India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Chikni Chamelis (9) (Page 24)

Sultan_Of_Swing IF-Sizzlerz
Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:49am | IP Logged
I dont think people of our age group realae to the Lamp show. As far as I know a lot of the over 40s love the show in india and it also has massive following in rural India which is where the story is based.

I currently have no shows that I'm following. is there anything worth seeing on TV?

I used to like Bade Ache in the beginning, Im a big ram and Sakshi fan. However Ekta killed it for me with all those vampish characters from Ram's family.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

boyznakameera30madmaxine

ExquisiteOrchid Goldie
ExquisiteOrchid
ExquisiteOrchid

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

Someone on the forum just told me I have no right to comment on the show or post in the forum because I havent watched the show in a month.

I officialy give up, I think convincing my boss to give me a hike will be easier than speaking sense to the phangirls.

pm me who was that person, or tell us here... we would like give our two cents worth...Angry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

meera30

joenet1234 IF-Dazzler
joenet1234
joenet1234

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:55am | IP Logged
I for the life of me can't stand the L&W show because there is nothing interesting BUT I can totally see how the general population might like it. It is everyday nothingness, no complexities, people bonding over food, what else does a desi aunty want? As a punjabi I know everything starts and ends with food, it is a curse!
Child bride - I'll shoot myself before I even watch 5 mins of the show. Have never watched it, didn't even know it existed until I came to IF.
IPK - Even on a bad day, you can generally find something in the show. Due to the kidnapping drag-fest, people have now lost patience. There have been good episodes in the last month, many in fact but the enthusiasm level is dwindling, maybe because people don't know what is next. Is there another leave around the corner or is the track going Didi Ki Saut? The show is its own biggest enemy for setting the bar too high.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

nonasiboyznakameera30madmaxineMentalExotica

meera30 IF-Rockerz
meera30
meera30

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 7:00am | IP Logged
Oh yeah L&W and Child Bride are EPIC with the mom generation.

My mother watches a load of crap on TV. As does my mother in law...So I get a lot of background noise most of the time, sometimes loud enough for me to get all frustrated and offer my logical criticism - Yep doesn't go well

But yeah, young India is a different ball game I guess

I converted my sister to an IPK fan and now she hates my guts!

Sigh!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ExquisiteOrchidboyznakamadmaxineMentalExoticaSultan_Of_Swing

madmaxine IF-Rockerz
madmaxine
madmaxine

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 7:11am | IP Logged
@Basanti: You haven't watched the show in more than a month? Shocked It's not that bad!  Also, I read that thread. All kinds of mud slinging on there. Where do you find the energy to engage with these people? Gives me a headache to even read the stuff they write, forget investing energy in writing a response. I have given up on getting people to understand the concept of free speech in this forum.  

Honestly, I find this whole TRP discussion pointless. I really don't give a friggity frak about the TRPs. I watch, drool/weep/throw things/ask kostins. Bas. The show that rules the roost appeals to a different demographic as you pointed out. That makes it a successful show. Not a watchable one. None of us here can stomach it. IPK on the other hand arouses extreme reactions from us because we actually like it. (At least, I do). I might call them out for pulling crap on us all the time, but I still enjoy it most of the time. The TRPs are like Exams in the Indian education system. They give us nightmares, make us sweat, don't really test our real capabilities and then screw our careers over by providing a sweeping judgement of our skills. In other words, horseshit. 

meera30MentalExoticaSultan_Of_Swing

madmaxine IF-Rockerz
madmaxine
madmaxine

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 7:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by meera30

Oh yeah L&W and Child Bride are EPIC with the mom generation.

My mother watches a load of crap on TV. As does my mother in law...So I get a lot of background noise most of the time, sometimes loud enough for me to get all frustrated and offer my logical criticism - Yep doesn't go well

But yeah, young India is a different ball game I guess

I converted my sister to an IPK fan and now she hates my guts!

Sigh!

My Mom watches on no soap on TV. And makes fun of me for watching IPK. Such is life. My mother thinks her daughter is a sad sack for watching a TV soap. Shouldn't be the other way around? Embarrassed

ExquisiteOrchidmeera30MentalExotica

Sultan_Of_Swing IF-Sizzlerz
Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 7:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by madmaxine

@Basanti: You haven't watched the show in more than a month? Shocked It's not that bad!  Also, I read that thread. All kinds of mud slinging on there. Where do you find the energy to engage with these people? Gives me a headache to even read the stuff they write, forget investing energy in writing a response. I have given up on getting people to understand the concept of free speech in this forum.  

Honestly, I find this whole TRP discussion pointless. I really don't give a friggity frak about the TRPs. I watch, drool/weep/throw things/ask kostins. Bas. The show that rules the roost appeals to a different demographic as you pointed out. That makes it a successful show. Not a watchable one. None of us here can stomach it. IPK on the other hand arouses extreme reactions from us because we actually like it. (At least, I do). I might call them out for pulling crap on us all the time, but I still enjoy it most of the time. The TRPs are like Exams in the Indian education system. They give us nightmares, make us sweat, don't really test our real capabilities and then screw our careers over by providing a sweeping judgement of our skills. In other words, horseshit. 

Maxine I was having lunch and have a long day today, so might as well have a little bit of fun. With topics like these, you should know when to get out of it before it gets too intense. Which is why I left a couple of pages ago.

Komal, this is the topic I'm referring to.
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3136910&TPN=17

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

madmaxine

MentalExotica IF-Rockerz
MentalExotica
MentalExotica

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 7:19am | IP Logged
I am here I am here

IPK rocks BAS

what you guys I am so hungryyy i need food

huff puff

*throws a fit on the CC*

*goes to get some salad bhel and tea*

my brother's only favorite scene from the show is *narrates dailogues*

ASR - yeh sab kya hai
Khushi - pritika ki shaadi hai 
ASR - pritika kaun
Khushi - Jiski shaadi hai
ASR- What?
Khushi - Pura boliye na What The 

Thats all he keeps telling me "pura boliye na what the"

I want to go see my chotte NOW

HUNGRY BLABBER

Edited by MentalExotica - 08 August 2012 at 7:19am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

joenet1234boyznakameera30madmaxine

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Chat Clubs Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index