Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Director' Cut : 6th August, 2012 (Page 17)

redwine1 IF-Rockerz
redwine1
redwine1

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:48am | IP Logged
LOL
Originally posted by ArabellaPearl

Originally posted by redwine1

FRIENDS .. THIS IS A PIECE FROM OUR VERY OWN                    RESIDENT FAIRY GIRL .. RUPUNZALE 

I am completely guilty here of Plagiarism .. but when she ( PRIYA - RUPUNZALE)  shared this with me .. I wanted to be the one to BRING this piece out .. What touched me in this BEAUTIFUL VERSE she has penned is ... the POSITIVITY IN THE MESSAGE .. on a day .. when we have already once again .. made assumptions on a character .. 

The one thing a person lives for & spends his Life is RESPECT .. & the one thing we all work hard for in our life to HOLD ON TO is RESPECT .. BUT the one thing which is MOST FRAGILE .. & CAN BREAK away anytime is RESPECT ..

Guys please .. read .. & ENJOY .. a truly meaningful READ ... 

RUPUNZALE'S VERSE .. ( PRIYA ... Hug)

If we cannot respect another
How can we expect them to respect us

If we cannot respect someone's beliefs
How can we expect them to respect ours
If we cannot respect another's race
How can we expect that race to respect us
If we can not respect others
How can we expect respect in return

Everyone expects respect
No matter who they are
The only way to gain it 
Is to start treating everyone
As a friend, a brother, a sister
As part of our extended family
No matter what color or creed they are
Only then you will start to get
The respect you so dearly crave

Respect your elders all if they deserve; 
Respect your servants too who you well serve

Respect your conscience which tells you what's right; 
Respect a human just for the sake of humanity. 

Priya .. Bow humbly to you . for such pure thots .. 

TO ALL my DEAR FRIENDS AT DC .. & else where in the FORUM .. thank you .. guys .. for being there .. it means a lot ... 

Loved priya's take on it too !!! the one's u' ve quoted !!!!

btw u r one of the reasons for me visiting the IF regularly !! loving DC too much Wink ...

sooo Thank U Winey Embarrassed !!

nd cheers !!! love sallu tooo Day Dreaming

wasnt Priya just amazing .. so loved her poem . that must say selfiishly hogged it on my post .. 

cud never write so wonderfully .. 

Awww love thank you so much for ur words .. really it means the world to all of us .. & specially to me ..beleive me there are times i just dont feel like wrting .. & u guys .. the quiet encouragement u provide makes me push myself .. to come out of my shell .. so thank you for this .. writing is a passion .. & the encouragement i get here .. is making me celebrate my passion 

U guys r bascially making lazy ole bones .. work .. LOL

Ok Bella .. lets be clear on Sallu .. its not love .. ITS PURE LUST Wink for me LOLLOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

GirlOfFireLizzy2012IllGetOverIpkBeautyForAshes

BeautyForAshes IF-Sizzlerz
BeautyForAshes
BeautyForAshes

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lizzy2012

Originally posted by ArabellaPearl

Times change ,Places change,Lifestyles changes too..but redundant practises and outdated rituals don't.. 

THREE BAHUS OF RAIZADA  HOUSE_that is the TALE OF HELLO HI BYE BYE,KHOON BARI TAANG AND PHAATI SAADI

is it only Dadi who treats mama so..?no ...do you remember another person who treats mami so ..yes u are right ,,Nani..isn't it?so what has this turned mano mami into..the acerbic, she was earlier but insecure,class conscious ,trying to adapt to the high society unsuccessful manorma raizada..

the constant taunts about khoon bari taang really injured the girl so much so that she couldn't even defend her sister who was called the servant of the household..only thing she could was to console and empathise with her sister in private..

khushi already feels an outsider at her home..

..so here  comes ASR to the rescue...The precap has set a stage now..set a stage where by ASR starts to set this inequality to rights..so ASR does the right by correcting the wrong..by standing with his wife..not only for his wife but for the other DILs in the house who have been treated so...what do we infer from that ...the juggernaut  of KKG to KASR  has stopped at another station..to correct another wrong..this will continue until ASR corrects the mistakes one by one..giving his khushi the status and dignity attached to being his wife,to being the elder DIL of the raizada house..

it was lovely reading ur post Lizzy !! nice thoughts on the Raizada bahus ... specially mami who has failed miserably in succeeding to be one Thumbs Up ...

thanks pearl..IPK is a unique show by itself..so the bahus were not portrayed as the usual bahus of the tellydom but the change in the treatment seemed superficial to me..now with arnav jumping in to the fray..hope the treatment matches with star's tagline.rishta wohi soch nayi

Agree completely ... rishta wohi soch nayiThumbs Up ... guess after reading DC i ve just quit commenting on random posts in the ipk Forum ... it just seems like the usual shocks n after reactions .. blindly on one topic if u know wt i mean ...or just to climb up the IF ladder soon [dazzler,sparkler r whatevaWink ] ... giving meaningful comments/strong discussions abt our most loved show is kinda missin ain't it ??? ...love u guys [each one of u ] 4 this Hug

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

GirlOfFireLizzy2012redwine1

Omoraboti IF-Sizzlerz
Omoraboti
Omoraboti

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:52am | IP Logged

YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED TO YET ANOTHER MUH DIKHAYI CEREMONY OF KHUSHI KUMARI GUPTA ( YES STILL ) SINGH RAIZADA .. 

Ruby!

Loved how you connected the Muh Dikhayis .. so there lies the problem. That day the guests were perhaps insensible but their questions were valid. Now, Daadi thinking her a servant was a bit way too much .. but has Khushi ever been properly introduced as the Raizada Bahu to her? The contract marriage still hangs over their head .. no matter how much they think it is not important. I have a question .. is any wedding valid without witness? In Islam, it is not. So I just thinking if any question will be raised about the validity of their wedding (even if the contract things do not get exposed) since Arnav will declare there were no witnesses??

Loved your take on the rose - it is different from mine but makes a lot of sense. Smile

Why Payal stays mum is a question mark to me too! NK supports Khushi better at times .. Confused

I too have the same pointers as you do .. have been questioning on these in my last couple of posts.

meghavnGirlOfFireLizzy2012redwine1

Lizzy2012 IF-Rockerz
Lizzy2012
Lizzy2012

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Omoraboti

IPK with a dose of DADI SAAS drama..

Hi Lizzy!!

First of all, I have been following your posts for a week or so but I am just lazy at commenting. Embarrassed Please accept my appreciation for the wonderful job you are doing here..

Now, yours is the only take I have read in IF that echoed mine views on the Raizada Bahus. This is the exact term I used to briefly touch upon what's up with these 3 women in my post in the last crooner and in fact, I have wrote a bit about it today also. Fabulous job you have done there .. I just tried to make my point but you have explained it wonderfully!!! Clap

The only thing I will need to remember the next time is, to Daadi, Khushi will be a Malik Bahu! I tend to forget .. Arnav is not a Raizada after all! D'ohBut then again .. Nani & Daadi are best buddies and perhaps share some common mindsets .. cant forget how Naani sometimes taunt Manorama! Tongue

Thanks farahBig smile,
I should say it is a mutual admiration club here..though i don't comment on the crooner.due to time constraints..i follow the posts there regularly and yours in particular.. seems i have found another thought sister..Big smile...

you what bugged me yesterday the first time i saw the episode. is that IPK  being a unique show by itself.. the bahus were not portrayed as the usual bahus of the tellydom but the change in the treatment seemed superficial to me...then i thought why am i even going that route..when this track is all about arnav giving back  the status and dignity of a wife and a DIL to khushi back..so will wait and watch for star to justify its tagline

You are right about Dadi and Nani..two flowers of the same plant..only marginal differences in thought process. that too because Nani has brought them up and Dadi stayed in the ashram..You are also right about khushi being a Malik bahu rather than a raizadaTongue..but for all practical purposes arnav is a malik in the cloak of raizadaTongue...

haven't read your post at the crooner today..but will comment on it when i read Big smilepleasure to read somebody who echoes your own thought

meghavnGirlOfFireredwine1Omoraboti

redwine1 IF-Rockerz
redwine1
redwine1

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 1:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sampin

"The past lies upon the present like a giant's dead body."- 

Nathaniel Hawthorne " The House of Seven Gables"

A Monday episode without dreamboat ASR to begin with'anticipations galore for a new entry'an Arshiless episode to kickstart another week and to top it off'not so impressive trp's'I can just imagine  the CVs' plight while designing today's episode..And no flim-flam'it was indeed an interesting episode'and if we try to extend our definition of "interesting"beyond the scintillating Arhi scenes'we'll definitely realize that today's episode heralded a new beginning in the lives of our "star-crossed"lovers'

The fan girls have had a field day discussing how this new entry aka Arnav's Dadi..Subhadra Devi will turn out to be throughout the never-ending weekend!!And to be honest..I didn't have any multitudinous expectations from  this woman'But today from the first scene to the last scene(Of course before that precap)she boiled my blood'Or I'm a little wrong ..Her characterization rather didn't go down well with me'.The first watch was a disaster but on a second watch'I kind of could grasp what the makers wanted to convey'.

Maliks Vs Raizadas'

The countdown has begun'the bugle has been blown'No am not talking about a war here'Okay..till today..we have seen only two Maliks in this show..Arnav and Anjali'though legally no more Maliks'.and hence we've always assumed them to be Raizadas'But after today's episode'we probably opened a new leaf in the book of life of the Raizada siblings'Daadi begins her taunt with "aukat"'If we go back to the very first episodes'we saw  such similar berating comments'thrown towards Khushi by none other than her beloved Arnavji!!Now it might be genetic'.or it might have something to do "who aurat" who did something that left a bad taste in the mouth of the entire Malik clan'and that caused a 13 year old boy to attain premature manhood!!

Suddenly the storytelling today attained a predigested form 'It was certainly "in your face" and Daadi taunting Khushi and not accepting her as a Raizada bahu was the first step towards remarriage'For those who aren't impressed with the way story seemed to shape up today'Well I know there are many fishes in the sea and maybe some other way could have been taken and this "untouchability"issue could have been avoided..But I guess this track was important for Khushi and somehow it is also  important for Arnav to realize that in his absence and without a proper marriage'his beloved may come across more such obstacles'In a word'a clean remarriage in on the cards and Arnav has to oblige'Wink

Daadi and Khushi'.

I'm not smart enough to deduce every single aspect of this equation just after one episode'Apparently she is not happy with servants serving or food and servants roaming about the "Puja-Ghar"'But even as a lay viewer'I could observe a special look of "loathing"as she talked to Khushi'as if it brought back some  memories talking to a beautiful,young 'naukrani''It is to be seen how this relationship progresses,if it has any significance with their past or is she another shallow character..just a replacement of "saas"for Khushi'But I do hope'for once I'm not wrong and she plays an interesting part'

Daadi-Anjali-Arnav'

Well no complaints here..I suppose..A loving and strict Daadi..Not an indulging grandmother as Naani'Instead of protecting the fragility of her namby-pamby grand daughter..she declares.."Ab sab theek ho jaayega.."She is a strong woman and she's here to fix the situation!!Anjali too seemed to found a solace in her arms..Daadi hasn't been a part of RM for a long time and is kind of free from the MU reeking all over the place'And she is a connection to her happy and carefree childhood spent like any other kid in Lucknow'No wonder Anjali wasn't able to hold herself together!!To see Daadi-Arnav equation..we might have to wait till tomorrow!!

Precap'

"Take bread away from me, if you wish,

take air away, but

do not take from me your laughter."

PABLO NERUDA, "Your Laughter"

The Man rises again'Not only the precap was the sole feel-good factor of the entire episode'The scene had a special significance'As Daadi once again stops Khushi from entering her sanctum sanctorum..Arnav moves backward to stand right beside her'.If Khushi is not given her rights'in no way will Arnav continue to bask  in the tender warmth of his grandmother's affection'Khushi is his wife and every single person in the society has to well accept the fact'..and respect her just as ASR's wife should be respected as!!Embarrassed

For the people'who with every single ASR's action are concluding or are hoping that this is the start of a certain redemption track..Then once again I'm sorry to burst your bubble'.The CV's aren't playing that card..not today'in fact never'"Redemption" of ASR started long back and is still continuing'Every single gesture of ASR expressing guilt or love for Khushi is a motif of his redemption'.ASR is an expeditious learner and he's learning fast and he's still in the process of becoming a husband'.but his "redemption" is sadly included in his lessons'It might miss any untrained eye'it's our fault then..But the makers when creating the character created a framework and going by that framework'..ASR redeems himself just like ASR would do'with his usual lan and if that can't satisfy the viewers..then I guess we could never understand this character and somehow the fault lies with us,not the makers!!Ouch

In a word...interesting episodes awaits us IPK land...Past,present and future have been strung together...The curtains just needs to be raised!!Thumbs Up

A special note for the Gul Khan from a fan'.Big smile

I have immense faith in your style of story-telling.Your simple story resonates with poignant touch of varied human emotions and not to mention your idea of romance..it is unique and poised'Your characters are layered and flawed and your story sublime'.Everything that needs to build up a niche audience!!

But it is sad that in a country like India'more than subtle storytelling'trp,poularity,revenue matters'.and hence comes the question of compromising with the storyline'Even a born- storyteller like Sanjay Leela Bhansali had to compromise with his story,his brainchild under popular demand'.And we can definitely understand the pressure that low trp's build on a team of a daily soap'.

But I will make a small request'please stick to the meat and potatoes of the storyline'I know the story is simply fine'But in order to combat trp pressure..I hope you do not give up your creative wand'I know if you or anyone from your PH reads this..he/she'll get my point'Take it as a request or an advice'your wish but do stick to the basics'..That's the need of the hour!!Embarrassed

I also wanted to touch execution but then my post would be a "little"long..also am sleepy'it's half past midnight!!So maybe the next day that I write!!

Sorry for the typos...Don't know if I made any sense today...But I'm pretty much inspired by the great writers we have here and So I penned down my thoughts after 2 episodes!!

PS:Sorry that I can't comment for every single post here...separately...But I seriously admire the write-upsClapand go through all of them...Ruby,Ritzy,Madhy,Beens,Sarita,Payaal,Aditi,Sumi,Megz,Lizzy and I'm sorry anyone I missed...Embarrassed

Also I stole the pic from Payaal's post...Have developed a special something for the picEmbarrassed

Love and peace

SamTongue

Sammy .. 

am commenting after a long time on ur post .. but u know .. who u r biggest FAN is .. so dont need to write every day .. that i loved ur piece .. 

BUT there are days .. when " loved your piece" doesnt do justice to SUCH an amazing write up ..
Truly brillaint .. what do i highlight .. the .. fact that u picked on the relevance of social class being the biggest pointer to the past .. 
execution issues ..
arnav characterisation .. 

Every bit of ur post .. resonated perfection of understanding the 18 minutes dished out .. 

BOW to u my sweet ( ahem fiery ) friend .. ClapClap Clap

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

suhanamausamGirlOfFirepaayaaladiti07Lizzy2012

mahamluvsbs IF-Sizzlerz
mahamluvsbs
mahamluvsbs

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 1:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sarithaipkknd

Originally posted by Mahamluvsght

Just a thought . we knw we have a roothna manana session  ...
khushi performing on oh re piya to arnav who is angry !
could this be HIS BIRTHDAY GIFT ?he is born on 9th august naa if they remember ?

and a question wht happened to the contract ? are they still On with the countdown in khushis arnav's mind ?

see as far as arnav's birthday is concerned.. we ll have to wait n watch... don think the ph wil remember what they showed us on his passport!!! but they must be getting a lot of mails abt it...

the ph does have short term memory loss but it would be awesome if they bring it 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Lizzy2012redwine1IllGetOverIpk

redwine1 IF-Rockerz
redwine1
redwine1

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 1:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Omoraboti

YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED TO YET ANOTHER MUH DIKHAYI CEREMONY OF KHUSHI KUMARI GUPTA ( YES STILL ) SINGH RAIZADA .. 

Ruby!

Loved how you connected the Muh Dikhayis .. so there lies the problem. That day the guests were perhaps insensible but their questions were valid. Now, Daadi thinking her a servant was a bit way too much .. but has Khushi ever been properly introduced as the Raizada Bahu to her? The contract marriage still hangs over their head .. no matter how much they think it is not important. I have a question .. is any wedding valid without witness? In Islam, it is not. So I just thinking if any question will be raised about the validity of their wedding (even if the contract things do not get exposed) since Arnav will declare there were no witnesses??

Hey Farah .. a hindu marriage .. shud've been solemnized by atleast a pundit .. who chanted the vows .. ( specially the temple one shown to us) .. there needs to be cards printed to be presented in court of law for the marriage certificate to be made .. along with pictures of the wedding .. SO .. well i wil leave at creative liberty Big smile

I so agree .. there were many different ways to show .. Dadi .. not accepting Khushi .. & its probable link of social starta in the back drop .. the way it was shown .. was a bit comic for my palate .. but .. easy fan to please .. as long as they logically explain .. untouchability will probably keep quiet .. 

U know the funniest thing is .. "Contract " marriages dont exist in India .. its not recognised by Hindu marriage act .. so the whole contract thing is invalid .. 

BUT as i read this track . this has two .. main reasons .. ONE IS this is the TRACK for KHUSHI .. & her resurgence as the RAiZADA BAHU .. 
2. BRINGING IN THE PAST .. WHICH IMPACTS THE LEADS .. & hopefully we will see the reentry of Shyam .. 

Loved your take on the rose - it is different from mine but makes a lot of sense. Smile

Why Payal stays mum is a question mark to me too! NK supports Khushi better at times .. Confused

I too have the same pointers as you do .. have been questioning on these in my last couple of posts.

Thanx a ton Farah 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

GirlOfFireOmoraboti

Lizzy2012 IF-Rockerz
Lizzy2012
Lizzy2012

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 1:13am | IP Logged
[

Agree completely ... rishta wohi soch nayiThumbs Up ... guess after reading DC i ve just quit commenting on random posts in the ipk Forum ... it just seems like the usual shocks n after reactions .. blindly on one topic if u know wt i mean ...or just to climb up the IF ladder soon [dazzler,sparkler r whatevaWink ] ... giving meaningful comments/strong discussions abt our most loved show is kinda missin ain't it ??? ...love u guys [each one of u ] 4 this Hug

[/QUOTE]
when u love something so much..my take is why not be positive about it..?and use constructive route as the tool of changeBig smile...that yields more results than pp making posts on something as meaningless as being called bhai in a offscreen interview.whoopsBig smile..love having u here dear..and hugs and welcome to the land of positivity

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

redwine1BeautyForAshes

Go to top