Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Nishita-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: shwetachauhan

Can I tell you how much I love the opening quote?? Immensely!! 😊 And those beautiful words just beneath the quote.. so made me think of these lines..

You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.

Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise.

~Maya Angelou~

Edited..

Deba.. I do understand your annoyance with the episode.. the repeated insults of just one kind.. it did seem forced and unnecessary! There can be many ways to show Daadi's instant dislike and ensuing insults to Khushi! Very true that it was an insult to both a woman, and 'servants'!
The very form of 'untouchability' that she was practicing made me cringe!!!

And if Daadi is seeing them all after 14 years, how come she chooses to assume who everyone is! Isnt she curious to know who the various members at the house are, who is Payal, NK? Only assumptions? Made on what basis? Appearance? Really? Or just because Khushi prefers simplicity over gaudy dresses and jewellery?

The thing is, ASR, Nani and Anjali may clarify the air tomorrow.. they may stand by her and support her but that wont change the fact that Khushi was assumed to be a servant on sight! That for me is the most irritating part, something I cant compromise with! So i dont even care if the cowards, Maami and Payal stood there silent, not opposing, not correcting! I dint even expect them to! As Daadi correctly said, some people can never change!!!

If this has a connection with the past track, will wait to see it unfold! As for Khushi confusing Manorama for a house help, it was purposeful too coz it was later shown that Manorama was actually a house help! And her loud appearance and crass language dint help much! Even ASR has used the same word for Khushi before, but it was clearly shown that he meant to insult!

Well, now keeping the dissatisfaction with this unnecessary insult aside, something tells me, this Daadi will end up being on Khushi's side!! She who has been shown as having an eye for detail and an inclination for all things 'shuddh', will see Khushi for the person she is, her purity, her innocence! And even if grudgingly, she will give her the due respect and acceptance! Today, she prises Khushi's hand away from her, doesnt let her even step into her room.. tomorrow, she will embrace her with open arms, welcoming her into her world, her 'khandaan'!

The moment when Khushi was shown tending to the flowers.. it was clear that the small scene was significant! She was nurturing with love and dedication, ASR's keenly protected and nourished world! This woman will tend to the whole 'chaman' that ASR has worked so hard to build up! Even if difficulties arise, she will bear it all with a smile on her face! And she will do it with 'haq'! Coz this is her world now!And she will guard it and care for it with all her heart!

Khushi's monologues were of much importance!! I could not dismiss her 'koi fark nahi padta' to Payal! It was another evidence of her anger, her discontent, her unhappiness of the kind of marriage she is in! She accepts why Maami doesnt clarify her status.. she is still waiting for a dignified restoration of her self repect and her status as a respectable daughter in law of the family! By none other than ASR! This sure hinted at a remarriage again!! 😊
"Jinse hum pyar karte hain, unhe jaante bhi nahi'.. Yes, there's a lot to know still! And its time my girl! And conversations help you know!
In any case, hold your breath and get acquainted with the past now!!

Loved Anjali's instant recognition and concern for Khushi on see her discomfiture and hurt, a reminder of the old days!! But her pleas to her Daadi to make things better for her again, tells of troubled time ahead!! Anjali's immense love for her Daadi and her Daadi's protective hand over her will sure create some new equations in the relationships!!
Loved the shot of Devi Maiyya when daadi left the mandir to go after Anjali! Devi maiyya is watching over Khushi and the entire drama.. a relief!!

The last scene, the placement of characters, intriguing! What happened 14 years ago will be relived again! We have waited long for the details of the 'unexplained' night! We might get to know soon! Arnav's expression on seeing his Daadi, the pain, the hurt.. interesting! Daadi's expression.. more interesting! And the precap.. maha interesting!! I am so waiting for the battles to begin!!

-I am so glad someone is here to keep Maami on her toes!! that woman needs some training for sure!! 😑

-Loved loved loved NK's 'who ijjjh??"!! πŸ˜† And the fact that only he objected as many times as he did to the insult to Khushi!

-Khushi has only been shown the 'hand' till now, and she is ready with her questionnaire for Daadi!! This girl I tell you!! πŸ˜†

-
Bal gopal.. another janamashtami celebration! Hmmm.. Correct time for Daadi to see Khushi's devotion and love for the kanha! 😳

-Naani and Daadi were best of friends?? Interesting again!

-Were the rosebuds without thorns? I dint notice!

PS: 'Subhadra' seemed significant enough to me too! And will wait for you to elaborate some more on the clock striking 12! Love the connections you made to it!

Loved your post Shwetu jaanπŸ‘πŸ‘ Brilliantly written...loved the poem. Highlights in red are what I loved...which as you can see is pretty much the entire post😳
@Blue highlights...interesting point. I would love it if Dadi extends an arm towards Khushi and takes her under her wing...Khushi is an angel anyways...she will win dadi over😊

hd75 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Hi dear...we have never interacted before. I am Nishita. It is very nice of you to share your personal experience. Thanks. Yes, it is very sad that such practices exist today...i have seen it with some of my relatives as well. When it comes to mindless age old customs, people seem to be still stuck in god knows which era...they havent moved on with time. I am happy that you have your husband's support and I really applaud him for that because in the society we live, not many men openly stand by their wives.

Coming to the tellyland, it is not completely wrong to show us a reflection of what is happening in our socitey...people should be made aware that such things still exist in India and this cruel inhuman behaviour should be eliminated. Isnt our rival show at the same timeslot also about practices that are prevalent in our society? Arent people watching it and asking for more? 
In Khushi's case, she would have spoken up...she doesnt need anybody's support. I completely agree with you here. When the future of her own marriage is still dangling in mid air then with what confidence can she tell Dadi that she is the bahu? What she needs at the moment is the reassurance from her husband. Remove the contract from their lives and promise each other happiness. Here I feel Mami had the authority to speak up. She maybe the bahu but has been the bahu for almost 25 years! I couldnt understand why she couldnt tell Dadi who Khushi was...moreover, Dadi is Arnav's father's mother who is nowhere related to Mami so why should she be so scared of her?πŸ˜• 

Hi ! I'm Harichandana. I am regular reader of everybody's posts at the Crooner, so in a sense, I kind of know all of you πŸ˜Š.

I am all for showing reality and making people realise what is plaguing our society. Though I don't watch the other show or any other serial for that matter, I can understand why the rival show is so popular, they not only highlight the reality, at the end of each episode, they also talk about how wrong it is. 

Coming to Mami, I think they made her keep quiet to give more impact to the scene when Arnavji walks out of the room to his wife's side and says "kahiye dadi" πŸ˜³.
--Nishita-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: mouramen

Congratulations Shwetha, Indranidi, Suba and Nishi...πŸ‘

edited:

Brilliant crooner is less said'πŸ‘

Fell in love from d first quote'.

Two elements women and servant:

Now what was that? Should I just overlook d whole segment as TRP garner'.typical SP kitchen drama'.and frm which angle does our KKG looks like one? Ok if working in your own house makes you one, or not being decked up as Christmas tree at home makes you one then it's a different issue.

I wanted to shout bravo when I read your reference to Ram and Shabri.

For me the yippie moment in d epi was Khushi nurturing the rose plant, planted by her husband, watering it, caressing d bud. Nanhi kali'rose standing for beauty, secret, lots of time referred in fairy tales as means of transformation, and its bud d symbol of innocence, d symbol of love in nascent stage.

Khushi's monologue: jisse hum itna pyaar karte hain'.unke bare mein hum thik se jante bhi nehi hain''bound to happen girl'such is his charishma.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰.her first acceptance of d paramount love she feels for Arnav'she just needs to be aware of what is in Arnav's mind'love is already there..they understood their magnitude of love when they were on d verge of losing each other..what made matters go wrong was d reference to d contract again on that satsang night.

Khushi is always ready to love, to learn to make others happy especially her Arnavji but she still doesn't know much about her husband..what pushed Arnav to resort to bring in d contract that night'why did he even mention that'Arnav d ocean is too deep'khushi has to dive in that ocean to figure out d actual reason behind his every tough talk'.

Arnav has already pronounced his love, his yearning for her hume bas Khushi chahiye..in pursuing that he is not going to leave any stone unturned...he wants khushi next to him...whatever it takes him to do that...he is not used to lose any deal...and he is confident that once Khushi is close to him he will win her back. As Priya says, he needs to denounce that contract to bring back Khushi's confidence ,her trust her faith in that institution called marriage'

Enter of d dragon ooops sorry dadi: severe case of talk to my hand syndrome

Dadi enters and gets a watersplashed welcome from Jhalli bahu.  I believe she is from old school of thoughts but untouchability and naukarlog ka aukat and naukarlog should not touch puja things..i guess CVs are walking on very thin lines'.will see where it leads to.

Janmashtami, Goverdhan, subhadra and time details: I always refer to Bal Gopal or baby Krishna as d god widely worshipped when ppl are expecting or want to have a baby specially'so a janmashtami celebration round d corner'.sorry my mind just went to visit those scenes last year. πŸ€ͺ

Krishna is also Goverdhandhari who is providing shelter to lot many ppl like ASR.

Suvadra I can relate to Arjuna's wife, more of Abhimanyu's mother who didn't knew to come out of Chakravyuh'I refer to d seven circles of Diya shown in Diwali'and somehow believe that our Arjun will be able to break through it.

Their past is going to spill a can of worms'however horrid it will be added with d re surfacing of Shyam'Arnav d purifier will bring an end to it.

for d time details and explanations am totally looking upto you...cant put much stress on my limited grey matter...πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›  

Manorama: I want an iron bartan for Mami's redemption and without lid'.she should not be able to come out of it. Pronto.

Isn't she too coming from a so called servant background? That's why probably dadi refuses to take milk from her too. the dadis and nanis of raizada and maliks should by now accept that all their boys from all generations are big time lover boys,,,,all incarnations of majnus and Ranjhas...

Nk: a true sakha, how you addressed him as sakha of phatti saree,'though his character is a little effeminate(sorry to use this word, but what I mean is a little soft character) but only he dared to speak in front of Dadi' he mustered d courage to say what is wrong'πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ 

U cant address d daughter in law as servant'actually to be honest which normal person refers to their maids as a naukar in front of them'.which class and upbringing Raizada are boasting of?

Payaal: strictly NA

Return of ASR: every action invites an equal reaction.πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Cant explain how much I screamed and jumped at d precap'.previously we have always seen how ASR always pulls up Khushi next to him'.but today he followed Dadi's gaze and took that step to stand next to Khushi'his wife'.we have discussed it time and again how Arnav has accepted her wholeheartedly'that's where tumhara haq hai mujhpe hain comes '..lets wait for a dabaang episode tonight with ASR back ground score'.

My today's kostin:

1.Why was Anjalidi's and Arnav reaction to their Dadi diametrically opposite?

2.Arnav knew where she was and even tried to bring her over and Anjali said they looked for her for so many years?????

3.How Dadi knew that Di is pregnant? We cant see that'😲😲

4. is Shyam behind this sudden appearance of Dadi?

5.Since when Payalia started getting important calls?????

p.s: my todays post looks like i have split personality...πŸ˜†

Anu, meri behana...absolutely loved your postπŸ‘. Highlighted in pink...loved your reference to the chakravyu..the one that Khushi had laid out in Diwali...will the battle against the evil (Shyaam) end this Diwali?
No dear, you dont sound like you have split personality...very valid points. I loved your questions. 
dennisdmenace thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: soni.b

aaj toh dadi ki tareef mein likhna hi padega!!!πŸ˜ƒ

O maa!!! abaar prothom!!!😲

hey priya sweetie!!!πŸ€—

absolutely fabulous crooner!!!! loved your rant and so agree with you...they really picked a very regressive way to show dadi being against khushi!!! loved the points u picked and their connection to the main story!!! i was intrigued by your title...but loved how u connected it to the story...brilliant!!!!πŸ‘πŸ‘

i don't know if i enjoyed the epi or not...yeah one of the rare instances where i am not sure how i felt abt the epi!!!!πŸ˜•

the epi begins with manorama mami pacing around totally in panic...NK and payal try to pacify her but the thought of dadi coming to RM is terrifying the daylights of mami!!!! mami finally tells them abt arnav's dadi and what kind of a person she is!!!! khushi on other hand tends to the plants and goes out to water the rest of the plants only to see a lizard and drop the bucket of water on a lady who was at the door!!!! Entry of Subhdra Mallick...Anjali and Arnav's dadi!!!

the scene which followed reminded me of the time arnav met khushi for the first time...then it was aukat...and now its naukar!!!!raizada bimaari

khushi-payal...the two sisters talk abt dadi...both were surprised that arnav dadi was still alive but living in an ashram...payal asks khushi to take milk for dadi and also tell her that khushi is wife of arnav!!!! one thing i loved abt the scene was khushi's effortless acknowlegment of her love for arnav to herself!!!!😳 she is worried that there is so much she doesn't know abt the man she loves...well knowing her inquisitive nature she will try to find out more abt him and his past!!!!😊no doubt about it...and in her quest for truth will stir lot many other secrets...

khushi goes to give milk...dadi doing her puja...khushi is shown the hand, the door shut on her face and the curtains pulled!!!! reminded me of the time arnav doing the same thing except of course pulling the curtains...agar pardah khich dega toh usse dekhega kaise???πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

the puja room scene irritated me😑...less said the better...ab toh ghar mein sirf shudhi hone wali hai...aur dadi ko sabse pehle arnav bitwa ki karwani chahiye...cause he is in constant touch with khushi!!! πŸ˜†πŸ˜† am still trying to figure out why did she think khushi as a servant...i mean the first time she met maybe but later???? πŸ˜•πŸ˜•another thing...not letting people finish their sentences...seems like both raizadas and mallicks have it in common...no wonder arnav never lets anybody complete their sentences...dono taraf se mila hai!!!!πŸ˜ƒ

dadi-anjali...well am not going to comment on the equation between dadi and anjali as of now but this much is understood that anjali is also dadi's fav...priya liked what u said abt the bhikre rishtey...she left them then to cope up with the situation on their but now she is back and will try to pick it up for them...well shyam's comeback to RM is absolute certainty now and have a feeling that dadi will be responsible for arnav-khushi's remarriage!!!! btw was glad to see despite all that has happened anjali could see that khushi was troubled abt something...guess all hope is not lost yet!!!

priya, dadi is a strong-willed, stubborn and opiniated woman and yet she decided to leave her grandchildren to defend for themselves and comes back 14 years later to make everything ok for them!!!!😲😲

well the last scene is still not complete will wait for it!!!!

precap...definitely looking forward to it!!!!

PS...Wishing Arnab a very Happy Birthday!!!!

@ soni, me in blue...
your Arnav's sudhdhikaran cracked me up...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
srirao thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
@ Beena,,loved ur post & those lines,,,even i am confused by their timeline,,,,i am thinking dadi's ref to daamadji was in general & not coz she knows him,,,,he is on screen for 1 min but that is what remains with us,,!!!!

@ Anu...gr8 write,,,loved it,,,,Khushi nurturing his roses is a sign of how things will be,,,agree with ur kostins,,,!!

@ Nishita ,,,@ Soni,,,loved ur take on the epi,,,,
baaki posts havent read ,,gotta go,,,,aajkal pressed for time,,,,bye
soni.b thumbnail
Originally posted by: hd75

Yesterday's episode was kind of shocking, disgusting for many, but for me it seemed a reflection of our society and as someone who has experienced that kind of behaviour, I could so relate to it. I don't know if we are allowed to write about personal experiences here but nevertheless, let me go ahead.

Mine is an inter-caste, love marriage, I married into an orthodox, upper caste family that still believes in the most regressive thoughts. In the initial days of our marriage, I had so many instances of people refusing to acknowledge my presence in the room, this after having a traditional wedding attended by everyone that mattered. Whenever we visited people's homes, they wouldn't even bother to give me a smile and they would only keep talking the others, not even a side glance towards me, one person didn't let me touch her feet and take blessings because she was doing her daily prayer ! I can't tell you how demeaning it was. I am a highly qualified professional, the kind of modern day woman that people talk about, yet, when it came to being accepted in the new family, I couldn't do much more than an average daughter-in-law. My in-laws are nice people but more like Payal or Mami, you could say, not bold enough to speak up before the elders in the family. 

There was one instance during a family function where I was asked to pick up the leftovers on the plantain leaves after the guests had eaten, it was the duty of the daugther-in-law it seems ! I believe in the dignity of labour and really didn't feel bad but when you look at it from an outsider point of view, of all the people there, I was asked to do it. Not only that, when all the high priests and men were eating, I wasn't allowed to touch the vessels they were being served in, in fact, I was very politely asked to stay outside. Thankfully, I was always prepared for this kind of treatment and made a joke out of it and laughed. 

As for servants, the less said the better, even to this day, in my in-laws place servants are not allowed inside prayer area and the kitchen. Everything is kept outside for them, if any leftovers are to be given to them, they are given in plastic covers, using plates and glasses are a big no-no. I don't live with my in-laws, the few times that I am there, I make sure I give the house-help their due respect. 

Where is my husband in the midst of all this? He has been the single, strong pillar behind me at every step. He doesn't visit people who don't give me my due, no matter how close they are, during the family function I mentioned earlier, he was almost in tears when he came to know what I was asked to do and refused to eat along with the guests and stayed up to eat with me in the end, in front of the whole crowd. He gives it back to people if they say anything offensive about me and tells me to give it back too and he would take care of the rest. Thanks to his unconditional support, 3 years later, nobody even dares to say a thing to me, especially when he is around and I have gained in confidence to show them their place and make my position known. 

How did I get this confidence to stand up for myself before everyone? The knowledge that I mean the world to my husband and he would stand by me no matter what.

Our dear Khushi unfortunately, still doesn't have that confidence about her position in her husband's life, she still has the sword of the contract hanging over her neck and she knows he loves her but is unsure of what her status will be at the end of the 7-8 days. Where would she get the confidence to stand up and proclaim her position in the family? This is what ASR was doing in the precap, right? Giving her the confidence to stand tall. 

Mami has always been looking for a chance to humiliate the Gupta sisters and she conveniently chose to keep quiet saying she couldn't speak up before Dadi, I am not surprised. It is like ragging in colleges, just because you have been subjected to ragging, you think it is only fair that you rag your juniors !

Bahus keeping quiet and taking rubbish heaped on them, family members not being bold enough to speak up, demeaning the word servant, yes, a lot of regressive points were shown in the episode yesterday and I am not justifying what was shown but it may not be too far from reality, a sad reality that is. 

I apologise if my post is out of place here but it did touch a chord somewhere and felt like sharing it. 

hi harichandana!!! hope i got ur name correct!!! thanks for sharing ur personal experience...though the world has advanced in every possible way but there are some things which still linger in our society and discrimination is the common one!!! i myself have never faced it but have seen it happening around with my friends and relatives!!!! glad that u had ur pillar of support cause not everyone is that lucky!!!
i absolutely agree with you abt khushi not having confidence in her marriage which actually is a contract marriage done to protect their respective siblings...as of today she does not doubt arnav's love for her but she is still not sure of her position in the family...that confidence arnav will give her...he has slowly started doing it...intially by telling her she has the right over him and will now extend those rights over his family too...making her the badi bahu of the raizada khandaan in true sense!!!
liked ur take on mami's behaviour!!!

riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
my Arnie baby was crying...sorry I am late but..joinin in ..😭
Divya1503 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: riti4u

me too crying with him from the time i saw the segment😭 πŸ˜­
dennisdmenace thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
and when they froze d moment jaise waqt thamsa gaya hain...😍[QUOTE=Divya1503]
Originally posted by: riti4u

me too crying with him from the time i saw the segment😭 πŸ˜­
[/QUOTE]
soni.b thumbnail
Originally posted by: mouramen

@ soni, me in blue...
your Arnav's sudhdhikaran cracked me up...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

mou...first agree abt khushi's quest ending in more skeletons tumbling out in open!!!! second if dadi ever knew how close her pota has been with the girl whom she considers a servant then shudhi karan will not be enough...god knows how many vidhi she would do to make her arnav beta shudh again!!!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†