India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Girls, Indian tv shows and elders

Falciparum Senior Member
Falciparum
Falciparum

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
I hope I can articulate all my thoughts in a cohesive manner as many of writers on this forum do. So here it goes:
Most protagonist girl characters in Indian tv shows are shown to be perfect without any flaws.  Even if they do cause trouble it is usually without any intent on their part ( khushi).  They are also perfectly obidient and follow what their elders say without question even if they don't like it.  My question is why is this so? What is wrong in having a character that is a flawed.  Especially, what can't we have a female character who questions some of the motives/ actions of the elders? I know it is Indian values to listen to elders and give them the respect they deserve.  However, when something is blatantly wrong why can't we have the female character question them?
The reason we all like Arnav's character is because he is flawed.  There are many perfect male characters on tv, but most protagonists are portrayed pretty much perfect.  It is Arnav's flaws that endears that character.  One of the reasons I loved Arnav's character was that in the initial episodes:
(1) When he fought with nani to be able to live as he wanted.  Wether you agree with him r not, at least he voiced his opinion.
(2) when he defended lavanya, when nani was being mean.
Anyway, I would live to see a female character like that:)

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Nik28anjaanichokriaira02OmkaRaman

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top