Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shalininaik thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: archverma10

Yes but he was not 2 timing anyone.  He agreed to commit to Ovi for the sake of her happiness...not his...when he was in Canada...and in fact, made it clear when he refused the first time that he did not love her like that...but only as a friend.

He did not plan on coming to India and falling in love...indeed both these 2 were at such loggerheads initially..the change in Arjun himself was so gradual.  Just like Teju herself said..."we cannot stop ourselves from falling in love with someone...and we cannot stop someone from loving us" When he realized he was in love with Purvi...and was in love for the first time in life period...
he immediately called Ovi to call off their engagement...and tried repeatedly many times after that as well.  He did not want to do something so serious via email...but wanted to at least have an actual phone conversation...in this case via phone considering she was in Canada...to inform her the truth.  As a matter of fact he tried this immediately upon realization of his own feelings...before Purvi even returned them...but solely on the basis of his own feelings he wanted to end it with Ovi...with or without Purvi's love in return.

So where does the 2 timing come into play?? He made a mistake in not going public right away...1) Due to his dad's instructions of not to do anything until he came back, and 2) Ovi's career being put on the line with that lawsuit...this seems to be the major thing...He didnt realize Ovi had risked her career...the one thing she could fall back on...to come to India to marry him.  He thought if he gets her career issues out of the way then she will have something to concentrate on and he can come out and confess the truth.  Which he was ready to do...at which point Purvi stopped him since Teju/Ovi had found out about Archana being their mother.

Ovi has to accept the fact that Arjun does not love her...and he clearly never did...she knows, he knows, entire Deshmukh clan knows that he did agree to marry her because it was what she wanted badly--not him.  As to the engagement...he didnt even know she was in India...he was put on the spot in public...in front of an entire ballroom full of people- family, friends, business associates, etc...and when he tried to rectify the situation...his dad informed him it was not the time or place.  He did, however, immediately afterwards, called DK on the carpet and tell him the truth...which is what he was supposed to do. 

He never loved Ovi...and that is a fact.  There were a bunch of twists and misunderstandings that got thrown in...and I will agree that he made some serious errors in judgement and some of his actions were just dumb.  However, his intentions were never wrong...which means we cannot point the finger at his character for this---period.  When Archana came to realize this...that he had never loved Ovi and loved Purvi all along...she realized the truth and acted accordingly. 

This whole coming between 2 daughters and favoring one kid over the other is ridiculous too.  There is nothing to favor!!! He doesnt love Ovi...he never did...so how can there be a question of favoritism here??? She is not choosing at all...the choice has already been made by the kids themselves.  Ovi is just too delusional to accept this.  You cannot force someone to love you...and Ovi needs to realize this.  Even history has proved this...you can own a person's body...but you can never own their heart and mind...that is their own and belongs to them.  It sucks and stinks that Arjun committed to Ovi though he did not love her...when his priorities and personalities were different...and before he even knew what love really is.  But Ovi knew she was going to get engaged and married to somebody who did not love her...and who even stated that she was not going to be his priority...that he was going to be devoted to his business first and not have any time for her...still she agreed...and so that is her cross.  You cannot backtrack and say he is supposed to love me now just because I bamboozled him into a surprise engagement!!!!!

Again, "God grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change.  Courage to change the things I can. And the wisdom to know the difference."  For her sake and everyone else's I hope she grows up and moves on soon.

hi Archu /,nirvanlove

Loved, what you said ...on the post...hey will miss india forum as  we  r leaving for india for vacation with a few days stay in dubai.  i am so fond of Rithwik and Asha..
any news i hear about Uttarkhand ...think of Asha and I am going to dubai will  be thinking or RD.
today i was upset on reading the Article ..on telly tadka about Arvi seperation /maarrige /ovi furture ..(don't know how far it is true)Archu, we all together should make a request to zee tv/CVs.
just little relaxed after reading the tweets on forum by RD. ITS ekta 's show anything can happen..

will be back soon..
naava thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Dabulls23

JS

It would have been better had Purvi be not Archana's daughter...Purvi being some random girl out there...It would not hurt Ovi so much or bit easier to get over the whole thing...But she lost her love to the girl who was adopted by the same mother who abandoned all her biological kids.

Varsha...the CV's wouldn't have a story if it were just some other girl.😆.and of course from my pov..all the "biological kids" were taken away from Archana by Manav and his mother.  I love Manav but he has destroyed a lot of lives imo 

ADD: If Archana feels no one understands her and cries buckets than how do u think Ovi feels? is it not fair for Ovi to claim no one understands her and her pain?  Do we see her crying buckets every chance she gets?  No do we dont...

We dont'??? Now, she is way beyond crying buckets Varsha. She's crying AND saying it's no business of theirs if Purvi is tortured by the kidnappers (it was almost her...in which case i guess she thinks it would be important).. She's saying she will marry Arjun whether he loves her or not or he won't marry anyone.  In other words she is not in touch with reality. And her mother was the only one caring enough to tell her the truth and not let her go on in her delusional state.  Ovi or Manav wouldn't allow her to actually comfort her so she had to do what was the next best thing for Ovi..to tell her the truth.
 So why we feel so much for Archana and her tears that she suffers but no one has a drop of empathy for Ovi...

Varsha, this just is not the case. I personally have written post after post, defending the heartache the Ovi must be feeling.  Saying we need to give her time...trying to put the viewers into her shoes.  Sympathizing and empathizing with her...and so have many others.  It's not right to state that no one has a drop of empathy and to generalize . I also don't like it when she is called names etc. but please recognize that countless of people on this forum have written in her favor.  

We want to ship her to mental assylum but the one who needs to go is the uncaring mother..It is not Ovi who has an obsession it is Archana who is obsessed with what she think is right...She should have stayed out of the whole issue...Instead of taking Purvi's side..No one can blame her than can they? But no I am always right and I will do what ever I want to and when I am asked or questioned I will cry buckets...😡  Seems to me that at this point this is a description of Ovi..except..if she is asked or questioned she will threaten and demand .  She is crossing a line and getting much worse instead of better...she is not healing because the people around her don't want to upset her by having her understand the reality.. and also because Arjun never sat down with her at the beginning as her best friend and assured her he wouln't abandon her as a friend.  He did, very wrongly, abandon her as a friend.  I think she's grieving that more than a lost lover - which he never was.   

Abt Damo whose brain has been fried due to having bewda for past 60+ yrs...He is going to tell Archana she is right and she has his support...Hmmm what has he done lately or for past 75 yrs of his life?? 3 kids and drinking tharra...Nothing more..He yet has not felt sad for Ovi's pain aur banne chala Archana ka pet...This man makes me sick..
Damo has a good heart but he doesn't do anything to help and had allowed much suffering on the part of everyone he claims to love by withholding the truth.  

Kalapi thumbnail

Jhanvi I feel sorry for Ovi too...there is no greater pain on earth than really deeply loving someone and not having them love you back.  Having to watch that same person love someone else is such a blow to your self esteem, self confidence, etc that is it indeed truly horrible.

However, that being said...Ovi is no saint here...and neither are these Deshmukhs.  I agree that Archana's timing was off...but arent you all forgetting something here??? This is the same crazy chic who told her father in the temple, in front of Archana's face, that Purvi's life being in danger wasnt their problem, and that he should not help her! When even her own grandmother, who hates Archana to the core, was able to show basic human decency and compassion...for the life and honor of a young girl...regardless of what her situation is and who she belongs to...Ovi proved herself to be utterly unfeeling...even almost evil if you ask me.  Then on top of that, instead of appreciating the hell Purvi has just been through...(which is ironic because we could actually argue that it all happened because of HER...meaning OVI...since she is the one who was supposed to be kidnapped in the first place)...she proceeds to blast her and say it is her fault!!! I saw the look on Archana's face when Ovi was saying these things...and I dont blame her one bit.
Not one bit.  It was shocked incredulousness...and I dont blame her for thinking Ovi has taken things far enough.  No amount of sensitivity, compassion, and care is working with Ovi...you give an inch she takes the whole yard...so it is indeed time for some tough love.

I don't understand why Purvi kidnapping will be her problem...seriously should she after coming to know Arjun/purvi relationship give Arjun to Purvi up in a platter...what is an expectation...she just don't care for Purvi...seriously will you care for the girl who takes you fiance/ engaged to be married/ love of your life??? man ..I am confused...She said Manav couldn't help Purvi...she didn't say that DK and Arjun can't...infact they are one who should since Purvi is going to be their bahu...

it is that she just doesn't care of the girl...nor want Manav, her dad to help Pruvi...Archu could help too...what she said is what she felt...and to me from her POV, she is right...

Archu was off in her timing thats true...and I will agree for that...but not at all in her final stance. Not one bit.  Ovi after all did not appreciate Archana's initial apprehension to Arjun, her challenge, or the fact that she herself was not ready to accept Purvi/Arjun...and had to watch Purvi's hurt eyes every time she visitd K house and Sulo...did Ovi appreciate it then?? Did Ovi have any decent thoughts for Archana then?? Did any of those idiot Deshmukhs?

Really, what was the Arch's challenge was for...Arjun had enough money already, he was hard working ...did not have substance abuse or was alcoholic...so what did the challenge to prove...to me nothing...it didn't change the fact that Arjun did lead both girls...the challenge was simply BS...doing nothing...Infact, Archu was happy when Ovi was marrying Arjun right...the challenge wasn't thrown then...it was only thrown when she found Arjun lead both girls...where Archu was absolutely right...but the challenge didn't prove anything on Arjun's character yet...so it is a BS of a challenge...my POV

Why then are we so hell bent on feeling sorry for Ovi? The sooner the girl gets over her delusion the better.  Why keep with a method that obviously doesnt work? Being nice to Ovi...especially in regards to Archana...doesnt work...because the girl doesnt get it.  She thinks that just because they are nice to her and respectful of her feelings...it gives her license to trample all over them and show such a chilling, evil cold-heartedness that we dont even see from Savita herself!!! And that too the woman who separated a mother/children for 18 years!

So, Ovi comes to India and find that Arjun is lost to her...bad Ovi you should have been jumping up and down with joy and give him up to Purvi on a golden platter,...Oh Ovi sooo selfish of you...I get it.😉

A young, beautiful girl in the hands of 4 goons...that too for a day and overnight is no joke guys.  That is about physical harm to a woman...and you all know what I am talking about...and that is where a line must be drawn.  Ovi's BS regarding this is absolutely intolerable...I dont care how heartbroken you are.  That you would be willing, in fact almost even hoping, to watch another human being endure this is heights...and I think Archu realized this in Ovi...hence the reaction.  She realized what Ovi is capable of...sometimes it is heartbreaking...but mothers do end up realizing things about their children...the negative things...far sooner than others.  And taking her to the hospital and comforting her was just enabling her delusions.  I dont blame Archu for being cold with Ovi now...not at all.

It is absolutely a serious situation...but sadly all I heard from Mom dear Archu is how she got the little girl as a baby and raise her up...and she is her life...nothing of what the goon can do...right, but of course Ovi should have done that...for the girl that took her 'life' as she herself put it in an esisode...bad girl Ovi😉

Edited by Kalapi - 11 years ago
Jaishankar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
You folks are having an awesome discussion...Continue folks..I am enjoying reading them...😉
LuvSSever thumbnail
Originally posted by: Jaishankar

No matter there is only and only person in the world who can bring back Archu's happiness and that one person is Manav. I just want Archu to see her smile again..Damn Arman have lost everything and nothing to smile in spite of having everything .

I so want now Arman get together for Ovi's sake.

Ovi needs her Aai and its a fact..Somehow if Archu gets to be with her ,without any disturbance things will turn around...

Jai, 

Totally agree with the above underlined and bold parts.
@Violet : Is the cent percent true part of ARMAN and the same I had always thought of .
Inspite of having everything, they  lost and doesnt have a reason to Smile or bit of happiness in their life.

They love each other, financial problem tho no, two wonderful twin daughters, a caring elder son in form of sachu and Had a cuite pie Younger son soham too. They would have made a wonderful family picture indeed yet they lost and have nothing now. Uff...

Its the same thought that comes to mind whenever I thought of archu.
Kool di used to tell the same when she writes, Though having everything at her Hand, having everything in her destiny/Doorstep still archu ends with No one and nothing due to the pendulum actions.

@Green : I so so wish it to happen. Hope that happens and I get some long long wish of seeing some motherly scenes of archu with her daughters.

@Brown :  I had came back and started watching PR only for that sake. Seeing ARMAN as parents and how their reunion with their Kids happens is what hooked me later though I have lost interest  in the show.
And so hooked to see how archu get along with her daughters and Sons. still wishing to see it one day if only these Cvs give such sort of scenes.

Edited by umayal - 11 years ago
Jaishankar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: umayal

Jai, 

Totally agree with the above underlined and bold parts.
@Violet : Is the cent percent true part of ARMAN and the same I had always thought of .
Inspite of having everything, they  lost and doesnt have a reason to Smile or bit of happiness in their life.

Its the same thought that comes to mind whenever I thought of archu.
Kool di used to tell the same when she writes, Though having everything at her Hand, having everything in her destiny/Doorstep still archu ends with No one and nothing due to the pendulum actions.

@Green : I so so wish it to happen. Hope that happens and I get some long long wish of seeing some motherly scenes of archu with her daughters.

@Brown :  I had came back and started watching PR only for that sake. Seeing ARMAN as parents and how their reunion with their Kids happens is what hooked me later though I have lost interest  in the show.
And so hooked to see how archu get along with her daughters and Sons. still wishing to see it one day if only these Cvs give such sort of scenes.

So true Umi all we can do is hope against hope I guess ðŸ˜†..At least now let Arman think and live for themselves meaning take decisions pertaining to themselves and their children and not worry about what others might feel..
Damn I just hope one day these 2 emotional fools get a chance from CV's to live a life which they thought once they could...I am fed up with the non-sense..
I am so waiting to see Archu - Ovi scenes..Best thing get them locked together in a room..Let them go all nuts ðŸ˜†
LuvSSever thumbnail

You folks are having an awesome discussion...Continue folks..I am enjoying reading them...😉

Jai ...This is not fair. ðŸ˜†

soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
However we slice it, the girl, Ovi is in need of help, heartbroken, yes, just cause for hating Purvi, yes but with all that said and done, the girl is delusional. 
No one however heartbroken would keep insisting the wedding is going to happen, even with facts staring at her face.  The guy per her own admission did not spare her a glance at the hospital, told in front of all that he loves another but this poor little young teenager persists in believing otherwise.  Poor child, she has been bereft of a mother's love for 18 years, the world is at fault for that, she has suffered and so has to be given everything she wants and needs, everyone needs to dance to her tune.  Arjun is a Ken doll that she believes is hers and so he must belong to her. Her dad, grandma and siblings instead of smacking some sense into her, keep cossetting her, encouraging her in these delusional beliefs.  So since she has been jilted, it is okay for her to beg her dad to refrain from trying to get the girl who is her adopted sister after all, back safe and sound.  It is okay just because she has been jilted to try every trick in the book to get the guy back.  "If I cannot have him, no one else can, I will make sure of that".  That sounded like an ominous threat, so if she puts Purvi's life in jeopardy, it is okay, it is understandable, Ovi is heartbroken and jilted, she loved this boy since she was 14 and so for that all should be forgiven. 
In life, nothing is fair, we don't have a sense of entitlement to stuff we cannot have, a promotion, a lifestyle, a guy you want.  For us to be looking at her solely from the perspective of a jilted girl and not hold her accountable to any standards of common human decency is just not right.  Sorry if this hurts some of you, just my take on Ovi.
Kalapi thumbnail

Yes but he was not 2 timing anyone.  He agreed to commit to Ovi for the sake of her happiness...not his...when he was in Canada...and in fact, made it clear when he refused the first time that he did not love her like that...but only as a friend.

Arjun absolutely was 2 timing both girls...He might not be in love, but did commit to marry ovi...Thsi might sound strange, but In India, there is something called arrange marriage and people marry with such arrangement and stay happy too...I am sure you will find members in the forum who are happily married after an arrange marriage of a similar sort...

The fact is, if he didn't come and meet Purvi, he could have married Ovi and could have been in all probability happily married too..

Of course, love can't be forced..but once he realized his love, he never even came clean with Purvi either...Purvi came to know on his engagement too. If I was Purvi, I couldn't have trusted him...In India, there are men who has married more than once in different cities, and will say because they love each all their wives...is that acceptable????

He never told anyone, nor his mentor Manav. He never even showed any guilty feeling nor a conscious battle with himself...how is this acceptable...DK was also wrong that he never came and told Manav (his friend and long associate) of this serious situation...they just lead Ovi on and on...if this isn't two timing, what is??? If this happens in real life to any one of us, will; we be cool???

He did not plan on coming to India and falling in love...indeed both these 2 were at such loggerheads initially..the change in Arjun himself was so gradual.  Just like Teju herself said..."we cannot stop ourselves from falling in love with someone...and we cannot stop someone from loving us" When he realized he was in love with Purvi...and was in love for the first time in life period...
he immediately called Ovi to call off their engagement...and tried repeatedly many times after that as well.  He did not want to do something so serious via email...but wanted to at least have an actual phone conversation...in this case via phone considering she was in Canada...to inform her the truth.  As a matter of fact he tried this immediately upon realization of his own feelings...before Purvi even returned them...but solely on the basis of his own feelings he wanted to end it with Ovi...with or without Purvi's love in return.

So where does the 2 timing come into play?? He made a mistake in not going public right away...1) Due to his dad's instructions of not to do anything until he came back, and 2) Ovi's career being put on the line with that lawsuit...this seems to be the major thing...He didnt realize Ovi had risked her career...the one thing she could fall back on...to come to India to marry him.  He thought if he gets her career issues out of the way then she will have something to concentrate on and he can come out and confess the truth.  Which he was ready to do...at which point Purvi stopped him since Teju/Ovi had found out about Archana being their mother.

To Manav and 'mom' Archu he did two timed the girls and just lead them on...I am a mom too and I have a girl...if I see that she dates a guy like Arjun, I will have a heart attack...Does Arjun knows for sure that he will not fall for anyone else??? To me, when Purvi the 'novelty' wears off, who knows what Arjun will be after???😉

Ovi has to accept the fact that Arjun does not love her...and he clearly never did...she knows, he knows, entire Deshmukh clan knows that he did agree to marry her because it was what she wanted badly--not him.  As to the engagement...he didnt even know she was in India...he was put on the spot in public...in front of an entire ballroom full of people- family, friends, business associates, etc...and when he tried to rectify the situation...his dad informed him it was not the time or place.  He did, however, immediately afterwards, called DK on the carpet and tell him the truth...which is what he was supposed to do. 

The beauty of Ovi's love is that she accepted him'as is'...what is the love that needs to change????Really, the truth is can someone change a person...Ovi jsut accepted Arjun the way he was..unconditionally...isn't that love, my dear??? Besides, does the pre-requisite of love is that the other person has to be in love too...I don't think so...

He never loved Ovi...and that is a fact.  There were a bunch of twists and misunderstandings that got thrown in...and I will agree that he made some serious errors in judgement and some of his actions were just dumb.  However, his intentions were never wrong...which means we cannot point the finger at his character for this---period.  When Archana came to realize this...that he had never loved Ovi and loved Purvi all along...she realized the truth and acted accordingly. 

This whole coming between 2 daughters and favoring one kid over the other is ridiculous too.  There is nothing to favor!!! He doesnt love Ovi...he never did...so how can there be a question of favoritism here??? She is not choosing at all...the choice has already been made by the kids themselves.  Ovi is just too delusional to accept this.  You cannot force someone to love you...and Ovi needs to realize this.  Even history has proved this...you can own a person's body...but you can never own their heart and mind...that is their own and belongs to them.  It sucks and stinks that Arjun committed to Ovi though he did not love her...when his priorities and personalities were different...and before he even knew what love really is.  But Ovi knew she was going to get engaged and married to somebody who did not love her...and who even stated that she was not going to be his priority...that he was going to be devoted to his business first and not have any time for her...still she agreed...and so that is her cross.  You cannot backtrack and say he is supposed to love me now just because I bamboozled him into a surprise engagement!!!!!

As a mom Archu is favouring one girl over the other...absolutely...ask any mother...in this situation Archu should have just stayed out and told them to sort their problem out with her blessing or her taking sides...mom's do it all the time dear...if you have siblings, I am sure you mom did it too.
Archu by supporting one over the other is igniting sibling rivalry...

If Archu left the situation for them to sort out, I am sure even then Arjun and Purvi could have married right??? Here, at least, mom consent isn't that needed or required...

Again, "God grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change.  Courage to change the things I can. And the wisdom to know the difference."  For her sake and everyone else's I hope she grows up and moves on soon.

Now, then why is the forum going gaga when we see that Ovi might get married to Arjun...as Archu said...no one can change destiny...it might be that Ovi's destiny is Arjun, even without his love...has happened in real and reel life too...SilsIla for example, if a Bollywood fan... Edited by Kalapi - 11 years ago
naava thumbnail

So true Umi all we can do is hope against hope I guess ðŸ˜†..At least now let Arman think and live for themselves meaning take decisions pertaining to themselves and their children and not worry about what others might feel..
Damn I just hope one day these 2 emotional fools get a chance from CV's to live a life which they thought once they could...I am fed up with the non-sense..
I am so waiting to see Archu - Ovi scenes..Best thing get them locked together in a room..Let them go all nuts ðŸ˜†

i really truly think Jai this would be the best thing ever...Remove Manav, Tej, Savita from the picture and let Archana and Ovi go at it... i am 100% positive they will emerge from the room, tears of emotion spent, but hugging and loving...  I really really think that Ovi knows deep down that Archana is right in everything she has said to her...not just recently either.  I think she knows Archana loves her a lot...she has startled her more than once with the truth...and i think she longs for Archana's arms around her comforting her...God i wish the cv's would show this backroom brawl...and then bawling...😆   ðŸ˜† 

I want to say something personal here...My stepdaughter in her rebellious teenage years told me later, "you were the only one who loved me enough to discipline me."  And believe you me, it was really really really hard at the time...i wasn't popular with anyone even though i gave much in listening and loving and understanding,  I was in fact the only one who said no, the only one who grounded her for some very rebellious behavior...But my (step)daughter straightened out and became a responsible young woman...and i cherished her words later when she told me that it was my caring enough to correct her that made the difference. 

I think it's the same with Ovi and her mother.