India-Forums

Sports/Cricket
Sports/Cricket

Olympic boxing

pikablu Goldie
pikablu
pikablu

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 4:36pm | IP Logged
I am surprised that no one on this forum has even spoken about this yet. But anyone look at the boxing? Our Manoj Kumar, Sumit Sangwan, Vikas Krishnan and now Vijender have all lost so unfairly in these Olympic games which are meant to represent fairness and equality that it's making me feel disappointed. I am shocked at Vijender's loss in this boxing match in particular when even the BBC and ESPN commentators were saying that he's winning and that the judges must have pressed the wrong button when scoring. It was such a shock though not only did he not win the 2nd round or 3rd round he lost overall by an overwhelming 5 points? All of the commentators were shocked when they heard that Atoev had won, even the crowd went wild with anger.

Disgraceful is the only word I can use to describe how India has been treated in these boxing bouts. It's sad really, I am really sad that cheating is being so openly displayed in these Olympic games and no one's doing a thing about it - anyone agree?

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top