Love Marriage ya Arranged Marriage

India-Forums

Himmanshoo aka Anoop Appreciation Thread #1 (Page 55)

pensink91 Goldie
pensink91
pensink91

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by indi

Originally posted by jps01

@ Pensink, totally agree with you.  How can you ask a married man to marry again? Be realistic and geez mom, have a heart and brain!! I actually thought that since Sahil confided in big bro Anoop, he would take the initiative to sort this issue out with his mom but I guess he did not have much language today Confused!

You know I watch this show for Himm only but am still waiting for that "wow factor" to really drag me in!!!Ouch  Have not seen it so far!! That same "wow factor" had dragged me in earlier on another show just by looking at the main lead and his body language!!  So, I am hoping for Anoop to have a good meaty role in LMYAM!!

I read on another thread that the story will now take off, so I am waiting patiently!!LOL

jps, pensink
... Quite agree with you re Mom's attitude ... she just isn't willing to give a hearing to her children!!!  As for Anoop, could he be waiting for the Mom to cool off before approaching her?  I think he knows her well and would be able to pacify her in time.  Anoop, even though he gives in to the mother, does not strike me as a dharpoke!!  I think he adores his mother and doesn't like to see her upset! 

I'm sure we won't be disappointed in Himm's role as the story progresses.  Think the CVs are just stocking up on issues so they would have a lot of material to work with!!!   The real story has only just begun!!!   I'm sure Anoop, as the elder brother, would have a significant part to play in bringing about change in the household!   

As for  the mother's attitude,  while I may not agree with her, I can understand the character ... As a "modern" woman, I can sympathise with Sahil and Shivani ... it's my life and I should be the one to determine how it goes, so let me make my own mistakes, if any!   The mother, on the other hand ... you are my child and still live under my roof, so I make the rules!   You can't live by my rules so out you go!!!   What I I don't  understand is how she could expect Sahil to just discard Shivi and move on to another marriage.  Not only breaking the law, but where's her moral values in encouraging such an action!   The lady is immovable!!!  I think the Cvs are again taking things to the extremes to gather up issues for later!!! 

I have seen this attitude in many families ... the parents are the boss and the children must never dare cross them!  Alas, when the children do rebel, the parents remain powerless and unable to do a thing.   It is so pitiful for them when they realize how powerless they are!!!    If Sahil does move out of the house, the Mom will end up suffering even more, but at this time, all she wants is her way!  Her pride will hurt if she gives in to him, and that she doesn't want! 

Indi, I understand what the mom is feeling. But when i say I dont like her attitude is jsut that at this point her thinking Sahil should just leave shivani as she does not agree to is wedding and get married to another, this is just not registering well with me. Sahil married without telling and now she is should either accept or just kick him out. But to go to Shivani's parentsand question her values. She has a daughter too and she should know how shivani's parents must feel.  And Shivani is not the only one at fault here but she talks as if she is the only one at fault and brainwashed her dear darling son. Her son is not a baby.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

bluebell12tanutesjps01indi

indi IF-Dazzler
indi
indi

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pensink91

Originally posted by bluebell12

Not really married yet -

Just read this:

Consummation is the ultimate objective in the Hindu Marriage.

When a Hindu gets married, his or her marriage is solemnized with rituals and the marriage gets a legal as well as a religious sanction.But the marriage is not complete until it is consummated.

May i know  where this is written. As far as it is concerned legally second marriage if the first wife is alive and not divorced, is considered as having no recognition. consumation is only for family members thinking not legally. I dont agree with this. Sorry

pensink ... I think they mean that consummation completes  the marriage  . ..  the coming together of two people .. the ultimate objective - like the bonding of the two people  into one???   Has nothing to do with the legality!!!   Non-consummation does not mean illegal ...   When a Hindu gets married, his or her marriage is solemnized with rituals and the marriage gets a legal as well as a religious sanction.  

In any case according to the Laws of the Land and Hindu Marriage Act, consummation or not,  once the first partner is still alive and not divorced, it's illegal to marry again!!! 

bluebell12tanutesjps01pensink91

pensink91 Goldie
pensink91
pensink91

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 12:33pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by pensink91

Originally posted by bluebell12

Not really married yet -

Just read this:

Consummation is the ultimate objective in the Hindu Marriage.

When a Hindu gets married, his or her marriage is solemnized with rituals and the marriage gets a legal as well as a religious sanction.But the marriage is not complete until it is consummated.

May i know  where this is written. As far as it is concerned legally second marriage if the first wife is alive and not divorced, is considered as having no recognition. consumation is only for family members thinking not legally. I dont agree with this. Sorry

pensink ... I think they mean that consummation completes  the marriage  . ..  the coming together of two people .. the ultimate objective - like the bonding of the two people  into one???   Has nothing to do with the legality!!!   Non-consummation does not mean illegal ...   When a Hindu gets married, his or her marriage is solemnized with rituals and the marriage gets a legal as well as a religious sanction.  

In any case according to the Laws of the Land and Hindu Marriage Act, consummation or not,  once the first partner is still alive and not divorced, it's illegal to marry again!!! 

Yes, i understood what they were meaning but as far as th show is concerned the only thing that actually matters is Sahil is legally married and mom cannot just ignore that fact.

indi IF-Dazzler
indi
indi

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pensink9

[/QUOTE

Indi, I understand what the mom is feeling. But when i say I dont like her attitude is jsut that at this point her thinking Sahil should just leave shivani as she does not agree to is wedding and get married to another, this is just not registering well with me. Sahil married without telling and now she is should either accept or just kick him out. But to go to Shivani's parentsand question her values. She has a daughter too and she should know how shivani's parents must feel.  And Shivani is not the only one at fault here but she talks as if she is the only one at fault and brainwashed her dear darling son. Her son is not a baby.

pensink ... it's amazing how we think alike!!!   (LOL!)  I had actually written the same and then deleted it "She has a daughter too and she should know how shivani's parents must feel."  Then I thought it wasn't the daughter's fault that the Mom was so mean!! 

I feel she has become too accustomed to pampering her beloved son... he seems to be blameless in her eyes ... she's even blaming poor Anoop ... There are a lot of mothers out there who think that way ... their children are faultless.  it's always the friends or somebody else who made them do it!!!    I guess that's the way of the world!!!! 

pensink91 Goldie
pensink91
pensink91

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 12:51pm | IP Logged

[QUOTE=pensink9

Indi, I understand what the mom is feeling. But when i say I dont like her attitude is jsut that at this point her thinking Sahil should just leave shivani as she does not agree to is wedding and get married to another, this is just not registering well with me. Sahil married without telling and now she is should either accept or just kick him out. But to go to Shivani's parentsand question her values. She has a daughter too and she should know how shivani's parents must feel.  And Shivani is not the only one at fault here but she talks as if she is the only one at fault and brainwashed her dear darling son. Her son is not a baby.[/QUOTE]

pensink ... it's amazing how we think alike!!!   (LOL!)  I had actually written the same and then deleted it "She has a daughter too and she should know how shivani's parents must feel."  Then I thought it wasn't the daughter's fault that the Mom was so mean!! 

I feel she has become too accustomed to pampering her beloved son... he seems to be blameless in her eyes ... she's even blaming poor Anoop ... There are a lot of mothers out there who think that way ... their children are faultless.  it's always the friends or somebody else who made them do it!!!    I guess that's the way of the world!!!! 

[/QUOTE]
Yes, we do that is the reason among many how we became such good friends on BBAT and this forum.

I just feel Sahil's mom thinks marriage is a child's play and am sure Anoop and other family members would try to tell this to her. But whether she likes it or not she should still think about jyoti and her parents. having given birth to a son does not make her superior. The CVs could have shown this is a different way.

So true for anymother their child is the most beautiful and the best.

jps01 Goldie
jps01
jps01

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
Oh, I just remembered to ask you guys something - do you recall yesterday's episode scene where Anoop and Mansi are driving home after the temple meeting!  Did you notice that Anoop was not driving a real car but a "reel" one? Ouch

bluebell12tanutespensink91indi

indi IF-Dazzler
indi
indi

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jps01

Oh, I just remembered to ask you guys something - do you recall yesterday's episode scene where Anoop and Mansi are driving home after the temple meeting!  Did you notice that Anoop was not driving a real car but a "reel" one? Ouch

jps .. trust you to bring it up!!!  (LOL!!!)  I actually commented to my brother that:  "that's Zee ... just like their magic water" and then realised that it wasn't Zee this time, it was Sony!!!  I'm so accustomed to blaming Zee   LOLLOL!!!

Edited by indi - 04 September 2012 at 1:07pm

bluebell12 Groupbie
bluebell12
bluebell12

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 1:15pm | IP Logged

Article is titled:
 Consummation is the Ultimate Objective in the Hindu marriage

by Rama Lingam.

jps01pensink91tanutesindi

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Love Marriage ya Arranged Marriage Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index