India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Dadi: the character!

Falciparum Senior Member
Falciparum
Falciparum

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 10:32am | IP Logged
I know one of reasons for introducing the "dadi" character s to shw us that Arnav stands up for khushi..and probably also have the remarriage thing.  In fact, I can also see why Arnav s the way he is looking at his Dadi's behavior.  But, my main issue with the Dadi character is that they have made her a vile character.  In this day and age, where we openly talking about untouchability and oter issues..and hoping that the Indian society as a whole moves beyond that, I am feeling very sad that my favorite show has introduced a character that talks about doing "shuddhi" when a supposedly a servant as touched her or the pooja plate.  Really, I feel they could have made her negative character without reinforcing these bad stereotypes.  I agree that in real life there are many people like her..but I just feel there many shows on Indian tv that have characters lie her.  I just didn't think ipkknd would introduce a character like her.
Moving forward, I really hope that Khushi has te backbone totand up for herself..not leave it to Arnav o fight her battles.
This is not meant to be cv bashing..but really showing my immense disappointment at the turn of events.

Falciparum Senior Member
Falciparum
Falciparum

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 10:35am | IP Logged
BTW, people are calling her female ASR.  I don't agree. ASR was arrogant ad had many vices.  But, as far as I know I don't think he behaved like dadi!

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top