Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

CV's don't give false message about India in Globe (Page 3)

cool-babe Senior Member
cool-babe
cool-babe

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:06am | IP Logged
untouchability 2 a certain extend is still pressent in india i live away from india but i have seen how ma grandparents treated ma servants child who played wid ma sister...he scolded dat small child very badly...i felt bad 4 him...dis is wen i understood dat untouchability is der in india...eva ma mom's mom also has dis same attitude...

Falciparum Senior Member
Falciparum
Falciparum

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by priya_dreams

Originally posted by laniland

I agree with you completely. Showing a negative character is one thing but I felt this was too much. I am from Sri Lanka and I really felt your worst fears. I was watching with my teenage daughter and We were discussing as how domestic help is treated. Here we treat them so well. That was really pathetic. I don't think any of us are above any one to condemn that way. That really showed Indians treat their domestic help as 3rd grade humans. I was watching that Satya meva Jayathe (i hope I speeled it correctly) and was heart broken how different castes people treat others and then this. My daughter was really disgusted saying how can they show it on TV soap as well. I know you may not be that but that was the message given to people who are outside of India thanks to the CVs. No offence to anyone just stating the message it delivered.

this is just not the way Indians treat their servants... that's the point, they are sending false message about India across the world...

i live very much in India...i have never seen any one talking to servants like that...
they are treated quite well...
this does not happen in real life at all,..
 i am sure if someone will talk like this to their servant, he will shun them for some other job, then they will be left to do all household chores on your own and cry all day...

i doubt people like her exist in real in India...if in some remote village, then i don't know...

Here, I must disagree.  Although, I don't thino this behavior is prevalent n our generation..I am not surprised that such behavior happens in the Older lot.

archie_79 IF-Dazzler
archie_79
archie_79

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:17am | IP Logged

I dont agree that the CVs r promoting untouchability. They r showing it in a negative way which is y everyone is hating dadi. Also it is sad but this is reality, there r many people who behave this way, not just uneducated but also literare people.
881876 Senior Member

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Didikisaut

Untouchability is age old thing in India, don't blame Creatives.

You are right, untouchability is still practiced in India and i don't think CVs are trying to promote it...it's just that this character of DADI is like that...
ght_shona_4evr IF-Sizzlerz
ght_shona_4evr
ght_shona_4evr

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
This is discusting

Go to top