Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Arhi FF: Kalarikkal House-2 [Thread 3 link posted] (Page 31)

priya_raother Groupbie
priya_raother
priya_raother

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
Great update as always...what I am thinking is would Arnav want to buy that place after knowing all this? 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-

-publicenemy- Senior Member
-publicenemy-
-publicenemy-

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 9:44pm | IP Logged

Chapter 23:  Another Dawn

[Not yet proofed]

He didn't sleep the rest of the night after Kashi left his room.  In her anger, she had been distracted enough to not ask him about why he screamed and he was relieved.

He went back to the window and stood there a long time watching the edge of the woods.  The woman did not return.  He finally noticed the photos lying by his feet where Kashi and dropped it and picked them up.

He took in the woman's features one by one… the first photo – the one in which she was smiling widely, he just couldn't see Kashi.  He couldn't imagine Kashi smiling with such joy or abandon. 

But the second picture, the one that he found more interesting, almost as if the dancer had been cajoled into striking a pose and she did so at her own terms, letting the viewer know that she was still beautiful in her petulance.  This was Kashi.  Well, the Kashi that he had known for 24 hours.  He thought he saw movement out of the corner of his eye, but when he looked down into the woods again, there was no one there.

He wondered how much he could trust his own sight.  He had wondered briefly whether Kashi was playing a trick on him, but it seemed unlikely.  She couldn't possibly have known that he would be at that window at that exact moment to plant that woman there.  And it was the same woman in the pictures that he held.  He doubted that she had manufactured the pictures in his hands, simply because she didn't have the money to go to such lengths.  He wasn't entirely sold on the ghost idea either and thus he stood there by that window until he could see the sun rise in the horizon, willing the woman to come back.

She didn't.

He walked out of his room around the same time as the previous morning and looked over the balcony waiting.  Soon enough, Kashi came to do her circumvolution around the plant.  She had the same routine as yesterday; she did her three turns, she unwrapped her towel, she shook our her wet hair and did that little braid down the center and broke off and tucked a little piece of the plant in the middle of that braid.  She should have walked away in that rush of hers just like she did yesterday; instead, for whatever reason, she looked up, almost as if she sensed him.  He straightened from where he had been leaning on the balustrade when her gaze fell on him.  They stared at each other for a moment and then without any sort of acknowledgment, she abruptly walked away.

He watched her until she disappeared from view before he walked to where he had found the veena yesterday.

When he got there, he found that Pallavi was already there. 

He was surprised, but thankfully he had a good poker face and he walked towards her with no expression on his face before he sat down against the pillar just where he had sat yesterday.

It felt as if an eon had passed instead of 24 hours.

Pallavi looked at him and gave him a brief smile and turned to look at her veena without waiting for him to acknowledge her.   The woman was a quick learner, he was discovering.  And much more subtle in her approach than Kashi.  In fact, Kashi was quite transparent where Pallavi was a dense layer of molasses that he could guarantee that no one would wade through with any success in a life time.

She started playing the veena one string at a time just as she had done yesterday and it wasn't long before he felt the stillness consume him again just as it had previously even though what she played today was something entirely different from the day before.

"Reethi Gowla"  she said a few minutes after she stopped playing.

He raised an eyebrow.

She set the veena next to her and leaned back against the wall behind her as she repeated, "Reethi Gowla.  It's my favorite raga."

He didn't understand, but he nodded just the same.

He leaned back against the pillar and they were quiet like that for some time before he spoke.

"Do you know who bought Vishnu Namboothiri's house?"

He saw her eyes flicker and close before she opened them and looked at him.

"You."

He sighed internally as he tried to figure out how to ask her what he wanted to ask.  Kashi made it so easy to blurt out whatever he wanted, while this woman… this woman, he had to tread carefully…

"What was his name?"  he finally asked.  It was not what he had intended to ask.

"Ananthan."  She answered after a pause.

"How did he…"  he petered off, unable to complete the question. 

"Bike accident.  He had had to go away for work for two days and had been anxious to get back.  I had taken a little fall the day before.  It was nothing serious, but his mother told him about it when he called and he… he could never bear to see me hurt.   Ever… he was rushing back early that morning on his bike when he rounded an especially narrow corner and his bike went off the cliff."  She said, her voice breaking at the end just as she reached her veena and ran her fingers over it, a sufficient mask for her grief.

He exhaled quietly.

This was a woman who had truly loved and lost.

Who had known the sort of love that most people only dreamed of knowing.

"I am sorry."  He said finally.

"Don't be…" she said looking at him finally. "We loved for many years…. More than most people experience in several lifetimes.  He gave me everything of him before he was taken from me.  When you have the sort of love that we did, you always live in fear.  Someone somewhere must think it too much.  Too much love for any two people to have between themselves.  I am grateful that I had him for as long as I did." 

He didn't know what to say to her.  He had not met people like her.  Or love like what she described.  He had experienced a different kind of love… the earliest of loves… for his family… but they had all been taken from him…  and he certainly didn't have an attitude towards loss like she did.  Maybe the music helped her where nothing aside from the chaos of work helped him. 

"Ananthan…" he whispered.

He saw her smile now as she repeated.  "Ananthan.  He would have liked you, you know."

He looked at her in surprise.  "Why is that?"

"Who would have the nerve to bite Kashi and live to tell the tale?  He would have been thoroughly impressed."

He blinked as he tried to replay what she just said in his head.

He couldn't have possibly heard her right.

He raised an eyebrow as if he did not understand her.

She smiled as she got up from where she sat.  "It seems that I may have underestimated you yesterday." 

He didn't know what to say.  She must be testing him out. 

"I don't know what you are talking about."  He said aloofly.         

She smiled again and said, "I was in love with a man for 26 years, Arnav.  With a man who loved me in every way possible.  You think I wouldn't know the difference between what a man can do and what a table can do?"

He couldn't even think of a single thing to say to her in answer to that!

Evidently, she wasn't expecting a response because she said, "You have another long day ahead of you.  Try not to bite her anywhere where it would be up to detection for someone less understanding."

When she was about to walk away, he finally found the voice to admit, "I don't understand you."

"That's not necessary.  You just need to understand her."

------

Edited by -publicenemy- - 07 August 2012 at 10:02pm

The following 325 member(s) liked the above post:

anima_bahadurck1985Nehal_24MSA_SUDnehavashizil143simren97maancrazysangeetha26rithuparnahoneyboney1Rain_droprachealnicciunderground1priyakamkarB2DB75vanesha230Pantheraoncaseqalpratikshanoelarsh_18suganya91shreelakshansrishti9015divyyasreetomchi94princessep13pdj_71cebelpalemsrsradvi_915683ipkkndblacklady1bmishrarhtkumar672JPRAJirshadavaishali09asdfzxcvghjklbnHemaSuryaarshi_sarun7DerrynAs2001nayana66libbyfernsocean28irama1zara28smricflash90TrueLoveIs4everPagliTitliCrazyArshiFansuranArshinmesuzuki-PoisonIvypriya_raothersunshineswirlathirumafairycakePriyasha890Mel-JTsaripalli3lliesocrazyaddicted16samba12owinmandhruvet_tu_achuthebluewhalearyacutefluffyktaulinetefanfollowermssravyakp123pwinchipesshakasturi11xxSassyxxgagsyprayasbanetta10diotimamistletoe22Black_beautythouhidavaughnApsara1asmi123Manseelilyattitudeprerna27Mahika245armadshree99Silvergirlpal89711pasarisjoa123sumaliMaankiMariamnam_adi321abcshalinikanaguPedaseoulbeatsnikipukiPoonamTprizazoyadarkrosecuriousbookwormanamika00pulu1995Neha07mak3mesmileDreamer-89amritabgayatri_ysai_neharoseycheekday_lilysoniachammudochdoevarshapanissshatathbristiElenaElenorvoldemortappy111arhifrvrcloverThrishTheDreamyKidasdfjklsreeanshuesmeralda111MsIPKKNDManicShoe12asimovpri3loveSim1234Su_SomerholicTRND86DBZ-27nj.123amv63barunxoxovaish912vtanduncanelisetobleronerevathysugathannarmathabiju21IPKKND001cutiepie_ashhasheyAmrita_12samarablogkamtokdinMeeshaalipalaayanarshiyakanishkashona136Arshi200divya_divsPyewestglitter5arshisimpleipkndlover75VarshaPrettymojgansanjuarshiSharuAGdair10arshiZeehanaMirabellFirst_LightKashish9.BlackSwan.C0raline..PT..Aish002aneelovesarshiipkkndeternitygreshuBavarisk2405TirtharupaDilLoveRomancesrija.singh04RandomGirl--BumbleBee--sini1234fatima2603joe_arhidreamymayapurplelove-daffodils-sher_lockrockinggirl5Shweta1691Onlookerinspiringstarsshils28Roshkolovemusicbluetajkarismamultifacetedblue-eyethe_breezesmiley13annabV3OdSunirhearuhikaamchornishakethebiscuitappy_12Arathy-VmaloseSphinxmsmarpleHADmishtiHonkytonkvidya.sanjaylatekatehuny.thebestmirnalinirichiiiiiAsmara.spsharmilatanya_viNi_singhRichie-RichnapstermonsterNirjhor105bushrayouvikadesigirlpaircubeNoe123Dhara_ssparikhchubzyAdorableTroubleAnamika100archana.mh17-shamima--Shobhu21-swetha_chN0306SA_nimkemistrymomb24aycma98__blossom__leanne_1983DrwhoIceflameskushipuglyapoorvaarnavAbi.Nasegaddolly477daljeetjessjazzzoobie-doobieluvbugSS88IronButterflyEnchantressAruni.amus5Heavens_Flowerrefloratedshree10riafnaKishmishsikhni_MentalExoticaLivingInPajamasPrani08frenzyyprpk525smitarzafiHot.Pink.Heelscaskerayshaomarhad2bublue_rose1605jakhushikvarshaserialwatcher16-memorable-Krishnaluv94soapsudsashred12ninandamaypranayperfectpisceanzooni.bluemechantefilleboyznakacineraria.LadyHitler.OmNaMaSteOmtinselhoneygrapeSillyPepperLyssaPieNewbiesoapfanopsyellowsnoopy84amaiaKalyaaniRiima_Azraaalicia.pup03Madhuri53.Dulcetmishti_17dumasSunshine Girlspvd

ninand IF-Rockerz
ninand
ninand

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 9:45pm | IP Logged
@napstermonster.. It was a pleasure reading what you wrote and how you translated the dubious title they have been bestowed with..
There is nothing more beautiful than when women are allowed to flourish like that, unencumbered, in their element, desired and respected simply for how they are..  

i think image is really what exists of anyone...
the only difference is , they are being perceived in isolation , unlike the majority of women , especially in rural areas, who abide by the stringent social rules ,or in the least, function in a comfortable familial-male protected territory and thus, are identified in the general context of a family

its a romantic notion, which she weaves, and which you deciphered brilliantly.. but it remains a notion nonetheless..  the notion being that, the graceful strength that they have, in their character, in their nature, in the consequent femininity (and the contradictory detachment from the teasing passion that is always associated with it),  in their honest curiosity born of an intelligent mind,  will be understood or accepted, (the tasks being mutually exclusive) as simply as the goddesses  that are the absolute personification of such power...  that's the irony.

Its their distinction which invokes , in lesser men, generally slaves to their ego, the insidious desire to prey , specially when  denied what seems to be within easy reach.

I can well understand the horror Arnav must feel at knowing they have been so labelled.. for it ascertains, that these women would be fair game,  ravaged at will.. superstitions be damned... their seductive charms, whether deliberate or inherent, not withstanding.

Death might be welcome to them, but it wouldn't come easy..

So yes, they Are Man-eaters, who no ordinary man deserves, but it would not keep them , in their criminal ignorance and foolish ambition, from defiling and destroying it .. 

so a title would matter, more so , when it really doesn't. Arnav seems to know the gravity of it well.

(I rambled a bit much and not entirely cohesively.. so do excuse that...)

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

pdj_71blacklady1Mahika24vaughndiotimavarshapanSim1234-publicenemy---BumbleBee--latekatenapstermonsterDrwhomoomin4455had2buKishmishserialwatcher16Krishnaluv94KalyaaniMadhuri53

inspiringstars Goldie
inspiringstars
inspiringstars

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:05pm | IP Logged
Brilliant conversation between Pallavi and Arnav again, Pallavi surprised me, by admitting how much she loved the guy, and how she is grateful just with how much the love lasted whereas some people do ntot even witness such kind of love. Very mature Pallavi is, and very understanding. I was Laughing with Arnav's reaction when Pallavi told him not to bite Kashi where it could be detected...he was utterly speechless..and when he spoke, he said he doesnt understand her...ahahaha!!!
And to top it all, Pallavi wants him to understand Kashi, and she very well knows whats going on between the two...wow...this is interesting!!!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Sim1234-publicenemy-latekatesegadserialwatcher16Krishnaluv94Kishmish

ninand IF-Rockerz
ninand
ninand

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
you make love with their lost ,D.. their elusive.. so much, that  it feels  that whatever is missing is realized into a gossamer thin sheath of  warm fragrance ,from that love making, and dissolves into nothingness.. until you invite it again.. 

ripped my heart down the middle, into two.

Edited by ninand - 08 August 2012 at 7:20am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-pink.lotuslatekatemoomin4455serialwatcher16Kishmish

-PoisonIvy Groupbie
-PoisonIvy
-PoisonIvy

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
Caught up with chapter 22. The title reminded me of Nelly Furtado's song with the same name :)

The consequences of untimely death of a man who was engaged or married recently is harsh for the girl involved. It sets the jobless tongues wagging. I have a neighbour whose daughter's fiance got drunk and died in an bike accident (he did not have a helmet on) the night after their betrothal. It is beyond me how the girl can be blamed for the guy's carelessness! I digress.

Arnav seems to get a kick out of pushing her buttons eh. And Kashi's body finally seems to be reacting how it should.

Okay. I'm positively grinning after reading the Arnav Pallavi convo. He rather grossly underestimated her didn't he! I loved how she was forthcoming about her relationship with Ananthan to Arnav. Its not something that you would usually share with a stranger you have known for barely 24 hours and much less someone who bought out the legacy of your in-laws who could not be.

And Kashi was right about Arnav. He seems to question his own senses when in doubt. But I guess with the kind of day he had had previously and the sights and stories that he has seen and heard, it has left him slightly perturbed.

I don't think Kashi is one to share all the adventures of the previous day, so I wonder how Pallavi figured there was another long day awaiting Mr Raizada. Looking forward to the next 6 days! :)

Edited by -PoisonIvy - 07 August 2012 at 10:58pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-ElenaElenorlatekateserialwatcher16Krishnaluv94Kishmish

segad IF-Dazzler
segad
segad

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:07pm | IP Logged
Pallavi is really mature character.  She is aware of the Arnav Kashi dynamics and deals with it in her terms.  I think it has been a time since Arnav has encountered a mature female who can tell him what to do.  Not sure exactly what his relationship is with his mami in this story but it does not seem to be close.  His Di also died while still a teenager so if I am not mistaken this is his first close encounter with a grown woman of her age.  Mature not by virtue of age but by virtue of experience and the learnings from those experiences

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-latekateserialwatcher16Krishnaluv94

reflorated IF-Rockerz
reflorated
reflorated

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:17pm | IP Logged
RES

I love the maturity Pallavi shows. I am speechless. This was so beautiful.

I'll come back, later. Promise.

ciao!

Edited by V323 - 07 August 2012 at 11:20pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-

Go to top