Spice Girls Hangout:Let the games begin... - Page 33

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by Astra

To be honest, cringeworthy it may be, but not very far from reality. They took it too far though. Not being served by a servant seems absurd. But under some ancient rules, widows have a lot of rules to live by. In this day and age almost no one follows these, but you may find one or two that do. Plus, one should keep in mind that most Indians treat their household help very shabbily. Whatever we may tell ourselves, we rarely see them as equals. Thats just a fact.
Question -- daadiji seemed to be very much at home in RM... Arnav was supposed to have made his money in the recent past... how is so comfortable here? She seems to know her way around very well!
Hey Ash, was not able to come to the forum coz work had just spilled all over the place. Even now have overshot deadline, but couldn't keep away anymore😆.

Saw the episode yesterday. Am reserving verdict on dadi. I'll like to go with Rags and say that she's like ASR. Upar se kadak, under se mushy, but I have a bad feeling about this track. My mom who's like most normal viewers (read un-obsessed non-IF haunting) said that if they keep yo-yoing with the love story, it will lose all its charm. I'm inclined to agree. They have to show these two on the same plane. This see-saw of emotions can get repetitive. BTW was feeling pissed off with jiji. Mami's scared, why can she never open her trap in time? ufff. 
How is no one gushing about the newly posted SBS footage?
Originally posted by Newbiesoapfan

Question -- daadiji seemed to be very much at home in RM... Arnav was supposed to have made his money in the recent past... how is so comfortable here? She seems to know her way around very well!
Arrey...so many confusing questions...she leaves after the parents die. So that would be when Anji's first marriage has broken down. So when she's asking about damaad hi, which one does she mean? Does she even know about Shyamu? She just assumes that a dressed up pretty girl is a servant and never questions who the other dressed up girl is? And even for an arrogant old woman, she has atrocious manners 

Hey Ash, was not able to come to the forum coz work had just spilled all over the place. Even now have overshot deadline, but couldn't keep away anymore😆.

Saw the episode yesterday. Am reserving verdict on dadi. I'll like to go with Rags and say that she's like ASR. Upar se kadak, under se mushy, but I have a bad feeling about this track. My mom who's like most normal viewers (read un-obsessed non-IF haunting) said that if they keep yo-yoing with the love story, it will lose all its charm. I'm inclined to agree. They have to show these two on the same plane. This see-saw of emotions can get repetitive. BTW was feeling pissed off with jiji. Mami's scared, why can she never open her trap in time? ufff. 
No probs Astra ... I hope Daadi turns out your way. I was wondering
1) How could a lady have walked off 14 years back leaving two orphans to fend for themselves.. or did she entrust them to the maternal grandmother and walk off... either way it is abandonment... did not see a warm reception from ASR atleast for her.
2) What caused her to come back after all these years?

Yes .. ASR has inherited a number of qualities from her... but the heart was there underneath all of the image that he projected. Did you notice that she did not hug Anji back the first time ...!

Also looks like Arnav's and Anji's parents got married because their mothers were friends. Looks as if there was a pretty maid in the past that caused problems in the family!

Fultoo jalebi!

Good thing about daadi is that she is a strong character unlike MM and Bubbly. She will surely be responsible for the next big twist in the story. My guess is that the PH will not separate these two .. that will be suicide.. they should be together and their love should be shown as growing for each other ... else the TRP audience will run away...
Originally posted by sugar_babe

How is no one gushing about the newly posted SBS footage?
Sugar ji -- hum peetal ke barthan ke andhar hai... !
Originally posted by Newbiesoapfan

Sugar ji -- hum peetal ke barthan ke andhar hai... !
hahahaha...arrey chodo baba! All right, not much discussing. But very curious to see how it plays out. Its Mishti's spoiler, of course. 

Ok I did not give away anything to those not curious. Right?

hahahaha...arrey chodo baba! All right, not much discussing. But very curious to see how it plays out. Its Mishti's spoiler, of course. 

Ok I did not give away anything to those not curious. Right?
Aise hi lag rahaa hai... can see only pics in office... so have to reserve judgement. Maybe there was a WU.. let me check!
I have a kostin...today some big thing has to happen, right?
Otherwise after the morning ankhon ankhon mein baatein and "hamari baat abhi khatam nahi hui", tonight if miya biwi is razi there is nothing to stop the big C 😆...so reinforcements needed urgently for the FNRVIS...I am sure today's epi will have to provide that...
Originally posted by soapsuds

I have a kostin...today some big thing has to happen, right?
Otherwise after the morning ankhon ankhon mein baatein and "hamari baat abhi khatam nahi hui", tonight if miya biwi is razi there is nothing to stop the big C 😆...so reinforcements needed urgently for the FNRVIS...I am sure today's epi will have to provide that...
There is no end to kaba mein haddis for this couple. Either they MU each other or they get kidnapped or somebody interrupts them.
No big "C" happening soon!