Chikni Chamelis (9) - Page 17

Posted: 11 years ago
The Lamp and Wick show is actually made for the kind of audience SP targets, or at least attempts to target. Nobody in their right senses can tolerate it. It's just.. too slow. But, then again. Who am I to question someone's interests when I'm watching a show tentatively titled Didi Ki Saut myself?
Although it is still better than Akshara wala show. That show is just a saree/jewelry commercial, and hence the love all women have for it.

Hey Meeraji! Great! I just ordered AAA and now I'm so excited for movie day!

Edited by boyznaka - 11 years ago
OK. I hate Akshara wala serial because I hate the leads. I mean come on. When I see them romance, it makes me want to throw up. And the female lead ALWAYS cries!!! I mean, come on, woman!!

But (and here is what I hate to admit!)

The story is as real as a dramatic prime time soap can get. I have friends who deal with the same issues, people from tier 2 cities who do live lives like that. 

It breaks my heart but that's the bloody truth!!!!

4 years and running. HOW can you beat that!
I agree! And how can a guy be so sickeningly sweet? It's faraking weird.
Cry baby wife.. Too sweet husband..
Oh wait. I had an epiphany.

Akshara+ Naitik= Anjali+ Shyaam

Haven't seen a single complete episode so I have no idea what you're talking about there Meeraji. I just know the show's a drag fest because they had a 40-day Holi Special. And yes, by a Holi Special I mean they showed two days of Holi in those 40 episodes.
I can take anything over Lamp and Wick

faraking rigged TRPs 

I can't stand that show...

I love my Khoosie and Arnav babu however irritating they are at times..
Acha guys gym time I'll be back in a few hours

I hate afternoon gym but I got only that personal training slot 😭

Mentyji, learn my formula.

Khao piyo datke, mar jao phatke.
Hola Ladies😃
quick hello hi and bye bye disgusting day at work i am going cross eyed with all the data before me
trp 2.5 and why am I not surprised Gul has to really let go of her pride swallow her ego and accept this formula is not working except among silly girls too young to know about love and jaded married women escaping the travails of their own marital bed and life and i dont mean this sarcastically they are the 2.5 barely keeping the show
Sadly most of his fans are young enough to be his niece borderline daughter or old enough to be his aunt or mother while the rest live in some delusional paradise of ASR
Make the female strong and with some gumption and moral fiber you reach the target audiene I recently saw some episodes of BV because i was finding IPKKND boring and even i am impressed by the dignity and strength and am actually looking at the past episodes to find out more Am daunted by the idea of 1000 plus so doubt i will watch all unlike i did with IPKKND but they have managed to pique the interest in some one like me who assidously avoided indian soaps they must know their audience well
Chemistry and biology does not matter to the lay viewer drama and entertainment does and this sadly is lacking very sorely in IPKKND
i did not find the dadi grandson scenes powerful or dramatic found it enforced on the contrary i found the scenes between both the stalwart ladies magnificient👏 and alright that look by SI although i hate that adoring doormat she has become it was brilliantly emoted by her
else was regular drama and nothing to go gaga over like the forum went last night which brings met o the next question how many of them will feel like widows forsaken lovers when this show ends

Edit when I wrote married I did not mean disrespect to the lovely married ladies here but the fanatical BS one's  like they who will not be named for fear of wikileaks

Edited by FairyLiquidSoap - 11 years ago
Originally posted by MentalExotica

I can take anything over Lamp and Wick

faraking rigged TRPs 

I can't stand that show...

I love my Khoosie and Arnav babu however irritating they are at times..
i am a research analyst so sifting through data is one of my forte and from some of the stuff  i have been able to gather in my waste time about this show is that traditional India loves it
they have shown her fighting without compromising on her ideals and values and they are showing him torn not silent and at times sticking up for her without putting down his family Perfect balance which resonates with the intended audiende
bitter truth the viewers with clout love it there is continuity episode and story flow and no butchering of the character to suit the PH whims
and they are spot on in promos and exection of tracks
will i watch it hell no augh but as a case study for success well worth looking into
My mom laus the lamp & wick show, she swears by it. She feels that the female character stands for most Indian woman from rural India, silent strength, living in joint families but have their own individuality and try to change things slowly with approval from their family. So when women watch the show they aspire to be someone like the female protoagonist. I cant relate to it because I have always grown up to be treated as an equal in every relationship. So I'm not the audience for it.

She likes the dynamics of the husband and wife in the show- both understanding and supportive without being loud or over the top. Their romance is under stated.

Originally posted by FairyLiquidSoap

Hola Ladies😃
quick hello hi and bye bye disgusting day at work i am going cross eyed with all the data before me
trp 2.5 and why am I not surprised Gul has to really let go of her pride swallow her ego and accept this formula is not working except among silly girls too young to know about love and jaded married women escaping the travails of their own marital bed and life and i dont mean this sarcastically they are the 2.5 barely keeping the show
Sadly most of his fans are young enough to be his niece borderline daughter or old enough to be his aunt or mother while the rest live in some delusional paradise of ASR
Make the female strong and with some gumption and moral fiber you reach the target audiene I recently saw some episodes of BV because i was finding IPKKND boring and even i am impressed by the dignity and strength and am actually looking at the past episodes to find out more Am daunted by the idea of 1000 plus so doubt i will watch all unlike i did with IPKKND but they have managed to pique the interest in some one like me who assidously avoided indian soaps they must know their audience well
Chemistry and biology does not matter to the lay viewer drama and entertainment does and this sadly is lacking very sorely in IPKKND
i did not find the dadi grandson scenes powerful or dramatic found it enforced on the contrary i found the scenes between both the stalwart ladies magnificient👏 and alright that look by SI although i hate that adoring doormat she has become it was brilliantly emoted by her
else was regular drama and nothing to go gaga over like the forum went last night which brings met o the next question how many of them will feel like widows forsaken lovers when this show ends

Edit when I wrote married I did not mean disrespect to the lovely married ladies here but the fanatical BS one's  like they who will not be named for fear of wikileaks

Swathi, this just proves your theory.
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3137028