Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:Let the games begin... (Page 34)

showstruck IF-Rockerz
showstruck
showstruck

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Mandy.

Originally posted by dillimetro

Originally posted by .Mandy.

Originally posted by ipkbs

Going to bed.
See you all later.
goodnight.

oh, before I forget, daadi has a very freaky tune doesn't she?? freakier than dhaiyya ho though, that made me want to bhangra.

LOL I'm missing Dhaiyya Ho Cry 

Me too ... I think the freeloaders aka..Baby Anj and Vakeel Babu... hands down.. best hair on the show..and we need Abhaas back... kyonki..I don't pay attention to his twitches.. I love his hair.. 

LOL I'm the opposite, I want him to get a haircut! I saw a recent pic of him with Akshay, its getting longer! Hope he at least gets a trim before his return

I agree about the Shashi torturing, I just could not watch that. Out of all the episodes, that is one scene I could not watch.

I heard he is thinking of of going skin head before re-entry...I know Divya will be sad but its not confirmed yetSmileSmile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

IFoverratedRag1niNewbiesoapfan

docgirl IF-Dazzler
docgirl
docgirl

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 10:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rag1ni

I just wanted to say this, there is NOTHING wrong that Daadi mistakes Khushi for a maid. Lots of maids are really well turned out and it is an honest mistake that one can make. For example, when new people visit my house and see our really attractive and neatly dressed maid, they are often confused wondering who she is. And very routinely my dad does look like Ramu Kaaka. Nothing wrong with that. (Plus, maids are awesome. My mom will vouch for that) I was okay about Daadi mistaking Khushi for a maid and I didn't care much for the 'OMG how dare she call her a maid' (not to delve too much into that, but those reactions are what I found offensive)

But I have to say, I was still unhappy with Daadi. Even though I get the intent for bringing her in (drama --->> TRPs) and provide greater insight into why Arnav is such an ASR. I also get it that I am indulging in a knee-jerk reaction, but lets just that I have very little tolerance for casteist, classist saas-drama. Yes, I understand that such things happen in the real world (the newspapers tell me about how certain people cannot enter the inner sanctum of temples etc), I get that, but I still don't see why I need to see it. Perhaps I don't understand religion really, having been raised by rationalist parents and being a product of mixed faith, where everything goes and there are no 'purity zones' in our house. So I am just frustrated seeing this in a love story.

Though to be fair to Dadi, even Nani in her early days was pretty douchey. Ya, she loved Khushi and thought of her as 'aapan umra ki ladkiyon se bahut aage' ' which was only because Khushi fitted into her definition of good Indian girls ' you know, Indian attire, tied up hair and who could tell her festivals apart. She hated La, who was a 'working-woman who liked to party' (*gasp*). But today Naani has thawed and tomorrow Daadi will too ' but the question still remains, do means justify the ends. But this is the same show, where to bring the truth about the marriage the girl had to seriously contemplate suicide. So yeah, anything goes. I have also concluded that I don't like matriarch type characters on TV shows. They always make sure that patriarchy wins. Irony much.

BTW, as someone who watches the competition show on occasion (go ahead and judge me), which while having a super regressive premise, is actually a pretty progressive (albeit boring) show. The matriarch character there, is a meanie too, but is also simultaneously badass. TV and the world at large, needs more badass women :D

Thanks Sari for your post. Some of us were waiting for us it right after the episode so that we could calm ourselves down. (though, birthday girl Ippy did her very best to keep the mood upbeat :D)

PS: Given all the Ramayana references, what are the chances that Daadi is going to be the chastity demanding Dhobi?

LOL Rags, what an amezing poster... our very own desified JLo! Tongue . Great post... the social structure, the ingroup-ougroup rules... really have NOTHING to do with religion and everything to do with safeguarding your spot on the pyramid. Hierarchies protect their own --- plain and simple. Ouch

Child Bride is progressive?  Shocked . Having never watched it, of course I'm shocked! Tongue . So my guess is they have a tough new character entering hence our daadi makes her entrance! They'll have a wedding and we'll get a shaadi 360... follow the leader, we're #2 so we try harder!  Big smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

purplenpinkjoenet1234Rag1niNewbiesoapfan

showstruck IF-Rockerz
showstruck
showstruck

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 10:52pm | IP Logged
@Sheila and Isha...both of you have changed colors while I was away...congrats...Big smile

IFoverratedpurplenpinkdocgirl

Rag1ni IF-Dazzler
Rag1ni
Rag1ni

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 10:53pm | IP Logged

Sudden love for Shyamji on the hangout :) *grin*

I think I know why the episode didn't speak to me [besides the fact that it seemed to be a little bit from pre-1950s when India didn't have a Constitution and Article 15 (equality of castes) and Article 17 (ban on untouchability) didn't exist]. My problem with the episode was that it was like eating charred karela subzi. There is nothing wrong itself with karela. It is good for health and in fact, I like it even. Plus, it would be creepy if karela was not bitter. But you don't make it even bitterer by burning it. What you need for a good karela subzi is lots of oil, a little bit of tamarind, some papad ka tukdas and cooking on slow fire patiently. And lots of love, of course. All great recipes demand love.

PS: My word-processing programme does not recognise untouchability as a legit word. Sometimes you gotta appreciate America :D

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Sahana2purplenpinkIFoverrateddocgirlshowstruck

IFoverrated Goldie
IFoverrated
IFoverrated

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
Mallik's Genes

1.Judgemental
Dadi jee made up her mind about khushi just like Arnie did one year back.

2.Aukaat crap
Dadi jee behaviour and thinking towards domestic help is way regressive.

Even if past is needed for buildup of this story it should have handled properly by the CVs.
To show  the divide between rich and the poor Cvs used all recycled ideas which just doesnt add up on screen.
Plight of Untouchables. Seriously nayi soch ki lehar doesn't go down well with me.

Arnie kept throwing Aukaat crap to her till may episodes.Middle class gals have only one thing in mind ie how to trap Rich Dude.Must have been a reminder to him of someone from his past.
Still Whattay Nayi sochClap

3.Anger 

4.Last Hand signal.
Interruptors/Moral police/staunch supporter of congress left to be seen

5. Opportunist yet to be seen on Dadi front

PS Last scene clear divide was shown in RM family.
Team Khushi
Team Dadi
Team ASR

purplenpinkshowstruckNewbiesoapfan

showstruck IF-Rockerz
showstruck
showstruck

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rag1ni

Sudden love for Shyamji on the hangout :) *grin*

I think I know why the episode didn't speak to me [besides the fact that it seemed to be a little bit from pre-1950s when India didn't have a Constitution and Article 15 (equality of castes) and Article 17 (ban on untouchability) didn't exist]. My problem with the episode was that it was like eating charred karela subzi. There is nothing wrong itself with karela. It is good for health and in fact, I like it even. Plus, it would be creepy if karela was not bitter. But you don't make it even bitterer by burning it. What you need for a good karela subzi is lots of oil, a little bit of tamarind, some papad ka tukdas and cooking on slow fire patiently. And lots of love, of course. All great recipes demand love.

PS: My word-processing programme does not recognise untouchability as a legit word. Sometimes you gotta appreciate America :D

is that a real recipe for Karela? Got to try. My husband likes it...and he influenced be to me eating this veg. I cook with Aloo. Make really thin slices and of both and chip my nail every single timeUnhappy

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sahana2IFoverrated

docgirl IF-Dazzler
docgirl
docgirl

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
@Israt... thanks! yep a bunch of us changed colors recently! J did too... 
Missed seeing you around! Hug

@Payal: Terrific post - a bunch of us are same-to-same on the epi, I think  Hug

@Rags: No matter what the law says, those issues exist today for altogether too many. I do take your point that we don't insulate ourselves from that world in our AD to have it shoved in our faces in fantasy duniya. Some fantasy duniya this! Ouch

chalo, at least there's something you appreciate about amreeka! Wink

ETA: @all: Time to skip off into SKD. Let's hope for some magic and pagalpan on money shot Tuesday! Rabba Ve  Hug

Edited by docgirl - 06 August 2012 at 11:02pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Sahana2purplenpinkRag1nishowstruckPr1yanka

Sahana2 Senior Member
Sahana2
Sahana2

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
Just curious ...

Where does 'Dhaiyya Ho' get his name from ?

The name's as cute as the person, oh , I miss him tooEmbarrassed

IPK - (Arhi + DH) = Boring!!!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Rag1niNewbiesoapfan

Go to top