Dadi: the character!

Falciparum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
I know one of reasons for introducing the "dadi" character s to shw us that Arnav stands up for khushi..and probably also have the remarriage thing.  In fact, I can also see why Arnav s the way he is looking at his Dadi's behavior.  But, my main issue with the Dadi character is that they have made her a vile character.  In this day and age, where we openly talking about untouchability and oter issues..and hoping that the Indian society as a whole moves beyond that, I am feeling very sad that my favorite show has introduced a character that talks about doing "shuddhi" when a supposedly a servant as touched her or the pooja plate.  Really, I feel they could have made her negative character without reinforcing these bad stereotypes.  I agree that in real life there are many people like her..but I just feel there many shows on Indian tv that have characters lie her.  I just didn't think ipkknd would introduce a character like her.
Moving forward, I really hope that Khushi has te backbone totand up for herself..not leave it to Arnav o fight her battles.
This is not meant to be cv bashing..but really showing my immense disappointment at the turn of events.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Falciparum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
BTW, people are calling her female ASR.  I don't agree. ASR was arrogant ad had many vices.  But, as far as I know I don't think he behaved like dadi!