India-Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge
Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Why this debate?

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 10:30pm | IP Logged
The possibility of a baby track has triggered off extensive debate both on the forum and on KPji's facebook page. Am sure this is not unique to KTLK or to this track. Leads me to wonder why this is happening. I mean we all read books and watch movies. We spend some time talking about it, things we liked about it and the things we did not and so on! We hardly ever wonder why they do what they do or what else they could have done instead!

What is it about TV shows or characters that makes us spend so much of time thinking about why they are doing what and offering opinion on the right and wrong of their ways.Is it because of the episodic nature of shows? The fact that we watch their stories in installments and hence have enough time to debate over their actions?  I really don't know. What do you think?

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4evashalini.malik72BlushsarikafanktlkkoyelbasuKrrish4Youkaks0211shobha21parmarAvyomanSuvika.mudraswathi

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
Well yes... agreed.. its not something unseen or something unknown.. n we see that in practically all the other Sony shows as well... but this aspect itself is the cause of debate for me that KTLK is supposed to be different ... it was supposed to be about Doctors... love story.. n there on..! 

At the moment... Nidhi as a Doctor is a once in a bluemoon phenomena.. n hence m not ready to see her as a mom ... just yet! Family is an eventuality ... n shall come in the play subsequently .. but not now.. JUST NOT NOW!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Blushsarikaniniborn2ruleSujatha.rao

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Armu4eva

Well yes... agreed.. its not something unseen or something unknown.. n we see that in practically all the other Sony shows as well... but this aspect itself is the cause of debate for me that KTLK is supposed to be different ... it was supposed to be about Doctors... love story.. n there on..! 

At the moment... Nidhi as a Doctor is a once in a bluemoon phenomena.. n hence m not ready to see her as a mom ... just yet! Family is an eventuality ... n shall come in the play subsequently .. but not now.. JUST NOT NOW!

Tanu, am not talking about this track in particular...of course each of us has our own reasons for wanting to or not wanting to see something...I am just wondering why it bothers us so much that we debate over it ...for example, we never spent time talking about why Shahrukh never understood what he felt for Kajol in Kuch Kuch or whether Kajol should have got engaged to Salman at all or even what fault it was of Salman's that he got hurt in the process...we accept the story as it is...here we are not able to do that...it is this phenomenon I am wondering about...

On KTLK though, I think Krithika already set the tone when she said that this was a love story at the end of the day...and not a hospital drama...the hospital will always remain just a backdrop...so, baby or no baby, I really doubt if there will be any serious professional track..!

Edited by Sujatha.rao - 05 August 2012 at 10:48pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

BlushsarikaSuvika.

Suvika. IF-Stunnerz
Suvika.
Suvika.

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 10:59pm | IP Logged

Tanu, am not talking about this track in particular...of course each of us has our own reasons for wanting to or not wanting to see something...I am just wondering why it bothers us so much that we debate over it ...for example, we never spent time talking about why Shahrukh never understood what he felt for Kajol in Kuch Kuch or whether Kajol should have got engaged to Salman at all or even what fault it was of Salman's that he got hurt in the process...we accept the story as it is...here we are not able to do that...it is this phenomenon I am wondering about...

On KTLK though, I think Krithika already set the tone when she said that this was a love story at the end of the day...and not a hospital drama...the hospital will always remain just a backdrop...so, baby or no baby, I really doubt if there will be any serious professional track..!
[/QUOTE]

i think its more to do with the daily watching of the story...we talked about kuch kuch but all said and done its a 3 hr movie and the effect of it doesn't last days and weeks on end...sure we talk about it...but when that particular topic is raised by someone..thats not the case with most of the serials on TV...most of them are 5 days or some like KTLK 4 days a week and some telugu channels have serials 6 days a week...so basically we see the same story, same characters almost everyday (in installments) each day dealing with a different issue or topic...in a movie, when its released, the story is already made, the ending decided and the track already shot. so you know that no matter what you do you are not going to influence anyone in changing that...which is not the case in serials...KPji recently wanted us to debate on career and motherhood...we feel that if we discuss, argue and share, that might influence the storyline one way or the other...future tracks are uncertain here and that makes us want to predict or sometimes even direct them...

BlushsarikaSujatha.rao

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 11:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by turags

i think its more to do with the daily watching of the story...we talked about kuch kuch but all said and done its a 3 hr movie and the effect of it doesn't last days and weeks on end...sure we talk about it...but when that particular topic is raised by someone..thats not the case with most of the serials on TV...most of them are 5 days or some like KTLK 4 days a week and some telugu channels have serials 6 days a week...so basically we see the same story, same characters almost everyday (in installments) each day dealing with a different issue or topic...in a movie, when its released, the story is already made, the ending decided and the track already shot. so you know that no matter what you do you are not going to influence anyone in changing that...which is not the case in serials...KPji recently wanted us to debate on career and motherhood...we feel that if we discuss, argue and share, that might influence the storyline one way or the other...future tracks are uncertain here and that makes us want to predict or sometimes even direct them...

That is a very interesting perspective, Suja...the episodic nature allows for time and space for us to give our feedback, particularly thanks to the social media...so, we feel empowered to maybe change the course of the storyline or influence the destiny of the character...become part of the creative process in a sense...!

BlushsarikaSuvika.

Suvika. IF-Stunnerz
Suvika.
Suvika.

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sujatha.rao

Originally posted by turags

That is a very interesting perspective, Suja...the episodic nature allows for time and space for us to give our feedback, particularly thanks to the social media...so, we feel empowered to maybe change the course of the storyline or influence the destiny of the character...become part of the creative process in a sense...!

IF Zindabad!! number one dance emoticon

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sujatha.rao

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 11:31pm | IP Logged

[/QUOTE]

IF Zindabad!! number one dance emoticon
[/QUOTE]

Indeed...

Suja, I think there is also an element of vicarious living involved here...many of us may have been or may find ourselves in similar situations at some point in life...and of course, we may or may not have had or will not have complete control over events...so, if it is past and the events did not go in our favour, by persuading the character to live the life that we wanted to live, some of our own disappointments get wiped out..

If it is the future, then by exerting influence over the character's present, we are kind of reassuring ourselves that our futures are secure too and will play out the way we want them too...

All of this is of course at a purely subconscious level!
Suvika. IF-Stunnerz
Suvika.
Suvika.

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 11:38pm | IP Logged

Indeed...

Suja, I think there is also an element of vicarious living involved here...many of us may have been or may find ourselves in similar situations at some point in life...and of course, we may or may not have had or will not have complete control over events...so, if it is past and the events did not go in our favour, by persuading the character to live the life that we wanted to live, some of our own disappointments get wiped out..

If it is the future, then by exerting influence over the character's present, we are kind of reassuring ourselves that our futures are secure too and will play out the way we want them too...

All of this is of course at a purely subconscious level!
[/QUOTE]

you mean like...we couldn't control what happened in our past and we can't control our future so lets try and make sure the situation in the serial can and could be brought under control?? hmmm...never thought of it that way but i guess its true...me currently debating whether AShNi should have a boy or girl...we can't control the sex of our own kids but we sure can do this one...LOL...jokes apart..i think your point is valid...our subconscious does play into this...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sujatha.rao

Go to top