Chikni Chamelis (9) - Page 19

Posted: 11 years ago
Maxine, my mom would dramatically go "Nahiii" if she read your critical analysis of L&W!! Hahaha!

Komalji - Morning!! Hows the day looking?

Kripa - You sound hopeful. That's a good sign :)
Originally posted by meera30

Maxine, my mom would dramatically go "Nahiii" if she read your critical analysis of L&W!! Hahaha!

Komalji - Morning!! Hows the day looking?

Kripa - You sound hopeful. That's a good sign :)

Meeraji am doing good so far...we had power cut last night.. so didnt ctach much sleep...

Kripaji... you sound good for you last few weeks...

Maxine ji how are u doing...

so focus is going to to be on their past... and their how and what happened between khusi and asr will be forgotten😕
Edited by ExquisiteOrchid - 11 years ago
Someone on the forum just told me I have no right to comment on the show or post in the forum because I havent watched the show in a month.

I officialy give up, I think convincing my boss to give me a hike will be easier than speaking sense to the phangirls.
Hi Komal..how are you? 

@Meera: See, when I was in India, I learnt this. Lots of women our Mom's age watch that Child Bride Show (I saw 2 epis while in India...and I can't for the life of me understand why!) And then they also watch L & W. As my good deed, I got my cousin hooked to IPK..she'd watch it with me. And every day she said at the end...that's it? Why do they end it so quickly? And we laughed together through every epi...she loved it. So, for me IPK is still head and shoulders above the rest, TRPs notwithstanding. 
I dont think people of our age group realae to the Lamp show. As far as I know a lot of the over 40s love the show in india and it also has massive following in rural India which is where the story is based.

I currently have no shows that I'm following. is there anything worth seeing on TV?

I used to like Bade Ache in the beginning, Im a big ram and Sakshi fan. However Ekta killed it for me with all those vampish characters from Ram's family.
Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

Someone on the forum just told me I have no right to comment on the show or post in the forum because I havent watched the show in a month.

I officialy give up, I think convincing my boss to give me a hike will be easier than speaking sense to the phangirls.

pm me who was that person, or tell us here... we would like give our two cents worth...😡
I for the life of me can't stand the L&W show because there is nothing interesting BUT I can totally see how the general population might like it. It is everyday nothingness, no complexities, people bonding over food, what else does a desi aunty want? As a punjabi I know everything starts and ends with food, it is a curse!
Child bride - I'll shoot myself before I even watch 5 mins of the show. Have never watched it, didn't even know it existed until I came to IF.
IPK - Even on a bad day, you can generally find something in the show. Due to the kidnapping drag-fest, people have now lost patience. There have been good episodes in the last month, many in fact but the enthusiasm level is dwindling, maybe because people don't know what is next. Is there another leave around the corner or is the track going Didi Ki Saut? The show is its own biggest enemy for setting the bar too high.
Oh yeah L&W and Child Bride are EPIC with the mom generation.

My mother watches a load of crap on TV. As does my mother in law...So I get a lot of background noise most of the time, sometimes loud enough for me to get all frustrated and offer my logical criticism - Yep doesn't go well

But yeah, young India is a different ball game I guess

I converted my sister to an IPK fan and now she hates my guts!

Sigh!
@Basanti: You haven't watched the show in more than a month? ðŸ˜² It's not that bad!  Also, I read that thread. All kinds of mud slinging on there. Where do you find the energy to engage with these people? Gives me a headache to even read the stuff they write, forget investing energy in writing a response. I have given up on getting people to understand the concept of free speech in this forum.  

Honestly, I find this whole TRP discussion pointless. I really don't give a friggity frak about the TRPs. I watch, drool/weep/throw things/ask kostins. Bas. The show that rules the roost appeals to a different demographic as you pointed out. That makes it a successful show. Not a watchable one. None of us here can stomach it. IPK on the other hand arouses extreme reactions from us because we actually like it. (At least, I do). I might call them out for pulling crap on us all the time, but I still enjoy it most of the time. The TRPs are like Exams in the Indian education system. They give us nightmares, make us sweat, don't really test our real capabilities and then screw our careers over by providing a sweeping judgement of our skills. In other words, horseshit. 

Originally posted by meera30

Oh yeah L&W and Child Bride are EPIC with the mom generation.

My mother watches a load of crap on TV. As does my mother in law...So I get a lot of background noise most of the time, sometimes loud enough for me to get all frustrated and offer my logical criticism - Yep doesn't go well

But yeah, young India is a different ball game I guess

I converted my sister to an IPK fan and now she hates my guts!

Sigh!

My Mom watches on no soap on TV. And makes fun of me for watching IPK. Such is life. My mother thinks her daughter is a sad sack for watching a TV soap. Shouldn't be the other way around? ðŸ˜³