shastradhari

Originally posted by Shastradhari

i really hope..media should or star plus should stand up for such delicate issues...
TV channels should not promote such things..
dadi said she even dont let servants touch temple thingsShockedAngry
its clear insult to that community...who r human beings just like us

They are just trying to compete with other TRP gainers who show such issues. But the point is irrespective of right or wrong, it doesn't suit IPK's context. IPK is a love story in a city setting. So this cast & aukat looks out of place. Yes, even ASR was speaking like this initially. But it can be excused given the fact that he was trying to run away from his emotions towards Khushi and hence used this "aukat" thing as his mask. But Dadi speaking such things doesn't make any sense to this serial at least.

verbal attacks have been tolerated in indian serials..but not touching???? dadi even not letting khushi touch herDead..its great issue "ACHUT"...
what angle khushi likes that???
Totally cringeworthy it was ...!
To be honest, cringeworthy it may be, but not very far from reality. They took it too far though. Not being served by a servant seems absurd. But under some ancient rules, widows have a lot of rules to live by. In this day and age almost no one follows these, but you may find one or two that do. Plus, one should keep in mind that most Indians treat their household help very shabbily. Whatever we may tell ourselves, we rarely see them as equals. Thats just a fact.

Just watched SBS ... and on the topic of Nayi Soch ... on the competing show, the 'child bride who was' (she's divorced now), throws some ash into her ex-husband's face for some wrong-doing ... fully supported by her inlaws all along, who on the face of it, look like very conservative and traditional folks.
And here we have such regressive thinking ... Unless they show Dadi reforming her very out-dated thinking, not just about Khushi, but about servants and high/low castes in general, this will be pretty unpalatable. Or at least show Nani, who is so diametrically opposite to Dadi in terms of basic respect for her fellow human beings, as being the ideal to emulate, not this conservative tradition-bound Dadi with her extremely Purani Soch.

What I want to see is ... is this soch limited to Khushi? And hence linked with the past? Or does it also extend to HP, OP and all other missing P's ... and is just an example of the narrow-minded, autocratic and high-handed thought process common to the family? With the exception of Anjali, I should add.
In which case, the Malliks seems to have some serious issues as a family LOLLOL

To be honest, there has been nothing to indicate that this has anything to do with caste. People that concerned with caste will always hire servants from the same caste. After all your servant will be doing myriad things around the house. I have a grandmother-in-law who follows absurd rules like not eating with the family. She grumbles about them, but follows them nevertheless. I think its more to do with those silly rituals that some crazy people will follow. In any case, this constant pooja and festivals is very tiring. We Hindus have many festivals, true, but films and serials seem to lurch from one to another.
And ya, in many ways the child bride shows much more nayi soch than this one.

-Pallavi-soapsudsDiyaS

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:37am | IP Logged

Also looks like Arnav's and Anji's parents got married because their mothers were friends. Looks as if there was a pretty maid in the past that caused problems in the family!

Fultoo jalebi!

Good thing about daadi is that she is a strong character unlike MM and Bubbly. She will surely be responsible for the next big twist in the story. My guess is that the PH will not separate these two .. that will be suicide.. they should be together and their love should be shown as growing for each other ... else the TRP audience will run away...

Ash - good points...
Walking away was still ok but coming back and claiming your status like she never missed a bit is very annoying. How can she claim full dadi status when she was a clearly a no show. That sure shows the old school thoughts. They command respect just because they are older...

Yes, I was happy she wasn't one of the comic characters coz when the going gets tough they always add comedy. But drama is what was always missing & this addition is a good one. Hope it doesn't go full on saas-bahu but brings out the past instead.

Sari, the actress is a senior one, and well known ... she wouldn't have come in for a filler role,  unlike Masala Mama and Bubbly. So I'm hoping she has a major role to play in the unraveling of the past ... Khushi's thoughts that she knows so little about the man she loves, did indicate that she will now try to ferret out the answers to her questions. And hopefully, not from Dadi, but from the man himself ... would be much more productive ... she might actually get some answers Tongue

So correct me if I got it wrong ... Arnav and Nani knew where Dadi was all these years ... Anjali didn't.
So obviously Dadi knew about Anjali-Shyam's marriage, and chose not to attend it ... and presumably about Payash wedding too, as she hasn't questioned the presence of Payal ... but no one thought to tell her about Arnav's ... understandably so, I guess, as they didn't know themselves. And that's what will come up today ...

Also, agree with soapy that a pretty maid seems to have caused the problems in the family in the past ... Dadi didn't seem to have problems with HP in the temple Tongue

Front front see bhat bhat happens ... am looking forward to this track unraveling. Big smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Pallavi-Rag1nisoapsuds--Sari--Newbiesoapfan

Newbiesoapfan
Newbiesoapfan

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:40am | IP Logged

I missed the morning discussion so I don't know if it was discussed (haven't gotten around to catrching up yet) then but there were several confusing statements last night.
From Nani and Arnie's convo on Friday I gathered that Dadi left after that traumatic night 14 years ago and has been in the Ashram for several years. Over the years at Nani's behest Arnav made several unsuccessful attempts to get Dadi to return back to the family. But from Anji's dialogues yesterday it seemed as if Anji had no clue about Dadi's whereabouts or no contact with her since that fateful night. So was dadi in some way in touch with the family even if infrequently and erratically or not? And they called nani from the Ashram so they obviously have the family's contact details, so Anji's statements don't fit. I am assuming that if Anj is almost 8 months pregnant then Dadi is not blind. she can see that she is pregnant (never mind that we can'tLOL). So pregnancy chhodo but howcome Dadi knows about damadji if Anji has had no communication with her for 14 years? And Anj did not find the question strange...
Biraj -- logic pe aa gaye aap!

I assume that Naani and Arnav kept daadi updated of happenings regularly. Anji is a complete tubelight --- not sure which daamaad she thought her daadi was asking about -- maybe the first groom went away and there was talk that the marriage would happen later and Daadi went away then -- am just adding my logic... guaranteed to be completely wrong!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Pallavi-DiyaS

--Sari-- IF-Rockerz
--Sari--
--Sari--

I missed the morning discussion so I don't know if it was discussed (haven't gotten around to catrching up yet) then but there were several confusing statements last night.
From Nani and Arnie's convo on Friday I gathered that Dadi left after that traumatic night 14 years ago and has been in the Ashram for several years. Over the years at Nani's behest Arnav made several unsuccessful attempts to get Dadi to return back to the family. But from Anji's dialogues yesterday it seemed as if Anji had no clue about Dadi's whereabouts or no contact with her since that fateful night. So was dadi in some way in touch with the family even if infrequently and erratically or not? And they called nani from the Ashram so they obviously have the family's contact details, so Anji's statements don't fit. I am assuming that if Anj is almost 8 months pregnant then Dadi is not blind. she can see that she is pregnant (never mind that we can'tLOL). So pregnancy chhodo but howcome Dadi knows about damadji if Anji has had no communication with her for 14 years? And Anj did not find the question strange...

Biraj - I think Anjali was traumatized after that night. Clearly saw that yest when she hugged dadi. Nani & ASR knew about her existence but shielded Anjali all these years. I think now I get the reason why Anji is being pampered. The girl is troubled from the past; it is deeper than we thought.

Behind the pooja's and the gentleness, there is a girl who has been deeply hurt. That is the reason ASR is so protective of her even though she is older. His tough act is to give her a sense of reassurance, he is her rock. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sumi209-Pallavi-soapsudsNewbiesoapfanDiyaS

soapsuds IF-Rockerz
soapsuds
soapsuds

I have a kostin...today some big thing has to happen, right?
Otherwise after the morning ankhon ankhon mein baatein and "hamari baat abhi khatam nahi hui", tonight if miya biwi is razi there is nothing to stop the big C LOL...so reinforcements needed urgently for the FNRVIS...I am sure today's epi will have to provide that...

Good morning/evening all...

Haven't read most posts last nights...just was a busy Monday, still trying to play catch up with AD and SGD both...LOL

Biraj - Big C ke liye wait kareka padi. We have the marriage coming. That is one of the reason they bring in all these characters to distract. Tension mein no play...

Actually I see a lot of potential for this track. This is the time for ASR to actually stand up for her in public. All the bickering was fine but for him to publicly acknowledge her as his wife, there needed to be a track like this. This will shut the Manorama's up.

There were two things he said to her that night at the temple when they entered into this unholy matrimony...that in the eyes of the world we will be man and wife...but to me u will never be my wife and u will never have the status of my wife...
The first bit he has already redressed. For him now she is truly his wife...body, heart and soul and he has accepted and embraced that totally...but the biwi ka darja still remains to be given...this track will redress that...

Now they can show the opposite. The world (Dadi, didi, damaji, Akashji & mami) doesn't accept Khushi (for reasons we are not interested) and inside the room these two live like husband & wife (in the real sense, not just shedding tearsWink)

This way they can have drama and romance both. 
Pallavi ji that is SKD too.. because of the contract -- so nothing happens till the wedding and Daadi will create enough tension to ensure that it does not happen!

Exactly...they can have nothing happen till the wedding...but given the way things are now between ODC there is no reason for it not to unless both are not normal Wink...so today's epi will have to be devoted to creating that tension...before nightfall...otherwise...what will stop them?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Newbiesoapfan

Newbiesoapfan
Newbiesoapfan

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DiyaS

Also looks like Arnav's and Anji's parents got married because their mothers were friends. Looks as if there was a pretty maid in the past that caused problems in the family!

Fultoo jalebi!

Good thing about daadi is that she is a strong character unlike MM and Bubbly. She will surely be responsible for the next big twist in the story. My guess is that the PH will not separate these two .. that will be suicide.. they should be together and their love should be shown as growing for each other ... else the TRP audience will run away...

Ash - good points...
Walking away was still ok but coming back and claiming your status like she never missed a bit is very annoying. How can she claim full dadi status when she was a clearly a no show. That sure shows the old school thoughts. They command respect just because they are older...

Yes, I was happy she wasn't one of the comic characters coz when the going gets tough they always add comedy. But drama is what was always missing & this addition is a good one. Hope it doesn't go full on saas-bahu but brings out the past instead.

Sari, the actress is a senior one, and well known ... she wouldn't have come in for a filler role,  unlike Masala Mama and Bubbly. So I'm hoping she has a major role to play in the unraveling of the past ... Khushi's thoughts that she knows so little about the man she loves, did indicate that she will now try to ferret out the answers to her questions. And hopefully, not from Dadi, but from the man himself ... would be much more productive ... she might actually get some answers Tongue

So correct me if I got it wrong ... Arnav and Nani knew where Dadi was all these years ... Anjali didn't.
So obviously Dadi knew about Anjali-Shyam's marriage, and chose not to attend it ... and presumably about Payash wedding too, as she hasn't questioned the presence of Payal ... but no one thought to tell her about Arnav's ... understandably so, I guess, as they didn't know themselves. And that's what will come up today ...

Also, agree with soapy that a pretty maid seems to have caused the problems in the family in the past ... Dadi didn't seem to have problems with HP in the temple Tongue

Front front see bhat bhat happens ... am looking forward to this track unraveling. Big smile
Yes will be very interesting ... I like the actress who plays Daadi - she has a commanding presence too -- proper ASR Daadi like -- so waiting for this track to play out ! BTW am Ash when I am not using the hangout name that Lady J baptised me with !

-Pallavi-soapsudsDiyaS

-Pallavi- Goldie
-Pallavi-
-Pallavi-

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:44am | IP Logged

Biraj -- logic pe aa gaye aap!

I assume that Naani and Arnav kept daadi updated of happenings regularly. Anji is a complete tubelight --- not sure which daamaad she thought her daadi was asking about -- maybe the first groom went away and there was talk that the marriage would happen later and Daadi went away then -- am just adding my logic... guaranteed to be completely wrong!

ROFL

In our definition, Anji can definitely think like this. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

soapsudsNewbiesoapfan

Go to top