India-Forums

Sensational South
Sensational South

How Rajini, Kamal avoided box office clash

Rajinilicious IF-Stunnerz
Rajinilicious
Rajinilicious

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 10:21am | IP Logged
How Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan avoided box office clash in secret meeting!!!

They've been rivals for decades. And now, when people thought there would be a clash between Rajinikanth and Kamal Haasan's new Hindi-Tamil bi-lingual, the two have decided to steer clear of one another in Mumbai and Chennai.

Apparently the two Tamil legends had a hush-hush meeting to sort out the rumours of an impending clash between Kamal Haasan's Vishwaroopam and Rajinikanth's Kochadaiyaan.

It's now been decided that Kamal Haasan will be seen on the big screen before Rajinikanth.

Says a source, "Both the films were slated for a post-Diwali release. That's when the darling doyens of Tamil cinema decided to put their heads together."

Apparently, at the meeting behind closed doors, Kamal Haasan decided to advance Vishwaroopam, so that there could be a clear gap of two months between the two releases.

Says a source close to both the mega-stars, "Rajini sir's film is still undergoing rigorous post-production. Kamal sir's film is almost ready. Kamal sir has agreed to prepone his film's release. Vishwaroopam will be released in October while the tentative release for Kochadaiyyan is in December or January."

Confirming that a clash with Rajinikanth has indeed been avoided, Kamal Haasan says: "We've made a pact not to clash. It would do no good to either of us to release films together. It's because of economics that Rajini and I have not come together since our mentor K Balachander's Ninaithale Inikkum in 1979. No filmmaker can afford to cast us together, except me."

Interestingly, Ninaithale Inikkum is being re-released as a technically enchanced digital-dolby experience.

Kamal thinks it is pointless. "I guess the lure of watching me and Rajinikanth together is the motive behind this revamped avatar of our old film. But let me warn Rajinikanth's fans that he only has a cameo in Ninaithale Inikkum. So there's no big clash between us. And in any case, it's not one of our best films, together or apart. It's what I'd call a potboiler which has little relevance to present-day reality. It is like Love In Tokyo (the 1960s' Pramod Chakravarty musical) if released in today's times. Ninaithale Inikkum had some hit music. And Rajinikanth had a chartbuster song, Singapore singari."

Kamal Haasan is a big Balachander fan. "He is by far the best filmmaker India has produced in the last four decades. I consider him my guru and my mentor. I happily served as a spotboy, choreographer and actor on his sets. In Balachanderji's Hindi film, Aaina, you can catch me playing the clapper boy in a song. He has made all kinds of films. His range is as staggering as Vijay Anand, who made both Guide and Jewel Thief. At the age of 83, he is as passionate about filmmaking as he was 30 years ago."

Kamal Haasan feels only Balachander can bring Rajinikanth and Kamal together.

"He discovered both of us. He's our guru. We'd both obey him," said the actor affectionately.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SweetyGreensahi.

SweetyGreen IF-Sizzlerz
SweetyGreen
SweetyGreen

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
Thanks Nags dear for sharing the great legends news article..Clap

Waiting eagerly to watch both Vishwaroopam and Kochadaiyyan..Big smile

Hope KB sir brings back the 2 legends together again..Day Dreaming

sahi. IF-Sizzlerz
sahi.
sahi.

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
Vishwaroopam will rock for sure as Kamal direction is very good.. Kamal film can be fail at the box office but it will remain in the history for sure.. Vishwaroopam will be in history for sure as the main plus in kamal is also the director for Vishwaroopam so he knows how to handle the film so let see. His directorial venture hey ram, virumandi they r all average grosser but both the film r class films.. So vishwaroopam will be definetlly falls in the class film ctegory let see see Big smile

Kochadaiyan definetly it will get sema opening but the main minus factor is Soundary Rajnikanth as already thalaivar one daughther film 3 become disaster in the box office so some people r expecting less on soundarya due to that... But anyway it is thalaivar film so it cannot be disappointed...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SweetyGreen

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top