Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain

Can a mother choose between her children?

loveleen12 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
After watching the promo and reading many posts on this topic of Jeevika choosing Manvi over her baby, I am wondering can a mother really choose between her kids? A mother child relationship is the greatest, and Jeeman share that kind of bond so both are Jeevika's kids. Normally a sister would forget her sister for her baby not her baby for her sister, but Jeeman are special. Still, does that mean that Jeevika has to kill her child for her sister?

To show that Jeevika is Manvi's hazaron mein ek behna do the cvs have to degrade a mother's love for her child?

To make the Jeeman bond look greater does the mother-child relationship have to be made smaller?

For Jeevika, Manvi holds the first spot in her life so if in the future she has to divorce Viren to be with Manvi she definately will, but could she kill him for Manvi? If she can't than how can she kill her own baby for Manvi's sake.

What will this track show?

Will Jeevika prove that she is the best sister in the universe or the worst mother a child could have?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Neha.K. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
For J, M is not her only sis, She is her 1st child..
now u tell me...can a mother leave her 1st child for her unborn child??
whom she will choose if she comes to know k woh sirf ek ko bacha sakti hai.??
Edited by Neha.K. - 11 years ago
loveleen12 thumbnail
I really don't know, I guess to an extent it is okay. Most probably it won't seem so bad when the situation arises that only Jeevika can save Manvi and that to by aborting her child. But now during the roka, how can she say that Manvi is more important to her than her child. That just seemed like an insensitive statement to me at that moment.
Kajol20 thumbnail
OH MY GOODNESS. I have never looked at it this way. I just knew that it will cause chaos. Great post! I agree completely!😲👏
-Pj- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I understand your views, that aborting your child for your sister is not necessary to show. However, in my opinion this is how I see it – as we are speculating. Maanvi is Jeevika's child, but she will be stuck between her two children. One who is suffering from cancer and one who is not born yet. To prove she is a great sister she does not need to abort her child. But we do not know that if that is the question.  She will be stuck between a rock and a hard place – how is one suppose to choose who's will have a greatest life. Maanvi is in front of them, they know her and love her – can she sit back and watch her die. On the other hand is her unborn child, who is innocent, who hasn't not even lived- do they not have a right to live?

There is no right or wrong answer as it is left to your own principals and convictions. Personally I don't want the writers to go down this line as it is a thin ethical line which I don't think they can handle with the care it needs as like I said there is no right or wrong. The decision is left to the individual as they have to live with the consequences of their actions. They have to be able to justify their actions in their own mind. Yet I don't know if the writers can show that effectively from looking at their track record.
kushnia thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i dont think the roka promo was the right time to show this for no reason at all...
better not to make a statement like that until the situation really forces u to do so...i mean no choice but to choose one
loveleen12 thumbnail

I think it is a very difficult decision for Jeevika to make, but what I am saying is that it shouldn't be something that Jeevika says so casually. Right now at this point of time she doesn't know that Manvi needs a bone marrow transplant or that she might need to sacrifice her baby so how can she say that protecting Manvi is more important to her than protecting her baby.