India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

The battle lines are drawn (Page 4)

.Sia. IF-Dazzler
.Sia.
.Sia.

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:35pm | IP Logged
Firstly, brilliant post! I love your analysis. Now, to add my to pennies' worth...
Although Manorama is a Raizada bahu, Nani would obviously want her best friend to accept her daughter-in-law. Maybe the reason Mami fears Dadi so much is that she was met with a very hostile reception when he was a new bahu and it may have taken Nani a long time to win Dadi over. That's the only explanation I can think of, anyway.
As for Arnav's infamous aukaat talks - I'm guessing that somewhere in his past a woman with a low economic background is involved (some say Khushi's mum but I'm not too sure). That would explain why he told Khushi in their first meeting that he knew her 'type'. Or this ideology may have been drummed into him somehow. Dadi's approach is a lot more backwards. I know that untouchables still exist, and maybe they want to show how traditional she is by not allowing one anywhere near her, but I sincerely hope her view on servants overall changes.
Arnav stepping back to Khushi in the precap was very interesting. I'm unsure of whether Dadi knows if they're married or not at this stage. If she does, then he's showing that he's on Khushi's side. But if she doesn't, a lot more symbolism can be found. Arnav stepping back to Khushi suggests that things will go wrong - he's taking steps back in their relationship. If we look at the phrase 'two steps forward, one step back', this shows that their relationship will develop, but now at a slower pace than before. It can also be an indication of separation or divorce, and then remarriage. Another symbolism that could perhaps be extracted is that distance will be created and obstacles will come between them, but divine intervention will always make the situation such that they will be together through everything. Just my thoughts on occurrences so far, but I guess it's too early to make judgements Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

incandescent

NestleToulouse IF-Stunnerz
NestleToulouse
NestleToulouse

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 1:57am | IP Logged
Lovely post dear ! Very well written Clap 

Edited by sweetgal19 - 07 August 2012 at 1:58am

incandescent

incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 4:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by premparbat

Hi Fari,

I have yet to make my opinion about Dadi as it was her first day .  What triggered her appearance at RM after 14 years and her future role is yet to be determined.

On the positive side I think a strong matriach was required as nani has seen all sdies of the story and sympathetic towards all her children including Khushi . On the other hand dadi brings with her age old traditions and a strong presence in what is right Vs wrong. Arnie & Anji need that to navigate thru the tough times ahead specailly with Shyam's return.  Also this gives Arnie the oppertunity to establish the rightful position for Khushi and her place in his and his family's life.

On the negative, she could turn out to be a typical saas like figure who is hard to please and condesending in her ways.  I would hate a schemeing and vile figure whose mission to make Khushi's life miserable.  I am not for rona - dhona and such stereotypical situations and IPK does not have a place for it.

I will wait for  a few days to declare that the Battle lines are drawn till i get to know her agenda.

By the way I LOVED the precap for whatever it is worth... Arnie needs to stand by Khushi and Khushi needs to stand up too and take her rightful place. Enough of sacrifice and pleasing everyone...

Take care.

Hey Ratna,

Dadi is certainly an interesting character. I am sure there is more to her than what meets the eye. 

I think it will be partially be a saas bahu saga...dadi surely won't warm up to Khushi so soon. 

Loved the precap...loved Arnav standing by his Khushi. 

Looking forward to the episode.

TC. 
Thanks. 

premparbat

incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 4:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kbtr

Originally posted by incandescent

Post cannot be quoted.
That's intriguing. I never thought (and I am quite observant - it's my job to be!!) of the fact that he went out instead of motioning her to come in. Maybe, symbolically and unconsciously telling Dadi that the way she accepts Kushi will be the way she wil have to accept him? Please let me know when you figure it out. I just want this relationship to be one where he is with her no matter what - in mind, body and spirit. So no matter what sh-- is planned for Kushi, if Arnav is with her, it will be bearable for her (and me, and me!!! - I know I'm a crazy fan!) Please let me know!

I think it was just ASR showing has stand regarding Khushi to dadi. He will not have her being disrespected, he will not stand in, while she stands out and that they are equals. 

It also means that he accepts her wholeheartedly...the way she is. 

incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 4:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pisces25

Great post Fari Clap

I will not judge Dadi as of now as it's too early but I was very confused how she suddenly figured out Anjali was pregnant I mean as a viewer I still can't tell plus why did she not enquire about Arnav? She went straight to how Damadji was hmm..Does it mean she doesn't like Arnav? Why is Anjali everyone's fav?LOL

So I guess Shyam is coming back and this time it looks as if there will be a major sibling rift because there is no way Arnav wants him back but I guess Dadiji will bring him back.

Thanks Devu.

I guess Anjali has always been the baby of the family. LOL We are going to find out dadi's equation with Arnav tonight. 

Yes major sibling rift ahead. 
incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 4:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by arhi-sarun-fan

Great post Fari, hope I can call you that Big smile loved the analysis and also the precap. There is no doubt that Arnav and Nani will be on Khushi side. As you said there is lot of confusion in dadi's dialogues today. Without baby bump how does she know that Anjali is pregnant? WackoOr is she the mysterious person whom Anjali is in contact with phone and in person. May be she is here to help Anjali in bringing back Shyam. The thing I can't decipher is a lady who believes in age old traditions, who speaks SHUDH HINDI will allow damaad to be as ghar jamai? ConfusedOne more thing I observed today is Mami also addressing dadi as dadi Confused Isnt she dadi to Arnav and Anjali Confused

Hi dear, 

Please call me Fari. Embarrassed

I don't think Anjali has been in touch with dadi, it is most certainly Shyam. 

As for allowing Shyam as ghar jamai, he is a master manipulator. He knows very well how to play with people emotions. Earlier he managed to convince the family by saying Anjali can't look after herself.

Not sure why mami was addressing her as dadi. Confused

Thanks. 
incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 4:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arshi4eva_18

Well we all know that Shyamu's capability of blackmailing and manipulating the situation to suit his needs is remarkably outstanding. Makhan lagana toh uski aadat hai. Im sure, that he will emotionally blackmail Dadi, to re-enter RM. Aur Dadi uski koi bhi kahani par vishvaas karlegi. But you never know, since Dadi is a firm believer in Religion etc, and after Khushi will win Dadi's heart, and when Dadi will learn the truth behind Arshi's marriage and also why Shyam was kicked out..she might declare that she wants that Arnav and Khushi to re marry as per customs. 

That's just my prediction. But I do hope that Khushi will win her heart soon and that Dadi will learn the truth about Arshi's marriage. Maybe, that's the sole reason for Dadi to be introduced? We all know, that they will re marry and I don't think that CV's had another option other than to introduce another character and then begin the track. Otherwise, how would Arnav and Khushi re marry especially with Poojali being depressed because her husband was kicked out and on top of that that she she is pregnant ?

I think the main reason for dadi's introduction is to reveal the past. Although the past still haunts Arnav and Anjali, they have moved on in a way. No one at RM even discuss those things. 

Dadi's entry has given them a reminder of their past, a past they no longer want to revisit. 
incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 4:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Gautami

Fari..Nice post!

Characters like arnavs dadi do live in real world..I am living with one.LOL.But thats the age old generation they follow.

Anyways..Dadi and anjali convo have raised lot of doubts..like how did she knw abt shyam,anjali being pregnant when she was nt in contact with them over dozen years.Possibility is there shyam reached out to her..bt then how did he knw about her?May be he had dig the info when he was the damadji in hs stay at RM.

Next,NK is sweet..he has promisd khushi that he wil be ther for her..and no doubts he is fulfilling it.

Mami..Well..the more she receives taunts frm Dadi the more happy I will be..becuz she needs to payback for treating payal and khushi so bad.

Yeah!Its Nani&Arnav versus dadi&Anjali incase of Shyam..it wil be fun to see ths track..and ofc Khushi is ther for Arnav.
Precap made me LIKE the epi.

Hey Gautami,

Yes people like her do exist. Smile You're living with one? ShockedEmbarrassed

I won't be surprised if Shyam is behind dadi's sudden arrival. He could have dug out infos or maybe he just knew about dadi. He has been a part of the family long enough. 

Precap made me like the epi too. LOL

Thanks. 

Go to top