Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:Let the games begin... (Page 35)

showstruck IF-Rockerz
showstruck
showstruck

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sahana2

Just curious ...

Where does 'Dhaiyya Ho' get his name from ?

The name's as cute as the person, oh , I miss him tooEmbarrassed

IPK - (Arhi + DH) = Boring!!!!

Dhaiyya ho is Shyam's background music...after some instrumental it says that word. quite chatchy

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sahana2Rag1ni

Sahana2 Senior Member
Sahana2
Sahana2

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by showstruck

Originally posted by Sahana2

Just curious ...

Where does 'Dhaiyya Ho' get his name from ?

The name's as cute as the person, oh , I miss him tooEmbarrassed

IPK - (Arhi + DH) = Boring!!!!

Dhaiyya ho is Shyam's background music...after some instrumental it says that word. quite chatchy

Really ? Thanks... I'll need to go back and listen to that again.

Rag1nishowstruck

Rag1ni IF-Dazzler
Rag1ni
Rag1ni

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:11pm | IP Logged
@docgirl: Yes, it is kind of progressive (as much as desi TV soap allows it to be) But then didactic stories, don't speak to me. After all, like you I am more of a show NOT tell girl :P

But I have figured what works for that show, it moves pretty swiftly from one side-story to the other, by neatly closing all the loops. So there is a broad story arc that runs, but the side-stories are linked to it in a very linear fashion. They pretty much follow the KISS principle.
But our show follows Hemingway's Iceberg Theory, or so I delude myself into thinking :) Omission and subtext.

And I agree all that is shown still exists (Constitution cannot change many learnt human traits), but just that one does not want to be sucked into the abyss that is saas-bahu drama. So I am going to whine until Bhabhi wins over super-saas too :)

Aur rang badalne ke liye mubarak!

showstruckNewbiesoapfan

Rag1ni IF-Dazzler
Rag1ni
Rag1ni

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:12pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Rag1ni

Sudden love for Shyamji on the hangout :) *grin*

I think I know why the episode didn't speak to me [besides the fact that it seemed to be a little bit from pre-1950s when India didn't have a Constitution and Article 15 (equality of castes) and Article 17 (ban on untouchability) didn't exist]. My problem with the episode was that it was like eating charred karela subzi. There is nothing wrong itself with karela. It is good for health and in fact, I like it even. Plus, it would be creepy if karela was not bitter. But you don't make it even bitterer by burning it. What you need for a good karela subzi is lots of oil, a little bit of tamarind, some papad ka tukdas and cooking on slow fire patiently. And lots of love, of course. All great recipes demand love.

PS: My word-processing programme does not recognise untouchability as a legit word. Sometimes you gotta appreciate America :D

is that a real recipe for Karela? Got to try. My husband likes it...and he influenced be to me eating this veg. I cook with Aloo. Make really thin slices and of both and chip my nail every single timeUnhappy

Yes, yes. It really is. Also, need pyaaz, tamatar and masala. Of course. And ouch about cooking nails :D

showstruckNewbiesoapfan

showstruck IF-Rockerz
showstruck
showstruck

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:14pm | IP Logged

I think I know why the episode didn't speak to me [besides the fact that it seemed to be a little bit from pre-1950s when India didn't have a Constitution and Article 15 (equality of castes) and Article 17 (ban on untouchability) didn't exist]. My problem with the episode was that it was like eating charred karela subzi. There is nothing wrong itself with karela. It is good for health and in fact, I like it even. Plus, it would be creepy if karela was not bitter. But you don't make it even bitterer by burning it. What you need for a good karela subzi is lots of oil, a little bit of tamarind, some papad ka tukdas and cooking on slow fire patiently. And lots of love, of course. All great recipes demand love.

PS: My word-processing programme does not recognise untouchability as a legit word. Sometimes you gotta appreciate America :D

is that a real recipe for Karela? Got to try. My husband likes it...and he influenced be to me eating this veg. I cook with Aloo. Make really thin slices and of both and chip my nail every single timeUnhappy

Yes, yes. It really is. Also, need pyaaz, tamatar and masala. Of course. And ouch about cooking nails :D

Thanks but I dont cook my nails...they gets broken and I sit down with my nail filler...SP is showing Tiger trailorLOL

Rag1niNewbiesoapfan

.Mandy. Channel Moderator
.Mandy.
.Mandy.

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by purplenpink

Even accounting for the need to appease certain sections of the trp audience and the fact that this is unfortunately the reality across several households, it was a rather regressive entry for the new character. So while one understands it, fortunately one doesn't have to like it.

Well said, I think that is the case for many of us we understand what was shown and accept it is something that still happens but it doesn't mean we have to like what we see.

It seems this remarriage will be a forced one which is the exact opposite of what I wanted to see. I wanted one with just the two of them or at least one with the family's blessings, a forced one just takes away the excitement of it all

I believe the CVs are still focusing on strengthening Khushi and Arnav's relationship through this track. I don't see a seperation happening in the future, things will threaten to tear them apart but they will not seperate.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

purplenpinkRag1nishowstruckNewbiesoapfanPr1yanka

Sahana2 Senior Member
Sahana2
Sahana2

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:18pm | IP Logged

Ragini - Aap meri nazar mein 'aapan umra ki ladkiyon se bahut aage'

Clap

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Rag1nishowstruckNewbiesoapfan

Sahana2 Senior Member
Sahana2
Sahana2

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:27pm | IP Logged

@docgirl: Yes, it is kind of progressive (as much as desi TV soap allows it to be) But then didactic stories, don't speak to me. After all, like you I am more of a show NOT tell girl :P

But I have figured what works for that show, it moves pretty swiftly from one side-story to the other, by neatly closing all the loops. So there is a broad story arc that runs, but the side-stories are linked to it in a very linear fashion. They pretty much follow the KISS principle.
But our show follows Hemingway's Iceberg Theory, or so I delude myself into thinking :) Omission and subtext.

And I agree all that is shown still exists (Constitution cannot change many learnt human traits), but just that one does not want to be sucked into the abyss that is saas-bahu drama. So I am going to whine until Bhabhi wins over super-saas too :)

Aur rang badalne ke liye mubarak!

And I agree with Ragini. I peak into the child bride show now and again. It strives to deliver a social message and stays away from anything regressive (if you ignore the heavy jewelry and outfits). It has strong parallel leads who in turn have strong parallel tracks. 

But , even with the loopholes , bloopers and editing gotchas, our story is still unique . Gotta be Arhi or Sarun.

Rag1nishowstruck

Go to top