Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: -Afridimalikk-

^but she wasnt talking on a general basis was she?

the makers expect their audience to be prehensile and intelligent enough, to understand whats being conveyed. They cant just show every attribute :S, its what happened with Falak personally, the money, brought up, acceptance in society always, it made her proud, and so she blames MONEY, thats her case, this in no manner means people with money dont ask to god or repent, it was just her pretense, which, eventually is TRUE, in HER case...
because she had money, power, status, she thought people like them, the elite class, that we widely call them, are all like her, and theyre not taught to ask to god, thats what she was trying to explain to her mom.

I and everyone in our family and friends rather, thought that Mahirah, was exceptional in the scene, and even the dialogues were good, according to the situation, Umera is really deep, true, but then She's Falak, if suddenly, after just one mishap, she starts talking in utter deep urdu, like she did in that plant scene, wouldnt make sense! Thankgod they did not just show her sitting on the prayer mat with shalwar kameez all of a sudden through out, like the novel, that would have been unreal, haan kuch years pass karne ke baad if they'd show this, toh acceptable hota.

but why blame the money? Tomorrow if I reach a point in my life where I'm a millionaire but through my hard work, conviction and belief in God..I have worked hard to become who I am and I should be thankful to God for giving me so much when there are people who starve to death with no food, home or shelter. God has given me the money as a result of my hardwork..right? Now it's up to ME to see what I'm going to do with it, how I'm going to use it etc and whether or not I'm going to be thankful to God for everything I'm blessed with. The money is not the problem..the clothes are not the problem..the problem is the person. Rich or poor..the person is to blame. Yet we blame the materialistic things in life for distracting us..No that's not true, that's just a way for us to feel less guilty of what we're doing wrong. We know what's right and what's wrong and we should be capable of knowing what to thank for and to realize that if we're fortunate enough to have what others don't than that's God's blessing..we shouldn't misuse.

Umera's dialogues were vague..this is a writer who tends to speak on a universal level, whom people like to relate to through her work. I'm an ardent fan of Umera..and whatever she wrote there was flawed. I don't find any justification in whoever's claiming she meant money's the problem, this is the problem or that's the problem. In my opinion the problem is Falak herself and then her parents as well who never taught the importance of God...yet Umera just made it seem all otherwise. 
serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
^true, i agree, but then she cant just punish her parents for that!
True, she's finding things, making up bits to get over her guilty conscience that says she was at fault. She's a flawed woman, and she sees that, or lets say, gets this good bahana, to blame money, cz she thinks, if she'd not have had money n the status or the beauty or whatever, atleast she'd have talked to Allah? she'd have asked him for SOMETHING? shikwa hii sahii, she'd have probably fought with god, but then she'd have had a relationship with him atleast, of thankfulness OR complaints, she'd have had something to do with God, but she didnt talk to god at all.. never repented, never asked for anything, Never, WHY? because she had everything. Everything kahan se aya uske paas? Money se! There you go...
Its just her chota zehen, her flawed, confuzed mind, which is making her think ke this paisa has separated her from god along with her parents! Its not like theyve given this message k har paise wala is as naalayek or behiss as Falak was! :P
ZumSrK. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Made by reeno( -Afridimalikk-)

starstruckk thumbnail

^true, i agree, but then she cant just punish her parents for that!

True, she's finding things, making up bits to get over her guilty conscience that says she was at fault. She's a flawed woman, and she sees that, or lets say, gets this good bahana, to blame money, cz she thinks, if she'd not have had money n the status or the beauty or whatever, atleast she'd have talked to Allah? she'd have asked him for SOMETHING? shikwa hii sahii, she'd have probably fought with god, but then she'd have had a relationship with him atleast, of thankfulness OR complaints, she'd have had something to do with God, but she didnt talk to god at all.. never repented, never asked for anything, Never, WHY? because she had everything. Everything kahan se aya uske paas? Money se! There you go...
Its just her chota zehen, her flawed, confuzed mind, which is making her think ke this paisa has separated her from god along with her parents! Its not like theyve given this message k har paise wala is as naalayek or behiss as Falak was! :P

How is it a good bahana? πŸ˜†

Isn't she trying to change as a person? So in other words she's still confused and that scene where she's throwing clothes etc and speaking of junoon is still her being confused even though she's trying to make a transition? πŸ˜• Umera's trying to show that she's finally coming to her senses and realizing what she has been for so many yrs, yet she's still finding a bahana to come in terms with her flaws? whaaat? πŸ˜†

See, this goes back to my point..those dialogues were flawed. They don't hit home with anything..you're left thinking of so many possibilities of what Falak is trying to say yet the main problem in my opinion is that the dialogues did not make sense. 
starstruckk thumbnail
& no..who said she needs to punish her parents? She needs to make her parents realize that they too are as lost as her, and have been. She already spazzed out in front of her mom in that scene..I'm sure mentioning how she and her parents have been weak in faith and they are all at fault for their self absorbed lives wouldn't have hurt anyone. 
Rabz_14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

^but she wasnt talking on a general basis was she?

the makers expect their audience to be prehensile and intelligent enough, to understand whats being conveyed. They cant just show every attribute :S, its what happened with Falak personally, the money, brought up, acceptance in society always, it made her proud, and so she blames MONEY, thats her case, this in no manner means people with money dont ask to god or repent, it was just her pretense, which, eventually is TRUE, in HER case...
because she had money, power, status, she thought people like them, the elite class, that we widely call them, are all like her, and theyre not taught to ask to god, thats what she was trying to explain to her mom.

I and everyone in our family and friends rather, thought that Mahirah, was exceptional in the scene, and even the dialogues were good, according to the situation, Umera is really deep, true, but then She's Falak, if suddenly, after just one mishap, she starts talking in utter deep urdu, like she did in that plant scene, wouldnt make sense! Thankgod they did not just show her sitting on the prayer mat with shalwar kameez all of a sudden through out, like the novel, that would have been unreal, haan kuch years pass karne ke baad if they'd show this, toh acceptable hota.

@ Bold totally Agree!! I love her transformation!
n well said...
thats what happened in HER case...
she Ignored Allah becoz of those luxuries..but not everyone does tht
waniya_fatima thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: _QueenofHearts_

We know what it meant

We are just saying that it wasnt written clearly enough...people could easily misunderstand it

i found it pretty strong and convincing..

but anyways.. opinions may vary 😊

-Mrs.SKMehwish- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Rabz_14

@ Bold totally Agree!! I love her transformation!
n well said...
thats what happened in HER case...
she Ignored Allah becoz of those luxuries..but not everyonhttp://www.india-forums.com/new_reply_form.asp?M=Q&PID=66937140&PN=&TR=1040e does tht

Luxuries are not the fault ... In Falak case she was obsessed with a person who callled Salman Allah Pak does not like Obsession and this is what they want to tell us ... Like Falak Said( Salman mere dil ke bohat kareeb tha is liye Allah ne us mujhe se Chan liya) SO that show is all about over Obsession when you obsessed by any one you Left your self ... Falak parents have offenced cux Only Parents told us about the Creator (ALLAH) ... If I am not Wrong this show is going amazingly <3 Mahira Khan as Falak bestest thing of this show ... I swear the story is going beautifully ... I don't want more intensity or less intensity rathan than this ... 😳
-Amyy thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
2 Episodes left or 1 ? πŸ€”
MochaQueen thumbnail
Originally posted by: starstruckk

No, the dialogues Falak said were vague. From whatever I understood she degraded rich people only to say poor people have a connection with God because they have something to ask for..while rich people have everything and forget God in their riches. The problem with Falak is not that she's rich..the problem with her is that she was never taught about religion ..her parents never emphasized it and she never cared either..didn't her grandmother always tell her to have a strong faith? to not be materialistic etcc? but did she care? no. and this is an adult we're talking about.

I love Umera..but I'm sorry..her dialogues were flawed. You can be anyone and have a connection with God if you want to. 

Exactly my point😳