Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Maggie- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: meens80

I am hoping they show Janmashtami; i loved the way Khushi tricked Arnav into attending the puja last year and then the face off in the car was super tooπŸ‘πŸΌ
I think Khushi is singing because she wants to be all mahan and leave again because Dadi is angry with her; this will anger Arnav and then Khushi may then try to manaofy him. It is actually quite a seductive song; i'm excited to see how the incorporate it into the episode.

I wish they posted subtitles to the songs during the episode too.  Caught it on YT today...really beautiful and yes, seductive😳
ipkbs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Maybe its not singing but the song playing in the background while she does the manana.

And the festival, was daadi with the little god, sorry don't know the name, enlighten me,
Does that not signify the festival will happen??
howcome thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
considering, today they established Daadi as a character...is it too much to expect for 
TRP-Lock- tuesday to have some good ARHI time?
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: docgirl

Rabba Ve Masala Ladkis

Long, mind numbing, exhausting day and I almost skipped the episode and the hangout ... but I guess I guess yeh meri aadat hai. πŸ˜› Mohabbat for the isspice girls drew me in! πŸ€—

Phew... high voltage drama! For all of us who wanted a back isstory be careful what you wish for, coz you just might get it. 🀒 How hard was it to watch daadi take her shot at the show's fave punching bag! 😭  Every kind of prejudice was on display - social class, caste... The hardest thing for me was not that it shown (although that was awfully hard!) but that it drove home the fact that it is a reflection of asli duniya. Sure the dramatic quotient was amped up but not by that much - unfortunately. πŸ˜”

India does live in many centuries and people like daadi are very much part of one of those centuries. It's just that all of us here have made the time leap and don't want any part of that social structure or those value systems. It is offensive to us, but it IS very much a reality for many. 

I take little comfort from the fact that daadi will likely see the error of her ways or that Arnav bitua will now take up cudgels on patni's behalf. Nothing about this segment will be easy or feel fulfilling! Those among us who wanted ArHi to stand together and solve problems ---- that wish may be coming true but at what cost? Those who wanted redemption, we may get a double bonanza (NOT!) - daadi and grandson both wallowing in their sins. Again, wish coming true but at what cost? 

From today's precap it seems likely that daadi will play catalyst for shaadi 360. That piece doesn't really bother me... if that is what it will take for the daadis of the world to accept Khushi as a bahu, Arnav bitua owes it to her.

Between the two of them, do they really need another wedding - public or private? Does Khushi? The mangalsutra and the sindhoor are but symbols. If Arnav can show Khushi that it's not how you start the journey but how you finish it that counts, then isn't that all that matters? If he shows her that no matter how she came to wear her sindhoor and magalsutra, now she  wears  them for the right reasons, isn't that all that matters? While she wrings her hands over the contract and what Di needs, if she realizes that it's not whether they can live with each other but whether can they live without that is important ... then everything else is just gravy, trim, trappings... nice to have, not need to have. 

At any rate Subhadra Malik brings with her a boatload of kostins... what, when, why, how? For now I'm a little too heart weary to speculate, it is day 1 and I'll wait to see how it plays out. Vinamr nivedan to the CVs --- peeleejh do not crush our spirit for too long in the crazy gold rush for TRPs. One thing seems sure we're going to find out that ASR is a chip off the old block, the apple does not fall far from the tree... and so on. For no matter how much daadiji hurt Khushi today, ASR has done far, far worse to her. If we survived that I guess we can survive this. 

Oh and hat tip on Day 1 for the actress playing daadi - she was PITCH PERFECT! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

πŸ‘
docgirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: howcome

Doc - liked your post and agree with most but the one in bold...

we survived ASR nonsense coz we knew they were building slow romance using the facade of aukat/gaali galoch. Also, we endured all that to see it repeat with a 60+ daadi, i am not sure of TRP audience but most of us may not like it. 

But i agree to it being Day 1 and i have learnt this lesson in this hangout that -holding on to the horses of judgement will probably give us all a great rabba veyπŸ˜‰

Howie, I'm not suggesting it was easy or that it didn't test our endurance, but at least today what did daadi do that was not heaps milder than anything ASR has done to Khushi? That she's 60+ at least gives her an excuse of sorts - she's of a different generation, has a different set of values, lives in a different century. What was ASR's excuse? So its okay in the name of romance, but not for what will be the ultimate transformation - nayi soch for 60+ daadi? 

Again, I hope they wrap this up quickly, it was awful and painful but no more so than ASR dissing Khushi for her aukat or calling her a gold digger or torturing her physically or mentally. She and more importantly we have come around to rooting for him (mostly!). Hence we may have to give daadi a chance, no matter how distasteful her behavior. 

Friends still? πŸ˜‰   πŸ€—
-Vee05- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ipkbs

Maybe its not singing but the song playing in the background while she does the manana.

And the festival, was daadi with the little god, sorry don't know the name, enlighten me,
Does that not signify the festival will happen??

little god is bal gopal...janmashtmi will play out soon πŸ˜ƒ
mitthoo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Newbiesoapfan

Divya ji-- where can I get a house DP?

you dig House eh ?  πŸ˜ƒ... great taste  !!.

. first 3 seasons.. amazing !!  I am a huge fan of Hugh Laurie.. Love his Bertie Wooster... and that hugh and fry show ⭐️ of course..love PG Wodehouse ..have the whole ..well thumbed collection

I usually just swipe jpgs from internet.  and chipkao as the DP

On the show.. this week..or next..but rather sooner than later.. I just want ASR to put a stop to Mami calling Khushi PS...and when he does it..he needs to somehow convey to Khushi..that by being a doormat... goody two shoes.. she is not helping herself or anyone else

remarriage ho ya na ho.. to me the commitment is a state of mind.  Even if Dadi makes them do gaaje-baaje ke saath shaadi,  If Khushi doesn't feel married... she will still walk away...or rather should.

ASR ..somehow... even during the faraq track..was always committed to Khushi.. he just took his sweet time acknowledging it to himself

Edited by dillimetro - 11 years ago
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: docgirl

Howie, I'm not suggesting it was easy or that it didn't test our endurance, but at least today what did daadi do that was not heaps milder than anything ASR has done to Khushi? That she's 60+ at least gives her an excuse of sorts - she's of a different generation, has a different set of values, lives in a different century. What was ASR's excuse? So its okay in the name of romance, but not for what will be the ultimate transformation - nayi soch for 60+ daadi? 

Again, I hope they wrap this up quickly, it was awful and painful but no more so than ASR dissing Khushi for her aukat or calling her a gold digger or torturing her physically or mentally. She and more importantly we have come around to rooting for him (mostly!). Hence we may have to give daadi a chance, no matter how distasteful her behavior. 

Friends still? πŸ˜‰   πŸ€—

I agree with you here, yes the CVs did push things with Dadi's treatment of Khushi but reality is this happens both in real life and on other serials only difference here is that there is more to it that meets the eye. There is a reason Dadi is this way and hopefully we will learn more soon so it doesn't feel like things are dragging, if written with the right pace this track holds great promise.

ipkbs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Going to bed.
See you all later.
goodnight.

oh, before I forget, daadi has a very freaky tune doesn't she?? freakier than dhaiyya ho though, that made me want to bhangra.
docgirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: -monalisa-

Mandy, I don't expect Khushi to turn into a Jhansi ki rani here.  This is Arnav's family and she always treads super carefully.  But it's unlike her to not say a word -she was weird today.  

Mona Darrling, great post - esp the point on Shyam... bring him back  - mauka hai, dastoor hai! πŸ˜›

I thought Khushi staying silent today was in character --- she's shell shocked and it's the formidable daadiji who didn't give her a chance to get a word in edgeways. I do think it would be odd if she's silent for too long.