Love Marriage ya Arranged Marriage

India-Forums

Himmanshoo aka Anoop Appreciation Thread #1 (Page 69)

pensink91 Goldie
pensink91
pensink91

Posted: 12 September 2012 at 11:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jps01

@ Indi, oh oh, we know what kind of MIL Pensink will make one fine day!!!LOL

@ Pensink, point taken and I totally agree with you - Mansi is the DIL of the house and she should not be influenced or dictated by Shivani!!! Be friends, but there is a limit. Actually Naina bhabi's words will constantly echo in her head!!

Hey first let me become a good DIL its a long way to becoming a MIL.
Big smile
and Jay you got my point that they can be friends but need to stay within the limit of their relationships in that house.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

jps01tanutesindiSurish

indi IF-Dazzler
indi
indi

Posted: 12 September 2012 at 11:44am | IP Logged

@ Indi, oh oh, we know what kind of MIL Pensink will make one fine day!!!LOL

@ Pensink, point taken and I totally agree with you - Mansi is the DIL of the house and she should not be influenced or dictated by Shivani!!! Be friends, but there is a limit. Actually Naina bhabi's words will constantly echo in her head!!

jps ... Ha! Ha1!  The gentle pensink???    A  Dictator????   No way!!!  But that DIl had better toe the line if she knows what's good for her WinkWink !!!!    Seriously, my nani was the strictest lady I ever knew ... gave her own daughters hell (according to them LOLLOL)  ... but she was the sweetest most loving MIL ... her DILs  attest to that!!!   

bluebell12tanutesjps01Surish

pensink91 Goldie
pensink91
pensink91

Posted: 12 September 2012 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by indi

pensink... No offence girl!!!!  I understand what you are saying ... of course, both DILs will have to adjust to the new household, but that doesn't mean that they cannot still be friends and share their feelings, opinions, etc.  I think it's now that they would need each other's support in entering a completely new house with new relations, of whom they know nothing.  Of course, they'll also have to adjust to the MIL, but that shouldn't cause them to break that friendship!!   They are now married women with responsibilities, and I should hope that they would know that their lives now involve consideration of other people too... not just both of them!!! 

Shivani might be making these demands now because she knows she started off on the wrong foot with the MIL and needs her friend's support!!  Shivani looks like an intelligent girl ... I'm sure she'll change the MIL's opinion of her!!!   Her family are such gentle loving people ... so I would think she has those attributes too!!! 

The MIL scolding should have nothing to do with their friendship.  Of course, as they go along, the MIL may have cause to correct them, which is not wrong. 

Hey pensink, didn't mean to offend, but I said "mostly in  Indian households" ... not all!!!  Then again, most other people don't live in households with extended families  Smile.   I have seen my Mom and her SIS live very happily with my grandmother.  Then again, I have I seen "war" among other in-laws living together!  Sorry if I offended  Embarrassed  !!!  Forgive me???

I never said they cannot be friends but that they are now related as SILs too so Shivani cannot dictate what she wants of Mansi and Mansi should not give in to all her demands. The way mansi and shivani are behaving it seems Mansi will try to cover for all her mistakes and would end up spoiling her.  Will that help Shivani, no. When MIl asked her not to interfere she mainly meant for shivani to lift her weight in this relationship andnot lean on Mansi. Like she forgot the cloth for the ganth bandhan in teh wedding and Mansi gaveher shawl, why? Shivani's mom has married her elder sister too how could they forget such an important thing.
Sweetheart, i never get offended by anything you all say that is why I love all my forum friends. We all express our opinions and each of us respects and honors each others POV

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

bluebell12tanutesjps01indiSurish

indi IF-Dazzler
indi
indi

Posted: 12 September 2012 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pensink91

I never said they cannot be friends but that they are now related as SILs too so Shivani cannot dictate what she wants of Mansi and Mansi should not give in to all her demands. The way mansi and shivani are behaving it seems Mansi will try to cover for all her mistakes and would end up spoiling her.  Will that help Shivani, no. When MIl asked her not to interfere she mainly meant for shivani to lift her weight in this relationship andnot lean on Mansi. Like she forgot the cloth for the ganth bandhan in teh wedding and Mansi gaveher shawl, why? Shivani's mom has married her elder sister too how could they forget such an important thing.
Sweetheart, i never get offended by anything you all say that is why I love all my forum friends. We all express our opinions and each of us respects and honors each others POV

pensink ... Agree!!! They can maintain friendship and SIL relationship.  They just have to know their boundaries and priorities!!!!   That's part of the adjustment they'll have to make as married women ... of course, as in every situation, it will take time, patience, understanding ...  Let's hope that neither one of them will feel that they have to take sides, i.e. against each other or against the MIL!!!   For some reason, I don't feel that the MIL will be unfair to the DILs ... she may disapprove of some things and they may have little misunderstandings, but overall, she doesn't have that cruel, nasty,  plotting look  (like BBAT's Mamis ... Mitho used to have that really nasty look on her face).  Afterall, the MIL gets along fine with the Bua and her DIL!!! 

(LOL!) Mansi had better watch her steps and not offend the MIL, otherwise we'll have Anoop shouting at her for his Mummy dearest Wink !!!!   And we know who Sahil will pick up for!!! 

Speaking as if I know all about this mother-in-law thing, eh  WinkWink!!!   It's easy to comment from the outside, but must be quite different when you are on the inside  Wink!!!   

bluebell12tanutesjps01pensink91Surish

pensink91 Goldie
pensink91
pensink91

Posted: 12 September 2012 at 12:15pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by pensink91

pensink ... Agree!!! They can maintain friendship and SIL relationship.  They just have to know their boundaries and priorities!!!!   That's part of the adjustment they'll have to make as married women ... of course, as in every situation, it will take time, patience, understanding ...  Let's hope that neither one of them will feel that they have to take sides, i.e. against each other or against the MIL!!!   For some reason, I don't feel that the MIL will be unfair to the DILs ... she may disapprove of some things and they may have little misunderstandings, but overall, she doesn't have that cruel, nasty,  plotting look  (like BBAT's Mamis ... Mitho used to have that really nasty look on her face).  Afterall, the MIL gets along fine with the Bua and her DIL!!! 

(LOL!) Mansi had better watch her steps and not offend the MIL, otherwise we'll have Anoop shouting at her for his Mummy dearest Wink !!!!   And we know who Sahil will pick up for!!! 

Speaking as if I know all about this mother-in-law thing, eh  WinkWink!!!   It's easy to comment from the outside, but must be quite different when you are on the inside  Wink!!!   

Very well said

bluebell12tanutesjps01indiSurish

jps01 Goldie
jps01
jps01

Posted: 12 September 2012 at 7:27pm | IP Logged
Wow, MIL was just a miserable soul today at her darling son's wedding!! How can any mother - whether she likes the DIL or not, behave this way?  Sahil needs to brighten her day with something - sweets maybe!!!  I did not like how she eavesdropped on Mansi and Shivani's conversation, that was really not nice!!!!Angry

Wish we could have seen Mansi and Anoop dancing!! But must confess, that they are getting there! Slow but sure!!Embarrassed

And the nail in the coffin, when she gave the ultimatum to Mansi in the kitchen!!!

Is Rajlaxmi a control freak or just being a MIL?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pensink91tanutesSurish

indi IF-Dazzler
indi
indi

Posted: 13 September 2012 at 6:09am | IP Logged

Wow, MIL was just a miserable soul today at her darling son's wedding!! How can any mother - whether she likes the DIL or not, behave this way?  Sahil needs to brighten her day with something - sweets maybe!!!  I did not like how she eavesdropped on Mansi and Shivani's conversation, that was really not nice!!!!Angry

Wish we could have seen Mansi and Anoop dancing!! But must confess, that they are getting there! Slow but sure!!Embarrassed

And the nail in the coffin, when she gave the ultimatum to Mansi in the kitchen!!!

jps ... the woman was downright rude and horrible!!!!  Her facial expressions, never mind the vocal expressions, were insulting.  Her behaviour was atrocious!!!   I could see the embarrassment on her sons and other family members' faces!!!!  Bua had to keep nudging her to prevent further embarrassment!!!  For goodness sake, I know she was hurt and could understand if she wore a sad expression, but she made sure everybody knew how she felt about this wedding and Shivani  ... you couldn't mistake the disapproval on that face!!!   OK, she has cause to be  hurt, but it seems that she is only blaming one person ... Shivani!!!  What about the dulhe raja, didn't he have a part to play in this scenario?  She loves her son so very much, couldn't she put a little smile on her face for his sake ... it's his wedding day!!!    Or she could have just done as my nani did  LOLLOLLOL ... don't attend the wedding (neither was anyone else from the house allowed to attend  WinkWink)!!!

I felt embarrassed for Shivani's parents; I'm sure they were just as hurt by their daughter's action, but they put their hurt aside and were there for their daughter!!!  Raj Laxmi insulting them is not fair!!!   Parents raise their children with  values, but they cannot always control their actions!!! 

When Mansi offered the scarf, I didn't see her as just supporting her friend; the dulhe rajah was her dewar ... she was a DIL, a SIL and a friend ...  wanting the wedding to go smoothly ... what's so bad about that?  Isn't that what a good daughter in law would do? 

Brought up in the "old school" way by a very strict old-fashioned grandmother but living in a modern world, I can understand and sympathise with both parties POVs regarding the marriage.  Some children will put their feelings first, while others will consider the parents' feelings.  In this case, we see Sahil and Shivani disregarding the parents and pleasing themselves!!!  My personal view is that it is their lives, they should be allowed to choose who they want to spend it with ... on the other hand, I wouldn't want to hurt my parents by going against their wishes  WinkWink ...

ANd now for my darling Anoop ... he looked too too gorgeous!!!  just loved the way he looked at his wife ... such a telling smile too  (All I could think of at the time was  ... he should be looking at Runjhun with that smile and that delight in his eyes CryCry !!!)      Honestly, I watch this show just to see Himamnshoo's face ... I could never see enough of him  LOL!!!    Sometimes I get the impression that Himm just wants to break away from this shy character and let loose his exuberance ... liking having a good loud laugh, dancing, chatting away ... a la Gudduji Wink!!!!

pensink ...  I want to thank you again for those wonderful WUs!!!  Helps so much in understanding the story ...Looking forward to today's episode ... start of the real story  Big smile!!! 

Bluebell ... Anoop and Mansi are getting there, no worry  Wink!!! 

Have a nice day Girls!!!!

Edited by indi - 13 September 2012 at 6:10am

jps01pensink91tanutesSurish

indi IF-Dazzler
indi
indi

Posted: 13 September 2012 at 6:27am | IP Logged
Quote:   And the nail in the coffin, when she gave the ultimatum to Mansi in the kitchen!!!

Both Mansi and Shivani seem terrified of their MIL.  Mansi could barely speak in the kitchen!!!  Does that foster well for a good MIL/DIL relationship? 

Do you  think, like a lot of mothers,  Raj Laxmi is too possessive of her sons ... maybe  that's why she wants to choose the DIL ... girls whom she could control ... in that way the sons will have their wives but she would still have her sons!!  Mansi, so far, is the typical dulhin who wouldn't rebel against the Mother-in-law and who would obey her rules without question. 

Shivani, on the other hand, seems to be "too modern" to fit Raj Laxmi's idea of a good DIL!!!  Already, she has talked Sahil into marrying her against the MOm's wishes ... She's a modern girl who is accustomed to freedom, freedom to act and speak out!  I could see Shivani questioning the MIL's rules and regulations... no docile DIL there,  that is, when she settles down and overcomes this fear ... Tongue!!!!

Edited by indi - 13 September 2012 at 6:27am

jps01pensink91tanutesSurish

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Love Marriage ya Arranged Marriage Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index