Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Arhi FF: Kalarikkal House-2 [Thread 3 link posted] (Page 30)

Krishnaluv94 IF-Rockerz
Krishnaluv94
Krishnaluv94

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 4:22pm | IP Logged
For Chapter 22-

What the.. Why does he always grab her? What's up with you, Arnav?! I love Kashi! Oh snap! I was reading and commenting, side-by-side; but I started reading their convo and couldn't stop. That was amazing! I don't even know what to write..

D, you are brilliant! I cannot wait to read more! Thank you so much for the updates! 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-asimovlatekateserialwatcher16Kalyaani

napstermonster Goldie
napstermonster
napstermonster

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 4:23pm | IP Logged
This is my take on the whole man-eater thing--what is so wrong with the label? When women are in a position of utter and abject powerlessness--their father, their brother, their home, their prospects of a life beyond these decaying walls have all been removed from their control--when everything is taken away, what is left is exactly one thing-image, and perception.

Khushi clings to the concept of their lineage, but to me,  this one is so much more useful to have, as young nubile women basically unprotected in rural India! Man Eaters, Manglik-- these terms make  the sisters actually dangerous, and not just vulnerable--it is a powerful restorer of their image. And if the image is dangerous, if it is a ward against the evils of the lusting men just outside K House...why should the label be termed as negative?

I feel for Kashi, and for her sister. But somehow, both have come across as creatures of magic well before this whole tragic fated spin on who they can and cannot be with. I cannot see them as the ordinary women who will cook and clean and know how to tend to a regular man's little home.

The term man-eater, too, is loaded--i wonder if you used it deliberately as opposed to the much more common image of the feminine seductive charmer?

Because both these women are..well, they aren't ordinary, are they? Everything about them is a little bit..extra. Their poverty is heightened, their beauty if unreal, their lives are on the extreme edge. Be it romance, attraction, or tragedy--they don't live by half measures, so their men can either rise to that extra dimension like Arnav is doing, or die into meek oblivion like Pallavi's accident prone fiance did.

Because for me, Pallavi is just as magical, right? The magical veena music, the power of the tune/playing that wove through ASR's mind some chapters back,? Its not a normal reaction to music by a pragmatic businessman, and hers was not a normal hand on a veena. 

And now, we have, aside from her natural extra-ordinariness, the snake protected vedic- cursed Kashi.

Neither are the normal women you take home to mother. Both are imbued with the tragedy of their bloodline, and both have grown up in a way where they cannot really be true, normal mates to normal men. Educated in subjects that are...different, behaving in a manner that is at once unnaturally submissive (to daddy dearest) and ferociously masculine...They cannot make a normal man feel..normal.

So they ARE man-eaters--because no ordinary man can just show up and claim such extraordinary women. Isn't that, it itself a kind of power?

Edited by napstermonster - 07 August 2012 at 4:26pm

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

fluffyktau-PoisonIvynimra21-publicenemy-asimovStripePurplemak3mesmilepriya..Sur_10latekatetanya_vikaamchorniinspiringstarssegadNoe123Kishmishninandserialwatcher16Krishnaluv94had2burefloratedKalyaani

asimov Senior Member
asimov
asimov

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 4:24pm | IP Logged
Wow what a village!!!Pallavi losing her future husband days before her wedding-and instead of supporting her as they should have...the villagers have tagged her as a man eater. I always admired the strength of Kashi but the more I know about her and her past...I feel I admire her whole personna...and now I definitely admire her whole family. What tragedies they had to live through.
Arnav and Kashi keep playing mind games with each other and I keep laughing at them- however I have a strong feeling that Arnav has started leaning more on Kashi that he even realizes it. He is getting sucked into a whole Universe which he is not aware of and he is taking his guidance from Kashi who is the guide from hell.He is up for some ride!!!!! And I am in love with them.Day Dreaming

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-latekateserialwatcher16Krishnaluv94KishmishKalyaani

Krishnaluv94 IF-Rockerz
Krishnaluv94
Krishnaluv94

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 4:45pm | IP Logged
I hate thinking about commenting something; and then, by the time I catch up with all the comments, I forget it.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mak3mesmile-publicenemy-latekateserialwatcher16had2bu

-publicenemy- Senior Member
-publicenemy-
-publicenemy-

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by napstermonster

This is my take on the whole man-eater thing--what is so wrong with the label? When women are in a position of utter and abject powerlessness--their father, their brother, their home, their prospects of a life beyond these decaying walls have all been removed from their control--when everything is taken away, what is left is exactly one thing-image, and perception.

Khushi clings to the concept of their lineage, but to me,  this one is so much more useful to have, as young nubile women basically unprotected in rural India! Man Eaters, Manglik-- these terms make  the sisters actually dangerous, and not just vulnerable--it is a powerful restorer of their image. And if the image is dangerous, if it is a ward against the evils of the lusting men just outside K House...why should the label be termed as negative?

I feel for Kashi, and for her sister. But somehow, both have come across as creatures of magic well before this whole tragic fated spin on who they can and cannot be with. I cannot see them as the ordinary women who will cook and clean and know how to tend to a regular man's little home.

The term man-eater, too, is loaded--i wonder if you used it deliberately as opposed to the much more common image of the feminine seductive charmer?

Because both these women are..well, they aren't ordinary, are they? Everything about them is a little bit..extra. Their poverty is heightened, their beauty if unreal, their lives are on the extreme edge. Be it romance, attraction, or tragedy--they don't live by half measures, so their men can either rise to that extra dimension like Arnav is doing, or die into meek oblivion like Pallavi's accident prone fiance did.

Because for me, Pallavi is just as magical, right? The magical veena music, the power of the tune/playing that wove through ASR's mind some chapters back,? Its not a normal reaction to music by a pragmatic businessman, and hers was not a normal hand on a veena. 

And now, we have, aside from her natural extra-ordinariness, the snake protected vedic- cursed Kashi.

Neither are the normal women you take home to mother. Both are imbued with the tragedy of their bloodline, and both have grown up in a way where they cannot really be true, normal mates to normal men. Educated in subjects that are...different, behaving in a manner that is at once unnaturally submissive (to daddy dearest) and ferociously masculine...They cannot make a normal man feel..normal.

So they ARE man-eaters--because no ordinary man can just show up and claim such extraordinary women. Isn't that, it itself a kind of power?

I like your analysis.  Man-eater is definitely not the same as a seductive charmer.  

I won't offer any more - even though I want to and if I wasn't writing this story, I would certainly enjoy a lively discussion on all the points you raised - as it would be construed as somehow being the truth of the matter in the story and the last thing I want is to stifle the readers' imagination by providing premature offerings from the author :)  
So, I will leave this with a genuine thank you for taking the time to share.  I was not even aware that you were following this story and am glad that you decided to drop by.  
There are many great readers here and I hope that at least some of them would take and run with the theories you raised.

-Devi  

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

fluffyktaumak3mesmilekaamchorninapstermonsterSur_10latekateinspiringstarstanya_vininandKishmishrefloratedserialwatcher16Krishnaluv94had2buKalyaani

esmeralda111 Senior Member
esmeralda111
esmeralda111

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:12pm | IP Logged
v nice Clap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-

N0306 IF-Dazzler
N0306
N0306

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 6:08pm | IP Logged
oh my god.. does arnav have anything to do with pallavi's fiance accident?

awesome update..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-latekateserialwatcher16

Krishnaluv94 IF-Rockerz
Krishnaluv94
Krishnaluv94

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
What kind of accident caused Pallavi's fiance's death?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-latekateserialwatcher16had2bu

Go to top