Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: BlackStar.

Nkapoor, you don't even know Islam so how can you decide what you said was right or wrong?

Absolutely.. That is the reason I said don't comment on something you have no knowledge of..
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: -ChillMahaul-

Absolutely.. That is the reason I said don't comment on something you have no knowledge of..

I was commenting on a character not a religion
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Nkapoor3

I was commenting on a character not a religion

the character relates things to the religion.. so yes you were commenting on the religion and you were commenting wrong..
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
if u have to misconsture everything suit yourself..i know my intentions more than u do
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Shehr-e Zaat ' Episode 7

Posted by SZ On August - 11 - 2012

11 Votes

Aap bohot khush naseeb hain ke Falak jaisi haseen larki ab aap ki zindagi main shaamil honay jaa rahi hai
Well' Agar aap apni dost se yehi sawaal poochaingi tau shayad woh aap ko kahe ke woh zyada khush naseeb hai
Kyun?
Kyonke, main ne apni zindagi mein Falak ko shaamil kiya hai '

Falak and Salman Ansar might be engaged, but this conversation between Rushna and Salman sounded the warning bell loud and clear that though they were now betrothed and Salman grudgingly professed to love her, Falak's egotistical fianc continues to be enamored only with himself. His proposal, prompted largely due to Falak's uninhibited confession of love, is simply a means to an end ' fulfill a social obligation, and in the process, as a bonus, ensure a lifetime supply of Falak's continual massaging of his massive ego.

Much as the very shallow Salman might like to compare himself to the ocean, unique, limitless, powerful, and deep, he forgets that it is the ocean, which is not only cruel, as Falak aptly reminds him, but it is also that which is eternally at war with itself ' churning day in and day out, without any respite, looking for a peace that remains tantalizingly elusive. Mr. Salman, though at this moment you may think that you have done Falak a favor, but who know perhaps in the long run she might be the one to teach you a lesson or two. Regardless of whether through Falak or not, looking forward to the comeuppance that is almost sure to come your way.

Before all this though, we got a lovely glimpse into the bonding between Falak, her mom and naani. Though we'd seen Mehrunissa and even Falak getting irritated by naani's nonstop naseehats, it was lovely to see all wantingnaani to go with them to his house, to approve of Salman, and the way the very sharply dressed Mehrunissa was so comfortable introducing her very simply dressed mother to her future samdhis. Truly, though naani might complain about her daughter, she did raise her well. Similarly the bond between Falak and her naani was beautifully essayed. Clearly Falak is truly blessed as far as her family is concerned, now if only Ms. I'm-so-in-love-with-Salman, Falak could only open her eyes and see the obvious staring her in the face.

Even as Falak remained willfully blinded, it was interesting to see everybody else around her expressing varying degrees of doubts about Salman's proposal. Hamza questioned Falak's putting Salman high up on a pedestal and obsessing about him to the point of almost worshiping him, her parents worried about the difference in their social status, naani worried about Salman's family's lifestyle and his lack of interest in religious matters. It was very refreshing the way everybody voiced their doubts openly; opinions were shared and discussed, everybody heard each other out and then ultimately gave in to Falak's happiness.

Oblivious to all else going on around her, Falak is like the proverbial three monkeys who want to see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil. In her view, no matter what anybody tells her, her brand new fianc is Mr. Perfect. There might be moments of disquiet, of self-reflection, of feeling rejected, but all is brushed aside, the moment Salman bestows a pleasing smile on her. She's constantly being humiliated, her infatuation relentlessly being tested by Salman. But like a moth to a flame, she steadfastly continues towards the enticingly beckoning flame, destructive though it might be. What remains to be seen is how far her infatuation extends ' is there a limit to Falak's obsession?  The look of absolute shock on Falak's face when Salman took of his engagement ring was something to behold. Has Salman has pushed her too far this time? An explosive ending, this cliff hanger that left me yearning for the next chapter.

With each installment, Shehr-e Zaat opens up new avenues of reflection on the various facets of human nature: the obsessions, the desires, the wishes, the dreams, the compulsions that drive us. Once achieved, whether these make us happy or not is a whole different question. Why is it that once we gain our materialistic objectives we are still left feeling empty handed? Were we created to pursue and fulfill these worldly ambitions or is there a greater purpose to our being human?

Umera, Sarmad and the entire team of Shehr-e Zaat, congratulations once again on a job well-done.

Written by SZ~ [email protected]
Follow me on Twitter:  SZ_DramaPakistani  (@sz_dp)

This website and its content is copyright of Dramapakistani.net  - Drama Pakistani 2011. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Email
Edited by Nkapoor3 - 11 years ago
Salam!
I have wanted to come back several times but Ramadan is keeping me busy. It's namaaz, roza and Quran almost 24/7.

About SeZ...I have never read the novel so don't know what to expect but the she is moving very slowly. My favourite character is 'Nani'. She is right in so many aspects. Allah should be remembered and mentioned all the time and we should try to follow a path which pleases Allah.

It amazes me a person can be so blind in love that everything else fades or is forgotten. Falak's love is making her blind to Salman's true nature. She is putting up with his rude and irrational behaviour only because of her obsession. Any person who lose their sense in the name of love will end up getting in trouble. Falak is heading in a wrong direction. At least Hamza hasn't lost his mind completely, he still seems rational enough. His opinion regarding Salman is right however Falak is unwilling to see beyond her dreams and happiness.

Mehr-un-Nisa (Falak's mum) is being too much of a friend of her daughter rather then a mum. I have feeling she will regret not being more strict with Falak and she will regret not listening to her mum more. Sorry only speculations as I have no idea what will actually happen.

Don't know when I will come back here again maybe after next epi. Hope you all continuously have a great Ramadan and if someone isn't Muslim I hope you have a great week ahead of you.

Allah Hafiz!

PS. I hope my bak-bak wasn't too boring. 😆
SecretSapphire thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wah thread is rocking now
zabardast
SecretSapphire thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
reading the previous comments
oye hoye badi garma garmi ho rahi hy yahan tu
MochaQueen thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nkapoor3

was the hums afar title song also a ghazal before or was it an original? 

that wa salso originally sung by abda perveen, but QB sang it much better!
MochaQueen thumbnail
Originally posted by: -De.De-

I am kind of disappointed with the serial, especially the pace of it and also I guess... because I've read the novel and had really high hopes. No wonder why people don't like when their favorite novels are dramatized. 

i havent even read the novel but i know the story!!! and umera ahmed can never go wrong with her stories!
but the pace of this serial is pissing me off!!!
shes still not married after 7 episodes...and to drag it even more she breaks her engagement in next episode! WHAT  joke!😡