Regarding today's episode!!! - Page 9

Posted: 11 years ago

Umi dear...so well said, loved every word...

Archu in doing justice to one girl shouldn't do injustice to the other...in this situation best thing for her to keep out and say she support none of her daughters in their bid for ArjunπŸ˜ƒ
[/QUOTE]

Jai...how would this be possible if ARVI is going to be reality. Archana as Purvi's mother has to say yes or no.   If she supports neither, then by definition Arjun and Purvi could never be together.  Is that what you think ? That Arjun should find someone completely different, and Purvi too?  It's a little late for that i think..πŸ˜•  Maybe i misunderstand your point.  

Going for coffee even though it's after 10pm...what am i thinking????
Originally posted by naava

Archu in doing justice to one girl shouldn't do injustice to the other...in this situation best thing for her to keep out and say she support none of her daughters in their bid for ArjunπŸ˜ƒ

Jai...how would this be possible if ARVI is going to be reality. Archana as Purvi's mother has to say yes or no.   If she supports neither, then by definition Arjun and Purvi could never be together.  Is that what you think ? That Arjun should find someone completely different, and Purvi too?  It's a little late for that i think..πŸ˜•  Maybe i misunderstand your point.  

[/QUOTE]

Naava dear you really need Coffee...I did not say that it was Kalapi dear re πŸ˜†..
As for me from my posts you would see my whole point is the circumstance at which Archu said to D's which did not come exactly right though she had good intentions and the entire blame went right back to her head...Archu and Ovi are both in emotional stress and both need each other..Bottomline get them locked in a room with no one to disturb..πŸ˜†
Originally posted by Jaishankar

(both Ovi n Archu are in a emotional mess )She is in total mess for sure..Both Archu n Ovi are in need of each other and best thing get them together with no disturbance...

Bottomline get them locked in a room with no one to disturb..πŸ˜†

Agree Jai both are in a Mess. Both of their situations are worse.Hope it gets better.
agree with the underlined.  Both of them need each other. And Either be it the mom consoling the daughter and comforting or the other way around, its good and good to see too.

But if only Cvs give a Chance.

May be your idea fits well.Locking them in the same room. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†. who knows without external disturbance, only two of them, archu as no one else to think of or worry about as she could see ovi only. May be in this way archu might give her full time for Ovi and make it up with Ovi.

and Ovi too doesnt Have anyone else ,so had to listen to archu or see her faceπŸ˜†.

so both had to bear the other and no other go, had to be the support of each other.

May be in this way they can reunite.

Not a Bad idea though...πŸ˜†

Ok, On a serious note,Jai 
I think if Cvs thought of sensibly, then archu can resurrect herself and actions even now.,
Its not that no one supports archu at deshmukhs.
If her actions were correct or sensible enough , not one sided ,then they do support her.

Could give two example situations.

a)When first archu came to know ArVi one, when arjun first told manav about this ,there was a Turmoil going in D's house and Ovi taunted or angirly lash at archu when archu says Arjun is not good for her, ovi asked ,oh, is he good for Purvi alone.
But archu put her points and thoughts forth, that from her viewpoint, he is not layak for anyone, 
one who decides for marriage with one and love other was not good.
She putforth her point corrcetly which made true sense too.

That time ,all D's , be it either Teju, Sachu or even Savita gave their silent support or nod accepting what archu said.

b)Then when Purvi was Kidnapped too,  seeing archu's condition, her stae, the reasons she stated for her turmoil, all D's understood it, again it includes Sachu,Teju and Savita.

c) even today it seems, savita aai told, you missed the opportunity given and Did nothing to make up with your daughters and that archu was foolish in her actions.
Even this would then be taken as firm and strictness in telling the bitter truth so that one can get on good path na.

So its not that the D's hate blindly. they do have their reasons and if logically,sensibly,correctly, not one -sided, anything is told or taken initiative from archu, they do support it is what I see.

So ,still archu have chance and time if she plans her acts accordingly.

Edited by umayal - 11 years ago

[/QUOTE]
Hi Naava..I wrote the post, so will answer you (you need coffee, if you are posting so lateπŸ˜†, man we are all addictsπŸ˜‰ - although, I am posting from workπŸ˜ƒ)...for a marriage to happen the mother's consent isn't a must...couple do marry without their parent consent, right??? Of course, Purvi could say she won't marry without Archu's consent...even then if I was the mom in similar situation, could have said - 'I donnot consent to your marriage nor marriage of Ovi with Arjun...if you marry, it is purely your decision without my support - because I side with none in this situation'.

Purvi and Arjun could still marry and Dk and Sulo does consent to their marriage...in reality too a lot of intercaste marriage do happen without parent consent - if this is your question...

And if they love each other, Purvi/Arjun can marry against anyone's wish, right...not a big thing - right...
Edited by Kalapi - 11 years ago
Kalapi, naava and the rest,

I don't think Archu even needs to keep out of it totally. If arjun and purvi need her consent to get married, she can give it now that she thinks it is right. I still don't understand why engagement and marriage right away though. They can very well wait for a few months and enjoy their time together now that archana has given her consent, without getting engaged or married. After all, even with their "true and deep" love, they've only know each other for a few months. And everybody has accepted arjun and purvi, even Ovi in a sense. She clearly told yesterday that arjun didn't even notice her when she went to see him in the hospital. The problem's not that nobody knows arjun and purvi love each other. The problem is that the love has come at the cost of their daughter's heartbreak which is still fresh. After all, it's only been little more than a month in the show's timeline since punni told ovi and everybody else about arjun and purvi. One can't expect the girl who has loved this guy since whenever she understood what love was, and who got engaged to him, with his consent to accept in a month that he was actually in love with her mother's other daughter. That's not fair in any sense.

Tough love may be required later, if she doesn't accept after some time has passed and she still hasn't accepted that arjun will not marry her. Right now, she just needs time and to know that her family is by her side. She doesn't need to know or see arjun and purvi's love story or them getting engaged and married, so soon after she was the one he was going to be married. She even said she and arjun would have been getting ready for their own marriage if her engagement hadn't broken. Arjun and purvi getting married right now and archana announcing in front of ovi that she would get them married is not tough love; it's clear preference given to purvi and rubbing salt in ovi's wounds. If archana really wanted to confront ovi with the truth; it should have been to acknowledge that Ovi did love arjun and that he didn't reciprocate it was bad, but that arjun never understood her love and he probably didn't deserve her. Instead, she told ovi that she's not god and archana herself is going to get arjun and purvi married. I can't see how that's the right thing to say in any way. Arjun may be the best person on earth, but you don't tell the person who's been ditched by him that he's a good guy so she's getting her other daughter purvi married to him. That's not tough love, that's not mothering, that's just being insensitive to ovi's pain.

Finally, I do think arjun and purvi should get married. I'm tired of their story and I hope they'll be out of the picture once they get their happy ending. But the engagement and marriage needs to be stalled for a reasonable amount of time to allow ovi and the deshmukhs get over her heartbreak. Not for years or anything, but a few months. In fact, engagements and marriages of one child do not happen immediately after another child's engagement has ended except under special circumstances; even if to completely different people. The situation here is much more complex with arjun being the guy in common. No way is that going to go well with anyone in the Deshmukh family irrespective of knowing the "truth" whatever that may be, especially so soon after Ovi's engagement broke!

Edit to add: Don't have the time to read all the posts, but I saw something I wanted to respond to. I don't remember which one exactly, so responding here. It was about how Ovi knew that arjun never loved her and that she would not be the first priority in his life from the beginning; and that it was her cross to bear. But she was also promised marriage by Arjun right? Where's his cross?
Edited by sowmya_jairam - 11 years ago
Originally posted by Kalapi

Hi Naava..I wrote the post, so will answer you (you need coffee, if you are posting so lateπŸ˜†, man we are all addictsπŸ˜‰ - although, I am posting from workπŸ˜ƒ)...for a marriage to happen the mother's consent isn't a must...couple do marry without their parent consent, right??? Of course, Purvi could say she won't marry without Archu's consent...even then if I was the mom in similar situation, could have said - 'I donnot consent to your marriage nor marriage of Ovi with Arjun...if you marry, it is purely your decision without my support - because I side with none in this situation'.

Purvi and Arjun could still marry and Dk and Sulo does consent to their marriage...in reality too a lot of intercaste marriage do happen without parent consent - if this is your question...

And if they love each other, Purvi/Arjun can marry against anyone's wish, right...not a big thing - right...
πŸ˜•  sorry...i was looking for Jai's quote sign too but couldn't find it...πŸ˜† now it all makes sense...btw i stayed home and made the coffee...half into my jammies ..didn't want to change...πŸ˜ƒ

Well, of course you are right...people (adults) can get married w/o parents consent...guess i was just thinking Archana... and of course i couldn't see that as a possibility with her and Purvi cause they are so close...it would break her heart even more to not participate in her wedding.  If they weren't right for each other it would be different of course but everyone knows they are right for each other...

coffee sometimes helps me sleep btw...πŸ˜†  and yes i am very addicted to the stuff. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Edited by naava - 11 years ago
Originally posted by sowmya_jairam

Kalapi, naava and the rest,

I don't think Archu even needs to keep out of it totally. If arjun and purvi need her consent to get married, she can give it now that she thinks it is right. I still don't understand why engagement and marriage right away though. They can very well wait for a few months and enjoy their time together now that archana has given her consent, without getting engaged or married. After all, even with their "true and deep" love, they've only know each other for a few months. And everybody has accepted arjun and purvi, even Ovi in a sense. She clearly told yesterday that arjun didn't even notice her when she went to see him in the hospital. The problem's not that nobody knows arjun and purvi love each other. The problem is that the love has come at the cost of their daughter's heartbreak which is still fresh. After all, it's only been little more than a month in the show's timeline since punni told ovi and everybody else about arjun and purvi. One can't expect the girl who has loved this guy since whenever she understood what love was, and who got engaged to him, with his consent to accept in a month that he was actually in love with her mother's other daughter. That's not fair in any sense.

The rush is to taste the forbidden fruitπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‰πŸ˜³πŸ€£

But on a serious note, I do strongly believe that Archana should keep out of as a mom...and I say after am in her shoe...her situation isn't the best and even in a picture perfect family setting, such triangles only spell trouble to me...I feel that after marriage Purvi will be in the most awkward situation with Ovi around, unless the Cvs plan to send Purvi/Ovi to TimbuktuπŸ˜‰ and Ovi will be again much more aggravated seeing the pair romancing arond, which is bound to happen. Unless of course, Ovi finds a nice guy and moves on with him...which I guess isn't happening...

Tough love may be required later, if she doesn't accept after some time has passed and she still hasn't accepted that arjun will not marry her. Right now, she just needs time and to know that her family is by her side. She doesn't need to know or see arjun and purvi's love story or them getting engaged and married, so soon after she was the one he was going to be married. She even said she and arjun would have been getting ready for their own marriage if her engagement hadn't broken. Arjun and purvi getting married right now and archana announcing in front of ovi that she would get them married is not tough love; it's clear preference given to purvi and rubbing salt in ovi's wounds. If archana really wanted to confront ovi with the truth; it should have been to acknowledge that Ovi did love arjun and that he didn't reciprocate it was bad, but that arjun never understood her love and he probably didn't deserve her. Instead, she told ovi that she's not god and archana herself is going to get arjun and purvi married. I can't see how that's the right thing to say in any way. Arjun may be the best person on earth, but you don't tell the person who's been ditched by him that he's a good guy so she's getting her other daughter purvi married to him. That's not tough love, that's not mothering, that's just being insensitive to ovi's pain.

Agreed, couldn't say it better
Finally, I do think arjun and purvi should get married. I'm tired of their story and I hope they'll be out of the picture once they get their happy ending. But the engagement and marriage needs to be stalled for a reasonable amount of time to allow ovi and the deshmukhs get over her heartbreak. Not for years or anything, but a few months. In fact, engagements and marriages of one child do not happen immediately after another child's engagement has ended except under special circumstances; even if to completely different people. The situation here is much more complex with arjun being the guy in common. No way is that going to go well with anyone in the Deshmukh family irrespective of knowing the "truth" whatever that may be, especially so soon after Ovi's engagement broke!
Yes, I agree on the above mentioned reasonπŸ˜‰, me too, if I might addπŸ˜ƒ, but to me if marriage happens, it has to be where Ovi wholeheartedly accept Arjun/Purvi and has moved on...In that sense, the girls then sort their differences and Auchu stays out...I feel this firmly as a mother, I say  it, if I put myself either in Purvi or Ovi shoes...of course, Purve here is getting the trophy, so she isn't at the recieving end and isn't bitter, but Ovi is going to witness the whole event...that is surely going to be a bitter pill for her to swallow (unless, she moved on with her life)...the Cvs could send Ovi to Canada or even kill the character (that can also be a way out, I guess) - in that case the equation shifts...but don't see that happening either, as it takes the masala out of the storyπŸ˜ƒ...

Edit to add:
Don't have the time to read all the posts, but I saw something I wanted to respond to. I don't remember which one exactly, so responding here. It was about how Ovi knew that arjun never loved her and that she would not be the first priority in his life from the beginning; and that it was her cross to bear. But she was also promised marriage by Arjun right? Where's his cross?
Exactly...and we do have successful arrange marriages tooπŸ˜‰
Sowmya dear, always good to read ur postπŸ‘
Today's epi proves what kind of a mother Archana really is. She is unfair to the core it is obvious that she favors Purvi well over Ovi. I liked it when Manav held out his hand signaling for her not to come in the room. Savita was right when she called Archana foolish and then Archana's response angered me. She thinks she has been unfair to Purvi and Arjun and been too caring for Ovi and Teju?😑 Chooses adopted daughter over biological daughters. This can be expected out of her and Sulo kept encouraging this! I hated the way Archana said that Arjun is a good person and all that. Did she suddenly forget what he did to Ovi and that he cheated her? She cares more about Arvi then Ovi? I hope Manav stands by Ovi. I can't believe Archana's cold behavior toward Ovi she thinks it's ok that Arjun cheated her and she accepts Arjun because he is good with Purvi only she doesn't care what he does to Ovi. And Sulo was just there grinning on at how Archu accepted Arvi's relationship. umi said it best Sulo does NOT guide Archu properly at all.

And what is with Archu always thinking that oh I am always right one day Teju/Ovi will realize that I made the right decision i naccepting Arvi relationship. She thinks she is always right and Archu and Sulo are both shameless Sulo doesn't care a bit for Ovi's pain she is just there for Purvi no one is there for Ovi.
Edited by bhallarox - 11 years ago
My dears,
You might find this post bit weird so bear with me πŸ˜†
Archu said "Me and Manav still love each other but cant get together and hence I was strict and lost faith in love" and then later again Archu said " Arvi relationship has told me that just coz my life did not work out why should Arvi not be happy."

This means Archu loves Manav and whatever it is now Manav has and will always love Archu..No matter whatever issue between them,the moment Archu gets into trouble he will be the first person to come and support her and thats him and I relate to that old Manav's trait.He will come for her when she is in trouble..When tomorrow something happens to her/Purvi/Sulo ,he will be there for her. There are various shades of love and certain love are such that they cannot be expressed nor mentioned and it makes one wonder what kind of love is this..But thats human emotions and it differs from person to person.I agree Manav is making things worse here but I can never agree that he does not love Archu.18 years has changed him for sure. Just as it made Archu loose faith in love to be strict with Arvi ,Manav has changed too but somewhere down there is that one instinct that makes him forget everything and rush to Archu when she in trouble.You cannot define that instinct or feeling to a specify name as I feel their souls are united as one and no matter how much they decide to part away or destiny separates them but fate keeps bringing them back together through their soul connection and I believe in that connection.
I want to believe in that my dears.I want to believe in that for the 3 years of my time I have given to this show.I want to believe that no matter what eventually love does win and I dont have go away believing that no matter what love does not have the power to win the impossible..I want the impossible turning possible for Arman for being their fan for 3 long years and been with them in their ups and downs.Its a test of my faith over Manav and I want to believe in my faith.
You might think about me as a emotional idiot with one of those impossible dreams but I for one would like to be that if in the end I get to see a victory of impossible over impossible..πŸ˜‰..

Well, been debating for a while whether to put forth my 5C worth of opinion, but after much thought I decided to'

Now, for Mom Archu can sacrifice and pull herself away from Purvi's wedding, even if it did break her heart to do it'this can only happen if she really cares as a Mom to Ovi and feels the need to show her support for that girl'Mom do such sacrifices all the time'the question, of course comes to whether Mom Archu will do it????

As for Purvi/Arjun being right for each other??? Am wondering how you concluded that?? Is it because Arjun earned the 10K, but that just manual labour, he was earning even before the challenge. Or is it, because of Arjun/Purvi's chemistry'.but the reality is that they are not couple in real life, so is only acting to create the romance (am sure both these actors could recreate the same chemistry with other future costars, it isn't an inborn in just this couple ' if it is am sorry that they will probably not have much career as heros, right????) , and acting extremely well, if I look around in the forum, but then are the other actors/actresses acting Ovi, Manav, Savita, Soham, Archana to just name a few'they are convincing in their portrayal too.

Now, again being right for each other. In truth and in reality, no one really knows whether a couple will make through, unless they do'I have seen, love marriages fall apart after a yr of marriage and also after 20 yrs in real life. Living together is a different ball game, right???? Besides, why can't Ovi be happy with Arjun, she can with her love and understanding could change Arjun too, can one definitely predict that this will not happen? In real life peopledto fall in love twice, after the loss of former husband/partner and move on. That could happen too, in case or Ovi/Arjun, right??? So, I fail to understand why are this couple right only???? The chemistry, I guess created by the actors doing what they do'act'