Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Nishita-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: Omoraboti

Ladies!

I was reading a post by Ruby (Redwine) in DC and suddenly had this thought. I hope someone can clarify!

Is any wedding valid without witness in Hinduism? In Islam, it is not. So I was just thinking if there is any possibility to question  the validity of their wedding (even if the contract thing does not get exposed) since Arnav will declare there were no witnesses??

As far as I know, the fire (Agni) is the prime witness...thats why in Hindu weddings, we say Agni ko sakshi maankar ...etc etc. It is a legal wedding...now we have only seen him tying the mangalsutra and put sindoor on her. The saath phere is as important as the other two. Dont know if they took the pheres...if not, then the wedding is not complete.
Edited by --Nishita-- - 11 years ago
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Ladies!

I was reading a post by Ruby (Redwine) in DC and suddenly had this thought. I hope someone can clarify!

Is any wedding valid without witness in Hinduism? In Islam, it is not. So I was just thinking if there is any possibility to question  the validity of their wedding (even if the contract thing does not get exposed) since Arnav will declare there were no witnesses??

I think they must have registered their marriage too... I mean some kind of proof of their contract too... but I think in hinduism also... marriage tradition is done in presence of family or someone too...thats why marriage was incorporated to give a name to relation in front of whole society.. Societal acceptance of marriage is important otherwise I think society here too questions the credibility of it..
Divya1503 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3134305

I was abt to put this question in my post!!!!😲 n yeh lo mera first dose for today!!!🤣 🤣
riti4u thumbnail
Originally posted by: --Nishita--

As far as I know, the fire (Agni) is the prime witness...thats why in Hindu weddings, we say Agni ko sakshi maankar ...etc etc. It is a legal wedding...now we have only seen him tying the mangalsutra and put sindoor on her. The saath phere is as important as the other two. Dont know if they took the pheres...if not, then the wedding is not complete.

Hey Nishi...thats true only when we watch movies and show...😃..plain my POV but i guess society will not accept such marriage if it is done without any witness...otherwise if u see hindi movies they put sindoor and all accepted but Society does questions such a marriage...
Omoraboti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: Divya1503

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3134305

I was abt to put this question in my post!!!!😲 n yeh lo mera first dose for today!!!🤣 🤣

LOL .. i thought so too and chose to ignore ..it is IPK after all! 😛

Hello Divs!!! 🤗
Divya1503 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

LOL .. i thought so too and chose to ignore ..it is IPK after all! 😛

Hello Divs!!! 🤗

hello farha di!!!🤗 thats why even i dint mention it in mine!!!😆 😆
riti4u thumbnail
@all- marriage talks have interested me now... I have one kostein...what proof they have for their marriage... just they themselves... I mean logically no witness..no photograph taken...nothing..if sum1 questions it...how cn they prove that they are married?
beena14 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Priya updated my post on pg 1 🤗
Nandalala thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: riti4u

Hi Priya...just had little time today but cudnt resist cumin here... I agree with your thinking on regressive takes and showing woman and servant in that respect does irk you but I have different view on why it was necessary before that let me applaud you once again fr insightful take 👏..and always love your starting quote...

As for Dadi's behavior is concerned and treatment metted to story ,it was done with intent to show us what made up is Dadi of and it is necessary to show that to an extent to female protagonist as it serves two purpose- it wil give our hero a platform where he can fight for his wife's dignity and respect in house and secondly dadi can relate khushi with that past woman who was mentioned many times but not revealed yet...so her disliking will be more and will lead to revealation of past... Regarding Dadi's behavior towards word Servant ..well that is difference which shows what were malliks made of...yes it is some time too much to show it .. but it surfaces reality too that exists in certain parts of India.. With her behavior ,we cn establish how she must have either ruined her son's life with it..or her son wud have carried off those traits...
hope i made some sense with what I have written...😆..I am feeling like spokesperson for GH..😲

Rits, as always, a thought provoking post!  I agree with you in part about the female protagonist and this set up...it comes to what Suvi earlier had mentioned--the aabla naari syndrome...the wife here needing someone to defend her dignity and garner her respect, although in Khushi's case it is absolutely unnecessary because she is more than capable of defending herself...but anyway, I give this one to the soch nayi at SP.  

But what I don't get is why is Dadi relating Khushi with anyone without even knowing anything about her?  Seems a little premature.  She hasn't really spoken to anyone other than to Anjali, and all her other statements prior to Anjali's arrival have had to do with naukar, aukat and shuddhi!😕  So it seems quite deliberate on the CVs part to stuff this mentality down the audience's throat without much justification for it...Furthermore, Manorama's behavior today only condoned Dadi's words...and that is wrong on all levels!  Had she defended Khushi, I would have said that ok, this class & social distinction is just something to show the orthodox thought (yes, keeping with some parts of our country!) But here, the CVs are taking some liberties which I don't think is alright at this juncture...Just my 2 cents!
Omoraboti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: riti4u

Hey Nishi...thats true only when we watch movies and show...😃..plain my POV but i guess society will not accept such marriage if it is done without any witness...otherwise if u see hindi movies they put sindoor and all accepted but Society does questions such a marriage...

We were not shown whether they had taken the pheras .. and there was no priest even. I wonder .. Personally, I would like it this way .. I mean, others not knowing about the contract and thus their little secret remains with them. But then again, we get the wedding Khushi deserves .. I dont know! I am all confused!!!