Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Serious question (Page 3)

Jayne IF-Dazzler
Jayne
Jayne

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by madmaxine

I rarely ask them, but I have one for yougaiz today. 

What's wrong with being domestic help man? I have often wished I had their skills. My food would taste better, my clothes would be less creased and my home would be cleaner. Much cleaner. 

FYI, this is not about Dadi. ASR has said/done far worse to her than what Dadi said/did today. This is about the general outrage...she compared Khushi to a servant type reaction. 

Any thoughts? 

Its the general class distinctions that's bred into us a(and them) since birth. Many countries of the British former-colonies fame share in this.

Horrible, but the practice is too prevalent and changing people's minds is not easy.

Jayne

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

ra123PashnanonasiJerryTheMousebhanganMentalExoticaboyznakameera30madmaxineEXPELLIARMUSKookiemonsterFairyLiquidSoapNewbiesoapfanOmNaMaSteOmRabba-Ve-Delena

MentalExotica IF-Rockerz
MentalExotica
MentalExotica

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 10:54am | IP Logged
Yaar I worship my house help and treat her almost like god... She's superwoman part 2

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

pdj_71ra123oceansseaJaynenonasiJerryTheMouseboyznakamadmaxineKookiemonsterFairyLiquidSoapNewbiesoapfanOmNaMaSteOmRabba-Ve-DelenaJohny.S.Raj

Jayne IF-Dazzler
Jayne
Jayne

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 10:55am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Dinarochka

Indian serials endorsing a digressive mentality. Why am I not surprised? Ouch

It's less about the regressive shit they show on TV and more about why people keep feeding into this shit cycle. I, for one would like to see the audience reject the very concept, not the story they are developing. 

Sister-cancer show's rich family has a bunch of servants, but they are more or less treated politely; though still essentially as strangers even if they have served the family for decades.
They are also liveried in matching uniforms. I wonder, is that for them, lest they forget they work there, or for the family, lest guests mistake them for family members?

Jayne

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

nonasiJerryTheMouseEXPELLIARMUSboyznakamadmaxineKookiemonsterFairyLiquidSoapNewbiesoapfanOmNaMaSteOmRabba-Ve-Delena

madmaxine IF-Rockerz
madmaxine
madmaxine

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by meera30

Res

Dignity of labor is a concept alien to many in South Asian nations.

And it stems from the fact that all human life is not considered equally sacred. 

Its a shame. Blame the caste system, blame the rich-poor divide, blame the apathy. Blame us all

For somewhere we still feed off of it. 

The inability for that servant to stand up and demand her/his right in a dignified manner due to lack of means and education or just due to social prejudice, adds to the problem.

Its a shame

And I am guilty of doing nothing about it.

Thanks, Vidhya. It's a question meant for people to think. And if one of us does better ourselves or by inspiring someone else, it will be a question worth its weight in gold!

Thanks for the response Meera. And I typed out a long personal response and deleted it 'cos it was too involved. 

The 60 year olds can't change the way they think. Surely the 20 year olds can please shirk off that sense of entitlement and smell the coffee. 

Edited by madmaxine - 06 August 2012 at 11:02am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

nonasiJayneEXPELLIARMUSJerryTheMouseboyznakameera30KookiemonsterFairyLiquidSoapRabba-Ve-Delena

Rabba-Ve-Delena IF-Sizzlerz
Rabba-Ve-Delena
Rabba-Ve-Delena

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:03am | IP Logged

I rarely ask them, but I have one for yougaiz today. 

What's wrong with being domestic help man? I have often wished I had their skills. My food would taste better, my clothes would be less creased and my home would be cleaner. Much cleaner. 

FYI, this is not about Dadi. ASR has said/done far worse to her than what Dadi said/did today. This is about the general outrage...she compared Khushi to a servant type reaction. 

Any thoughts? 

My thoughts, Manorama's personal revenge.
Wasn't it Mano's and Khushi's first meeting when Khushi also called her a servantLOL

It's a common MU issue in IPKKND.

Honestly, I know little about the system and how it works in South Asia but the way I see it.
It's the same as any employer-employee relationship.
A certain degree of mutual respect and responsibility should be afforded from both parties.

I mean ASR treats everyone like crap but I'd be outraged at his hypocrisy if for example he behaved one way with his office employees and another with HP/JP/OP because at the end of the day, yes the skills sets are vastly different but paid work is paid work and your dealing with human. Simple fact.

The issue is outdated and entrenched notions of how to treat servants, who are treated as lesser simply because "paid help" isn't a profession which comes with dignity in many peoples minds.

Edited by Rabba-Ve-Delena - 06 August 2012 at 7:53pm

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

PashnanonasiJayneEXPELLIARMUSJerryTheMousebhangan.Euphoria.boyznakameera30madmaxineKookiemonsterFairyLiquidSoap

bhangan IF-Rockerz
bhangan
bhangan

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Update pg 1

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

madmaxine

ExquisiteOrchid Goldie
ExquisiteOrchid
ExquisiteOrchid

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:05am | IP Logged
I could not relate to this at so many levels...

I have grandmom she is very religious but does not believe in all this crap. So its not about Dadi...

I think it just to show Ghari ki Bahu in worst possible way... Verbal ABUSE...

IPK have crossed many limits in past this is one of them, for me it does not make any sense, if later Dadi regrets and does all goody stuff for khusi...

But we are ranting about this more as it about main lead... this has been happening to Payal for long time... " Khun Bhari Tang" what is that? Nobody calls that... and what a spineless Akash is to let her mom call her that...

Such Characterization works very well if setting is in VILLAGE, does not work with AFFLUENT Families...

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

ra123HopeleslyInLoveJaynePashnanonasiJerryTheMouseEXPELLIARMUSboyznakameera30madmaxineFairyLiquidSoap

apoorvaarnav IF-Dazzler
apoorvaarnav
apoorvaarnav

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:07am | IP Logged
well in my house our domestic helpers are given high importance coz they clean vessels,clothes house etc and we cant even do one thing without getting back ache! 
we have to constanly manao our helps coz they have the upper hand and rightly so coz they deserve it!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

nonasiJerryTheMousemadmaxineFairyLiquidSoapRabba-Ve-Delena

Go to top