Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

DK: Hero of the Day !! (Page 2)

Ashlaika IF-Rockerz
Ashlaika
Ashlaika

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Jyothi,

Great post my dear. I do indeed love DK and I especially loved his reasoning today and how u have so accurately called his actions.

Point to note: I really enjoyed how even tho DK was frustrated at one point and you heard it in his tone and manner when he said " Im his father ..." around that part, even though he was frustrated and maybe even angry, he quickly gathered his wits and calmed down and continued with his persuasion (I can't call it discussion nor argument, for DK  was on a mission of his own, and that was to persuade Archu towards the truth of the ArVi Rishta). SO, Great job DK  and I will join Jyothi, Darlyne, Jenelle and everyone else in giving you a Clap.

In defense of Archana  and what you wrote Jyothi -  there is NEVER a good time to give that message... IF she had waited 10 mins to 10 days, I believe Ovi's reaction would have still been the same. And anyhow, When exactly is a GOOD TIME? We all saw how "waiting to tell Ovi the truth to protect her"  turned out when another secret was to be revealed... so really and truly, its good that she and everyone hears now - the sooner the better. If Archana had kept it to herself, that would only have made her more tense and she would still be blasted by the D clan later.

As for Ovi,
She needs to have enough respect for HERSELF and her family so as not to run behind a boy that has made it clear he is not in love with her. She should try to distance herself from that person as much as she can and focus on HER. You don't go around saying that "if I can't have him, no one else can".
That has moved from the point of love to obsession and her family is not supporting her as they should, they are coddling her.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Soapgirladittyabhimg--Jenelle--Darlynejdronamrajusunflower52sashashyam

un786 Groupbie
un786
un786

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
I am a little confused. Maybe someone can help clear my confustion.  I thought that Arjun got shot in the leg (that one I remember clearly).  He got shot a second time.  I thought that was also in the leg (that's why he fell down).  But when I saw him today, he had a bandage around his chest/shouldern area , but nothing around his leg as DK was tucking him in.  Did I miss something? Thanks

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jdronamrajuAshlaika

jdronamraju Goldie
jdronamraju
jdronamraju

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ashlaika

Jyothi,

Great post my dear. I do indeed love DK and I especially loved his reasoning today and how u have so accurately called his actions.

Point to note: I really enjoyed how even tho DK was frustrated at one point and you heard it in his tone and manner when he said " Im his father ..." around that part, even though he was frustrated and maybe even angry, he quickly gathered his wits and calmed down and continued with his persuasion (I can't call it discussion nor argument, for DK  was on a mission of his own, and that was to persuade Archu towards the truth of the ArVi Rishta). SO, Great job DK  and I will join Jyothi, Darlyne, Jenelle and everyone else in giving you a Clap.

In defense of Archana  and what you wrote Jyothi -  there is NEVER a good time to give that message... IF she had waited 10 mins to 10 days, I believe Ovi's reaction would have still been the same. And anyhow, When exactly is a GOOD TIME? We all saw how "waiting to tell Ovi the truth to protect her"  turned out when another secret was to be revealed... so really and truly, its good that she and everyone hears now - the sooner the better. If Archana had kept it to herself, that would only have made her more tense and she would still be blasted by the D clan later.

As for Ovi,
She needs to have enough respect for HERSELF and her family so as not to run behind a boy that has made it clear he is not in love with her. She should try to distance herself from that person as much as she can and focus on HER. You don't go around saying that "if I can't have him, no one else can".
That has moved from the point of love to obsession and her family is not supporting her as they should, they are coddling her.
Thanks,  Ash !!
YOu are absolutely right..when you say.
 We all saw how "waiting to tell Ovi the truth to protect her"  turned out when another secret was to be revealed...
we saw what a disaster it was for Arjun...He tried to do the same...
I think Ovi is beyond thinking about aspects like self-respect, pride or any kind of sensible thinking. She is just obsessed and in total self - denial and all those fools around her are harming her more than helping her. They will be the sole reason when she does something drastic either to herself or to Purvi.. I am more thinking of Purvi... I am amazed they dont see the self-destructive path she is on. Is that what family is for? To blindly support her no matter how wrong she is, at her own cost... What kind of parenting is that? I dont understand it at all..

Edited by jdronamraju - 06 August 2012 at 1:05pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

abhimgadittyDarlynesunflower52Ashlaikasashashyam

jdronamraju Goldie
jdronamraju
jdronamraju

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by un786

I am a little confused. Maybe someone can help clear my confustion.  I thought that Arjun got shot in the leg (that one I remember clearly).  He got shot a second time.  I thought that was also in the leg (that's why he fell down).  But when I saw him today, he had a bandage around his chest/shouldern area , but nothing around his leg as DK was tucking him in.  Did I miss something? Thanks
I was confused about it too on friday. I think the second time, he got shot in the back..because i remember when Purvi gets up from the ground and checks on Arjun, she touched his back and looked at her hand and started screaming .."arjun"..so, I am guessing he got hurt in the back...this is the best I can come up with..Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ashlaika

Ashlaika IF-Rockerz
Ashlaika
Ashlaika

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 1:15pm | IP Logged
I also wondered about the bandage around the chest.

In today's episode we all went singing DK's praises, defending Archu, being upset with Manav and wondering what else for Ovi before she realises she will self destruct.

But, 2 things we forgot. 1. Arjun wants to talk to Manav... is it about the kidnapping or Purvi? hmmm...

and Lastly, FOR PURVI!!!! Clap Clap Clap - That's for you - for thinking about the man you love, the man who risked his life for you, the man who made you HIS world and for being brave enough to ask your aai and aaji AND DK - If Arjun can stay with them until he is recovered!!!!

abhimgadittyjdronamrajuDarlynesunflower52sashashyam

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
Jyothi,

Congratulations on such an impeccable analysis. It could not have been more thorough, or more nuanced, with @red being an excellent example of the latter.

Your warm praise of DK is more than fully deserved, indeed, one can hardly praise him enough for what he did for Arjun and Purvi today. It is he, and he alone, who has saved them from a Trishanku type situation, neither here nor there. In fact,  these days,  DK   is the  perfect example of the deus ex machina, the one who can make the most unlikely things happen. Of course it would have been far better if he had not earlier tried his hand at making Ovi happy thru that most unfortunate phone call, but since his return to India, he has made up for that and more. Much, much more..

Today he rescues our lovebirds by handling Arjun's Nemesis, who, at that point, is far from giving in (she is, I suspect, afraid of a savage reaction from the Ds, and with justification, as it turns out) with ineffable grace and a gentle firmness that are admirable.

His tone is deliberately non-accusing, indeed the opposite. It is probably the latter that  stumps Archana . But when he brings in Aashana, and describes the Arjun-Purvi bond as another pavitra rishta   like that of Manav and Archana, to add emotional heft to what he says, and then again when he  asks Archana "How much more will you test him? ... I  am his father, and it affects me..." , and after an infinitesmal pause,  "Sorry" , his words hit right home like a hammer blow. Finally, the manner of his leaving , after addressing each of the three - Archana, Purvi and Sulochana- in  a style exactly and finely tailored to her and her alone, was superb.

One felt like standing up and clapping, as at a bravura performance, except that it was not  a performance. In PR, DK defines class like none other. His son has a lot to learn from him.

As for Ovi, what struck me was her ominous declaration that if she could not have Arjun, she would make sure no one else did either. If that means what it sounds like, either Arjun or Purvi or both had better start watching their back.

I do agree, Jyothi,that there is never a right time to bring out such an unpleasant truth, and the endless prevarications and pussyfooting by the Ds only make Ovi even worse. However, it is also true that this was not the best way for Archana to bring it out. NOT because of Ovi's mental and emotional state - there you are right -  but because it served no purpose , except to bring a storm of disapproval and abuse down on Archana's head, and set Manav even more firmly against the Arjun-Purvi union. He might have taken it better if it had been broken to him solo.

Well, Puru finally got a couple of lines, even if they were oft repeated ones. Someone was hoping that he would be the first to console Archana; that does not seem to be an imminent possiblity. Teju, well, Teju is probably afraid that if she softens even a wee bit, she will end up going all the way. And she does not WANT to give up and give in. Damodar seems to delight in playing Cassandra, in a voice of doom to match. It is significant that he seems to have NO notion, even 19 years late,  of telling Manav the truth about his beloved aai who, incidentally, seems to have recovered from her fleeting spasm of old world concern for Purvi's plight.

Sameer Rane is on the ball. I wonder if they will catch Krishna before Balan arrives in Mumbai. If they do, things will start moving for the police.

No, Arjun is not going to wait for his idol to smile on him before he  claims his Purvi. He has always seen Archana Aunty's (his term, not mine!) consent as the sole, and both necessary and sufficient condition for him to do this, and there is no reason for him to change this stand.

Shyamala

PS: Why did DK, otherwise so thorough,  not look into the matter of pyjamas for his convalescent boy, even if Purvi felt shy to flag the point? They were putting him to bed in tight jeans, which must the most uncomfortable bedwear, and cannot be expected to hasten his recovery!

Originally posted by jdronamraju

For me, the hero of the day is DK, definitely...!!

Granted that Archana has realised Arjun-Purvi's love, and is ready to accept it, but it is DK who is instrumental in her going down the path. If you think about it, even after knowing that Arjun has risked his life for Purvi, when Arjun says that he has to complete his sharth, Archana was mum, other than to agree to Purvi's plaintive request that Arjun stay in their house to recuperate. This does not in anyway say that she was ok with their relationship, it could have been more out of gratitude for Arjun rescuing Purvi.

DK's strategy to convice Archana was awesome !! I liked the way, he took the opportunity to talk to Archana, absolved her out of her guilt, that he understood why she did it but, NOW, that his son has achieved his goal, asked for the reward !! It was also a smart move that he told Archana  that Arjun and Purvi are wary of your reaction when she was puzzled as to why they did not tell her. That also made Archana take a pause !! Got her thinking really hard !! He did what Arjun would not do in this situation, told Archana the reality of Arjun's mehnat and what happened to it. DK did it all so decently, that one does not have a choice in that situation. This is how a father should be !! He acted only when his son really needed help. He has never hovered over him, coddled him, over protected him. He let his son choose his path to gain his love, but when the need arose, he rose up to the speak !! For that alone, kudos to DK from me today !! ClapClap

Credit to Archana, ofcourse, now that she knows the truth, that Arjun has earned what she has challenged him to, she went back in time, and realised that yes, Arjun does love Purvi, and what he feels for her is for real. But, the disappointing part is that she did not do it until she knew that he made the money. That irks me a little bit. That should not have mattered to her, saving her daughter should have been suffice alone. For Arjun, proving his point, yes, should matter. But, it should not have for Archana. But, well, all said and done, as long as she accepts it, I guess no complaints.

I applaud her not for this, but more for standing upto Ovi and telling her the reality. It was then that I thought she deserved my applause more. Even though, she did it for a few mins before dissolving into tears, she still did it. For that alone, kudos to Archana..She did what the rest of the lunatic family did not do for Ovi. Tell her the reality. That you cannot change your fate..So, here u go, Archana..Clap.

I just dont have words to describe my disgust at the rest of the D-family, the way they let Ovi go on and on...It is very puzzling that the family doesnt realize how ready she is for the loony bin...Pardon me, for saying so, I know that this is going to drive some forum members up the wall. What else do you call her rant?

What's with Manav? Why couldnt he just say, Arjun doesnt want you, instead of how can you still want to marry that guy??? What is this guy I wonder? Can he not see which path his daughter is going on? It is just ridiculous how they are encouraing her behavior...Teju, Sachin...aaah...dont even want to talk about them.. Why does Damodar say anything to Archana, if you cant say anything encouraging, just dont. He is just adding to her misery predicting doom... Such a lunatic family, I tell you...

The Precap, what was the expression on Arjun's face? Is he shocked or is he going to go all mahaan and say he needs Manav's approval? I  hope not, else I will go and shake the living day lights out of him..for sure...

BTW, very glad of the shift of Arjun's home Embarrassed... very convenient, dont you think?? Wink

Edited by sashashyam - 06 August 2012 at 1:45pm

abhimgadittyDarlynejdronamrajuAxiomAshlaika

un786 Groupbie
un786
un786

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 1:50pm | IP Logged
That is not fair.  I had my whole reply written and when I clicked post, it deleted it ALL saying that as a "newbi" I can't post a relpy that has a link in it!  That is ok, but why did it have to delete my whole reply!Cry

@ jdronamraju

I am really confused now.  I just went back and looked at the Pavitra Rishta Eposide 840 (2nd Aug. 2012) on youtube so see if he really was shot in the back.  If you look from 15:58-16:48, you can she Arjun getting shot and falling down.  But as Purvi is leaving he is holding his leg in agony.  Watch it and tell me what you think.  It is driving me crazy because I feel like I missed something major that day.  (I know that is silly of me, but it's a big Arvi moment!)

Thanks
jdronamraju Goldie
jdronamraju
jdronamraju

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 1:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sashashyam

Jyothi,

Congratulations on such an impeccable analysis. It could not have been more thorough, or more nuanced, with @red being an excellent example of the latter.

Your warm praise of DK is more than fully deserved, indeed, one can hardly praise him enough for what he did for Arjun and Purvi today. It is he, and he alone, who has saved them from a Trishanku type situation, neither here nor there. In fact,  these days,  DK   is the  perfect example of the deus ex machina, the one who can make the most unlikely things happen. Of course it would have been far better if he had not earlier tried his hand at making Ovi happy thru that most unfortunate phone call, but since his return to India, he has made up for that and more. Much, much more..

Today he rescues our lovebirds by handling Arjun's Nemesis, who, at that point, is far from giving in (she is, I suspect, afraid of a savage reaction from the Ds, and with justification, as it turns out) with ineffable grace and a gentle firmness that are admirable.

His tone is deliberately non-accusing, indeed the opposite. It is probably the latter that  stumps Archana . But when he brings in Aashana, and describes the Arjun-Purvi bond as another pavitra rishta   like that of Manav and Archana, to add emotional heft to what he says, and then again when he  asks Archana "How much more will you test him? ... I  am his father, and it affects me..." , and after an infinitesmal pause,  "Sorry" , his words hit right home like a hammer blow. Finally, the manner of his leaving , after addressing each of the three - Archana, Purvi and Sulochana- in  a style exactly and finely tailored to her and her alone, was superb.

One felt like standing up and clapping, as at a bravura performance, except that it was not  a performance. In PR, DK defines class like none other. His son has a lot to learn from him.

As for Ovi, what struck me was her ominous declaration that if she could not have Arjun, she would make sure no one else did either. If that means what it sounds like, either Arjun or Purvi or both had better start watching their back.

I do agree, Jyothi,that there is never a right time to bring out such an unpleasant truth, and the endless prevarications and pussyfooting by the Ds only make Ovi even worse. However, it is also true that this was not the best way for Archana to bring it out. NOT because of Ovi's mental and emotional state - there you are right -  but because it served no purpose , except to bring a storm of disapproval and abuse down on Archana's head, and set Manav even more firmly against the Arjun-Purvi union. He might have taken it better if it had been broken to him solo.

Well, Puru finally got a couple of lines, even if they were oft repeated ones. Someone was hoping that he would be the first to console Archana; that does not seem to be an imminent possiblity. Teju, well, Teju is probably afraid that if she softens even a wee bit, she will end up going all the way. And she does not WANT to give up and give in. Damodar seems to delight in playing Cassandra, in a voice of doom to match. It is significant that he seems to have NO notion, even 19 years late,  of telling Manav the truth about his beloved aai who, incidentally, seems to have recovered from her fleeting spasm of old world concern for Purvi's plight.

Sameer Rane is on the ball. I wonder if they will catch Krishna before Balan arrives in Mumbai. If they do, things will start moving for the police.

No, Arjun is not going to wait for his idol to smile on him before he  claims his Purvi. He has always seen Archana Aunty's (his term, not mine!) consent as the sole, and both necessary and sufficient condition for him to do this, and there is no reason for him to change this stand.

Shyamala

PS: Why did DK, otherwise so thorough,  not look into the matter of pyjamas for his convalescent boy, even if Purvi felt shy to flag the point? They were putting him to bed in tight jeans, which must the most uncomfortable bedwear, and cannot be expected to hasten his recovery!

Shyamala,
Glad you liked it. I couldnt resist writing this, as I was very impressed by DK today. He is the most sauve, intelligent, decent, mature and sensible person in PR today. Yes, he did make one mistake of telling Ovi that Arjun loves her. But, that alone did not contribute to her lunacy. ..She was bound to go that way anyway...If not for DK today, we would still be stuck at the same spot for god knows how long...He tackled the situation like a pro, winning Archana over first, before putting his case forward...Great Going !!

As far as Ovi, if she is not controlled soon, it will be Purvi who will bear the burnt of her anger for sure. You are right, Purvi better watch her back.. But, the sanskaari, that she is, it will not even strike her...so more story there for us..

I seem to like this Sameer Rane, seems an interesting and a promising character. I have him pegged for teju. Let us see how it goes...

Thanks for the reassurance about Arjun..who knows what this silly boy will do. I am just worried Purvi's sanskaaris have rubbed off of him, where she is getting to be bindaas about it..Smile..Moreover, he did ask to speak to Manav..Maybe just to apologise for coming in to the rescue even when he was told not to.

The @red was just too hilarious !!! ROFL.. Leave it to you, Shyamala, to bring that up... I am just ROFL almost ...cant do it at work though Big smile..

adittyabhimgDarlynesunflower52Ashlaikasashashyam

Go to top