Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Arhi FF: Kalarikkal House-2 [Thread 3 link posted] (Page 32)

varshapan Senior Member
varshapan
varshapan

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
the only one ever to stump arnav might have been pallavi... and she understands him much better than he himself does... doesn't he?

oh love the conversation between the two. and the unsaid ritual both of them have fixed for themselves in the morning.

lovely update as always

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-

Sur_10 Goldie
Sur_10
Sur_10

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by napstermonster

This is my take on the whole man-eater thing--what is so wrong with the label? When women are in a position of utter and abject powerlessness--their father, their brother, their home, their prospects of a life beyond these decaying walls have all been removed from their control--when everything is taken away, what is left is exactly one thing-image, and perception.

Khushi clings to the concept of their lineage, but to me,  this one is so much more useful to have, as young nubile women basically unprotected in rural India! Man Eaters, Manglik-- these terms make  the sisters actually dangerous, and not just vulnerable--it is a powerful restorer of their image. And if the image is dangerous, if it is a ward against the evils of the lusting men just outside K House...why should the label be termed as negative?

I feel for Kashi, and for her sister. But somehow, both have come across as creatures of magic well before this whole tragic fated spin on who they can and cannot be with. I cannot see them as the ordinary women who will cook and clean and know how to tend to a regular man's little home.

The term man-eater, too, is loaded--i wonder if you used it deliberately as opposed to the much more common image of the feminine seductive charmer?

Because both these women are..well, they aren't ordinary, are they? Everything about them is a little bit..extra. Their poverty is heightened, their beauty if unreal, their lives are on the extreme edge. Be it romance, attraction, or tragedy--they don't live by half measures, so their men can either rise to that extra dimension like Arnav is doing, or die into meek oblivion like Pallavi's accident prone fiance did.

Because for me, Pallavi is just as magical, right? The magical veena music, the power of the tune/playing that wove through ASR's mind some chapters back,? Its not a normal reaction to music by a pragmatic businessman, and hers was not a normal hand on a veena. 

And now, we have, aside from her natural extra-ordinariness, the snake protected vedic- cursed Kashi.

Neither are the normal women you take home to mother. Both are imbued with the tragedy of their bloodline, and both have grown up in a way where they cannot really be true, normal mates to normal men. Educated in subjects that are...different, behaving in a manner that is at once unnaturally submissive (to daddy dearest) and ferociously masculine...They cannot make a normal man feel..normal.

So they ARE man-eaters--because no ordinary man can just show up and claim such extraordinary women. Isn't that, it itself a kind of power?

First of all Clap for the brilliant post.
The label in itself is negative... Imagine Pallavi walking down the street and people rubbing salt on her wounds, reminding her of a tragedy for which she wasn't really responsible. What I feel is that women are often bestowed with these titles because the society sees them as objects which need to be validated or discarded. And now when I have read the next chapter, as I expected, an ordinary man can't even get her to notice him... It is really an ironical tragedy of our society, to blame the loss of things on the person most affected by it, so that somehow they start thinking that they deserve it... 
I do agree with your point here that the sisters truly are extraordinary beings... But is it necessary to pay a price like this for their gifts? Does Kashi really need a curse to protect her?
They have somehow molded these curses into their being, making them their power unlike other women who would have been crushed. But that doesn't mean that the curse really is a power... it is more like, what you make of it.

Edited by ivre - 08 August 2012 at 6:05am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

-PoisonIvy-publicenemy-tanya_vinapstermonsterlatekatemoomin4455serialwatcher16Krishnaluv94

Sur_10 Goldie
Sur_10
Sur_10

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:30pm | IP Logged
Now I can see how she survived all these years, bearing that weight on her heart and all... One really does need something as extraordinary as the sacred music to pull them out of the miseries of mortal life.
Love in itself is such a contradiction... Invokes such strong desire in one case and is so fulfilling in the other. 
On a lighter note, Arnav could have bragged a little had it been somebody else. He'll run away in 2 days if these sisters continue to assault him like this :D

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-latekateserialwatcher16Krishnaluv94

smitar IF-Rockerz
smitar
smitar

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
Pallavi was a shock to me. Looks like Arnav is as shocked as I am!

-publicenemy-

lakraj80 IF-Dazzler
lakraj80
lakraj80

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
OMG Wht are u doing to me Devi??? Up at 5:15 am and the first thing I do is reading chap 22 again for the 7th time!!!! Am I completely loosing it???? Then god alone save me!!!! It's all ur fault lol!!!!! Loved it loved it!

-publicenemy-

swetha_ch IF-Dazzler
swetha_ch
swetha_ch

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
Pallavi surprised me. Loved their conversation.

-publicenemy-

Kalyaani IF-Sizzlerz
Kalyaani
Kalyaani

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:52pm | IP Logged
I will write a lot... Later this is all I can manage with one finger and an iPhone.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-latekateserialwatcher16Krishnaluv94Kishmish

N0306 IF-Dazzler
N0306
N0306

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 12:05am | IP Logged
This update left me speechless.. Brilliant conversation between pallavi and Arnav.. I have seen similar deep intense characters in old Malayalam movies.. Beautiful indeed.. It might help Arnav deal with his sister's loss..

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-latekateserialwatcher16Krishnaluv94Kishmish

Go to top