Chat Clubs

India-Forums

   
Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Chikni Chamelis (9) (Page 129)

madmaxine IF-Rockerz
madmaxine
madmaxine

Joined: 03 November 2010
Posts: 6222

Posted: 15 August 2012 at 8:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by joenet1234

Originally posted by madmaxine

I have to say...ASR is a coward. For all his brazen machoness and arrogance..he's a dishrag. Man doesn't have the balls to come clean in front of his family. The only person who has anything to lose if he tells the whole truth now is himself. Di already knows her hubby's a scumbag. So, what goes his now? Tell the truth dammit! But no! Truth would involve putting himself out there. Facing the wrath of his family (sound familiar?), potentially facing the wrath of her family. But she would love him all the more for it, no? She's already forgiven him (or seems like it to me!). He would have to admit to doing shameful things. Mea culpas are hard. But the only path to leading a semi-normal, not-so-f**ked up life, it seems to me. He owes his family the truth. He owes his wife a huge apology. He owes himself a few prickles of guilt. Heck if it were for me, I'd be overdosing on anti-histaminics from the pruritis. 

OK..I just HAD to get that off my chest. So, I did. I am deliberately staying from the R-word. I hate it almost as much as I hate the C-word. 

Whew! 
I missed such an important conversation DAMMIT! you have to PM or Skype me when one of these rants come along. They are rare...
He is a coward indeed! but so are the CVs who cant' take a risk and actually not worry about the TRPs. If he would've fessed up, the story would end tomorrow and Dhaiyya Ho's entry would be useless LOL NOTHING justifies ASR's cowardice or anything else that he has done for that matter but it is an SP drama for the 8pm slot for the 8000 or so meters that provide revenue. Bas.
Same way, nothing justified the mudslinging that was flicked over Khushi yesterday. Dadi's character doesn't know shit about her and has just landed but why did Nani and Anjali stood like silent spectators? If ASR is to blame for his cowardice, so are Nani and Anjali for their convenient overlooking of the facts. Even if in their eyes their so-called method of wedding was wrong, it didn't call for a character assassination. A-holes and cowards like ASR get away with it because people like Dadi, Nani and Anjali exist in this world.

I hate myself for analyzing this stupid show. Nothing.Makes.Sense. NOTHING. 

Not ASR. Not Khushi. Not Anjali (she makes the least sense). Not The Hand. Not Nani. Nothing. Barring NK who is just a cute, little tub of lard. There are so many loose ends I am not surprised they have formed a dis-entagle-able knot. 

When The Hand was busy calling Khushi a wh**e, I am not surprised he said nothing. He's called her worse. When Buaji wanted to slap Khushi, I wanted to slap myself for watching this tripe. Why has no one asked them the all important question. 

WHY THE EFF DID YOU GUYS GET MARRIED IN THE FIRST PLACE? 

They are worried about the nuances of the wedding...who cares about the marriage..that's just incidental, no? If I hear the word pheras again today I might throw something. They said so many times yesterday and every time the image that flashed into my mind was the hangman's noose. (don't ask!) 

God, I don't know why I am so mad. I think it's because I have so much to do, and I am procrastinating. 

On the plus side...I finished my book on Monday...and will start another one today. 




The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ExquisiteOrchidjoenet1234meera30FairyLiquidSoapCravingKhana

FairyLiquidSoap IF-Sizzlerz
FairyLiquidSoap
FairyLiquidSoap

Joined: 26 November 2011
Posts: 13826

Posted: 15 August 2012 at 8:09am | IP Logged
the ph and cv's have made KKG the weakest link so if there is any loophole or points they have not covered explored or forgotten it can easily be written into her role
they crafted his ILU dammit so well and hers turned out to be such a damp squib almost like an after thought on their part
KKG's realization is what was eagerly awaited and if you blinked your eye it was gone poof like that
i watched it for 2 not either one and now none

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ExquisiteOrchidmeera30madmaxine

FairyLiquidSoap IF-Sizzlerz
FairyLiquidSoap
FairyLiquidSoap

Joined: 26 November 2011
Posts: 13826

Posted: 15 August 2012 at 8:13am | IP Logged
that DKS thread on arnav being a jerk got shut again
how can one claim to be a adjudicator when one also spends time playing the field in the same vicinity
 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

meera30

CravingKhana IF-Sizzlerz
CravingKhana
CravingKhana

Joined: 04 December 2011
Posts: 10412

Posted: 15 August 2012 at 8:14am | IP Logged
Maxine what book?
 
 
 
Ok so...on Tiya's recommendation and being kept up with cramps...i decided to watch (shock horror) something else on Indian telly...
 
that to SP...the Show Arjun...
 
but as u have it when the uninniciated try to search up things they get way layed...
so i came across shows that rang bells...all the lgiht and wick and the sister cancer...(thank u to my friends who took the time to explain the above to good ol dumb arse here)...
 
so yep going in watching something for the first time and picking the epi that last aired was not too difficult or callenging...(says alot)...
 
So my question...does SP just deem this as the season for kiss and make up...for that seems to be the slogan running thru all the shows right now...
 
or the three i peeked into

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

madmaxineFairyLiquidSoap

joenet1234 IF-Dazzler
joenet1234
joenet1234

Joined: 19 February 2012
Posts: 3279

Posted: 15 August 2012 at 8:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by serialjunkie

 
1. the payash story needs to be fleshed out more. they are serving no purpose. if you are akshay or deepali wont you worry about your next ot nothing screen presense? won't you be looking for alternate employment? 
 
2. why dont we see more of that? her unnatural attachment to Chote should be explored and addressed. Why can't someone in the house stand up and tell her, look your chote is married, time to cut the umbilicial chord. these things happen in familieis all the time. unnatural attachment to mother/sister and the wives pay for it. why not address that and show how a healthy relationship should be?

3. finally, not all things traditional are necessarily good. Elders in India have a sense of entitlement that they deserve respect and to be heard by default. but the truth is you have to earn your respect and be heard only when the youngsters seriously err. otherwise, i believe in letting the young make their own mistakes and as long as those are not going to be fatal, adults should allow them their space. 

4. i am not a ritualistic person - in that sense I am ASR. I dont believe a few pheras will make any difference if you dont believe in your basic duties inside. this is just another way to extend the story. if asr had revealed his truth, the guptas or rm or both would not allow this to contiue for long and ASR loses his standing. so they wont reveal it. in fact when he would be about to reveal it - khushi wills top him . 

5. in all this, one thing eludes me - what in the world did this ditzy blonde see in that nincompoop to fall in love with him? give me one good reason. yeah yeah his love is hidden inside but that we know she doesn't. so i am lead to believe khushi fell for cheap trinkets - the chana , the jalebi and the pear necklace. she is easy. 

SJ - brilliant take.
1. If future employment is dependent upon past record, they would need some sort of a meaty role in this story to score the next gig no? If they have nothing to show for their skills, how does one score the next job?
2. Agreed. Also, why not show her trying to figure out what the eff went wrong with her marriage before she is allowed to give a bhashan on 'properlies' to anyone else?
3. That is a concept very much evaded and foreign to South Asian part of the world. The generational gap doesn't make it easier either. While the new generation keeps on moving in a forward direction, the older seems to have gone backwards or have stayed where they are. It is a two way street and both parties have to meet in the middle. Harmony is often preached but seldom praticed.
4. Story extension and to bring the social drama for TRP. Nothing more to it.
5. She has a thing for polyester suits, unkempt hair, body odor and random outbursts without any rhyme or reason?


Edited by joenet1234 - 15 August 2012 at 8:29am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

meera30madmaxineFairyLiquidSoapserialjunkie

CravingKhana IF-Sizzlerz
CravingKhana
CravingKhana

Joined: 04 December 2011
Posts: 10412

Posted: 15 August 2012 at 8:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by FairyLiquidSoap

that DKS thread on arnav being a jerk got shut again
how can one claim to be a adjudicator when one also spends time playing the field in the same vicinity
 
My Kostin from bery long ago...
 
then againif they made me MOD...i would not have a clue...LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

FairyLiquidSoap

FairyLiquidSoap IF-Sizzlerz
FairyLiquidSoap
FairyLiquidSoap

Joined: 26 November 2011
Posts: 13826

Posted: 15 August 2012 at 8:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by joenet1234

Originally posted by serialjunkie

 
1. the payash story needs to be fleshed out more. they are serving no purpose. if you are akshay or deepali wont you worry about your next ot nothing screen presense? won't you be looking for alternate employment? 
 
2. why dont we see more of that? her unnatural attachment to Chote should be explored and addressed. Why can't someone in the house stand up and tell her, look your chote is married, time to cut the umbilicial chord. these things happen in familieis all the time. unnatural attachment to mother/sister and the wives pay for it. why not address that and show how a healthy relationship should be?

3. finally, not all things traditional are necessarily good. Elders in India have a sense of entitlement that they deserve respect and to be heard by default. but the truth is you have to earn your respect and be heard only when the youngsters seriously err. otherwise, i believe in letting the young make their own mistakes and as long as those are not going to be fatal, adults should allow them their space. 

4. i am not a ritualistic person - in that sense I am ASR. I dont believe a few pheras will make any difference if you dont believe in your basic duties inside. this is just another way to extend the story. if asr had revealed his truth, the guptas or rm or both would not allow this to contiue for long and ASR loses his standing. so they wont reveal it. in fact when he would be about to reveal it - khushi wills top him . 

5. in all this, one thing eludes me - what in the world did this ditzy blonde see in that nincompoop to fall in love with him? give me one good reason. yeah yeah his love is hidden inside but that we know she doesn't. so i am lead to believe khushi fell for cheap trinkets - the chana , the jalebi and the pear necklace. she is easy. 

SJ - brilliant take.
1. If future employment is dependent upon past record, they would need some sort of a meaty role in this story to score the next gig no? If they have nothing to show for their skills, how does one score the next job?
2. Agreed. Also, why not show her trying to figure out what the eff went wrong with her marriage before she is allowed to give a bhashan on 'properlies' to anyone else?
3. That is a concept very much evaded and foreign to South Asian part of the world. The generational gap doesn't make it easier either. While the new generation keeps on moving in a forward direction, the older seems to have gone backwards or have stayed where they are. It is a two way street and both parties have to meet in the middle. Harmony is often preached but seldom praticed.
4. Story extension and to bring the social drama for TRP. Nothing more to it.
5. She has thing for polyester suits, unkempt hair, body odor and random outbursts without a rhyme or reason?
ROFL gosh the phangurls would die if they read thisLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

serialjunkie

madmaxine IF-Rockerz
madmaxine
madmaxine

Joined: 03 November 2010
Posts: 6222

Posted: 15 August 2012 at 8:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by CravingKhana

Maxine what book?
 
 
 
Ok so...on Tiya's recommendation and being kept up with cramps...i decided to watch (shock horror) something else on Indian telly...
 
that to SP...the Show Arjun...
 
but as u have it when the uninniciated try to search up things they get way layed...
so i came across shows that rang bells...all the lgiht and wick and the sister cancer...(thank u to my friends who took the time to explain the above to good ol dumb arse here)...
 
so yep going in watching something for the first time and picking the epi that last aired was not too difficult or callenging...(says alot)...
 
So my question...does SP just deem this as the season for kiss and make up...for that seems to be the slogan running thru all the shows right now...
 
or the three i peeked into

I finished Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo. Highly recommended read, btw. 

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Chat Clubs Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index