Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Arhi FF: Kalarikkal House-2 [Thread 3 link posted] (Page 22)

-publicenemy- Senior Member
-publicenemy-
-publicenemy-

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 6:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tanya_vi

An old illam shrouded with mysteries...very interesting!! Shobhana as Lakshmi...fantastic choice!! Have an ominous feeling after reading 'shavathalam'...can't get rid of it..
and I'll seriously stay out of Shivan's way...blame that on my acute ophidiophobia..
                                  Have you ever been to the Nagaraja Temple (Mannarasala), D? The 'Kaavu' there is supposed to be full of snakes.

Shivan's chapter reminded me of this place. Very well written.The story is progressing wonderfully..and am clueless regarding the direction it is taking...
I bow before your genius and brilliance, D!!

I have never been, but I read a feature on this temple about 15 years ago.  It was equally eerie and fascinating.  Must have stuck with me...

-D

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

asimovtanya_vilatekatesini1234serialwatcher16Krishnaluv94had2buKishmishKalyaani

-publicenemy-
-publicenemy-

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 6:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rosna

Reading your updates sent shivers down my spine. I don't believe in ghost or their existence but have fancies about them. If they exist they will come to humans for some cause and if Lakshmi actually came there, it can be due to some reasons like uniting Arnav and Kashi or something else. As you are full of surprises and I love surprises so I am not going to waste my time guessing.
I am an abstract reader never ponder the significance and relevance of everything,but stick to the feel the story creates in me after first reading. But you changed me and now I spent a lot of time thinking about this story and its characters.Each of your updates create different feelings which are fresh and unique.

The Kalarikkal House, its eerie surroundings, myths, mysteries, snakes, nightmares, curses, hopes, beliefs, superstitions, divinity, supernatural powers, everything... are beautifully portrayed.
Devi chechi...Aksharangalude mayalogam theertha manthrikayaya eyuthukkari ennu thangale vilichal athigamavilla.

Thank you very much for serving such a fabulous feast.

Orayiram Nanni... :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aparnasvjsini1234

-publicenemy-
-publicenemy-

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 6:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ARSHI_FAN11

Devi, your writing is DANGEROUS!!!!
You know why, I stalk you story so badly that even today when I had an imp meeting first I stayed back coz I saw your update - the new chapter - and what a chapter God!!! I was so lost after reading the chapter and trying t imagine how "Laxmi" must have looked, imaginign myself watching her from that window that my car almost hit 3 people today and I was almost ran over by a bus!!! And whole way there was nothing else on my mind except this chapter :) what have you done to me girl!!!! Cry

But here coemns a hug from my side for this fabulous piece of work!!! Hug

Shocked

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

asimovkaamchorniKishmishserialwatcher16Krishnaluv94

dreamymaya Goldie
dreamymaya
dreamymaya

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 6:55am | IP Logged
Wow wow..appaluses appaluses...love the way story is progressing...no one else can do kaashi better than shobana! Are u going to give Mr. Raizada a face?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-latekateserialwatcher16

moomin4455 IF-Dazzler
moomin4455
moomin4455

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 7:08am | IP Logged
I love the mysticism of this chapter. Whatever we scoff at in the daily rigmarole that is our lives (be we rich or poor) there are things that we just cannot understand, but to others are real. Did Arnav see a ghost? I would like to think so.

Seriously this whole episode at the house feels like a rites of passage for Arnav; a spiritual journey where he has the chance to understand more about the world that he never let himself believe existed. More importantly it is a chance to understand himself.

Alas! Who of us in reality is fortuitous enough to undertake such a journey ourselves? :-) If I were Arnav, living with bad cooking, itchy clothes, a cranky yet beautiful maiden, being confusticated at every turn - and now ghosts (to top it all off)  - I would be sad at the end of my sojourn at the house. It's anything but hollow, even though they don't seem to do very much in comparison to city folk that hustle and bustle lol..

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-asimovlatekateserialwatcher16Krishnaluv94Kishmish

priya.. Senior Member
priya..
priya..

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 7:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -publicenemy-

*Gasp*  What happened to Kalyaani?  You know I can't post the next chapter without her making an appearance :)

-Devi

Kalyaani- where are you Girl? I an dying to read the next chapter!!!!!LOLLOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

asimovserialwatcher16Krishnaluv94Kalyaani

Kishmish IF-Rockerz
Kishmish
Kishmish

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 7:20am | IP Logged
You have Psyched us all Devi Ermm LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

asimovkarismaserialwatcher16

-publicenemy-
-publicenemy-

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 7:23am | IP Logged

Chapter 22 – Man-eaters

And just like that, the chill that had started spreading through his skin vanished when he felt the familiar surge of heat as anger boiled up at her mocking tone.

He pulled her to him by her waist in a quick move that startled her enough to make her drop the pictures of her great-aunt.

"Hasn't your father taught you to not go into strange men's rooms in the middle of the night?"  he growled out next to her ear as she tried to push away from him.

"They tend to see it as an invitation.  No matter how you try to scare them off with ghost stories."

"I could wear a purdah and men would still see it an as invitation, Raizada.  I have decided that they only see what they want to see and not what I am actually telling them."  She answered even as her attempts at pushing him away were proving futile.  No matter the mind-f**king, he was still physically stronger than her.

"I don't think you know what you are telling me."  He told her, which gave her pause.  She kept the flat of her hands on his chest and pulled back to look up at his face. 

"What am I telling you?"  she asked.

He looked outside - the woman was still gone - and then looked back at her as he answered, "You are not afraid of me.  Which makes you curious.  When I grab you like this, it gives you a reason to fight me, which you like.  You want a reason to fight someone.  Not just fight with your words.  But you want a reason to pummel the shit out of someone.  And it seems that I am fair game."

She tilted her head curiously now as she asked, "How would I…pummel the shit, so to speak, out of someone?"

He felt an urge to smile at how genuinely interested she sounded and for a moment he forgot that he was angry with her.

"I don't know, Kashi, the men-folk here have been lusting after you for quite some time, from what I can see.  Don't you want to do something to them?"  he felt her hands clench into fists against his chest, although he didn't think she was aware of what she was doing.

"You want to take it all out on me."  he added, watching her.

She looked back at him now, her eyes narrowing almost imperceptibly.

"What good would that do?" she asked.

"Well, for one thing, it would get all this anger out that you have stored up for too long.  And secondly…"  he paused, dramatically, lifting an eyebrow.

"And secondly?"  she asked, her fists tightening.

"And secondly you are just curious."  He answered.

"Curious?"

He smiled.  "Yes, curious.  You want to know if you can feel the same and what that would feel like if you did feel it."

"The same?" 

"Desire.  You want to know if you can feel it too."

She wasn't prepared for it when suddenly his thumb rubbed over where he had bitten her that morning and she gasped and jumped up onto her tip-toes.

"That right there.  That's it.  What you felt just now.  That little spark where I touched you."

Her face took on a flush even as she looked away and bit out, "That's called being startled.  Not desire."

"Did your sister ask you about it?"  he asked suddenly, changing his tone.  He didn't want to get her any more defensive.

"How do you know?"  she asked, looking back at him.

"I saw her looking at your waist when you were bringing the dishes out.  I told you to cover it up."

"I don't get bite marks on a regular basis that I would remember to cover it up!"  she answered, irritated now.

"What did you tell her?"

She sighed and tried to push him away again.

He tightened his arm around her waist and held on.

"I told her I bumped it against a table's edge."

"And she believed you?"

"Why wouldn't she?"  she looked angry now. 

"Then the woman must be as nave as you.  What is it with the folks here that no one has the guts to go after women who look like you both?  Don't tell me she is manglik too!"

"No, of course not."  She said before she looked out the window.  Her voice was soft now when she added, "She and one of our neighbor's son had been essentially betrothed to each other since they were young."

"Had been?"  he asked.  He remembered Pallavi at the veena that morning and knew instinctively that he didn't want to hear whatever was coming.

"Her fianc died in an accident two years ago.  Their wedding had been just a few weeks away."  She paused then and her fists loosened at his chest when she spoke again, her gaze still facing the window.  "My poor sister.  I am destined to kill my husband after I marry him.  She killed hers before.  At least that's what people say.  Makes us both sound quite the man-eaters, doesn't it?"

"f**k!"  he said, feeling a helpless rage in that moment.  How could there be so many tragedies in one place…

"He had been their only son.  Soon after, they sold their house and left this place."

Something about this story sounded familiar to him then.

"Who did they sell the place to?"  he asked in a low voice.

She looked back at him now. 

"You."

This time when she pushed away from him, he let her go.

------

The following 334 member(s) liked the above post:

anima_bahadursvahc123MSA_SUDnehavashizil143simren97maancrazycanopieerithuparnaRain_drophoneyboney1ipkndFanrachealASRtheManKADBURYnicciunderground1priyakamkarB2DB75vanesha230Pantheraoncapratikshanoelsuganya91shreelakshansrishti9015divyyasreetomchi94princessep13pdj_71cebelpalemsrsAerosteal5683ipkkndmdm2013rhtkumar672JPRAJbmishravaishali09asdfzxcvghjklbnnanicaNishmadhuHemaSuryaAs2001nayana66cuppycake11irama1smricAnjali250194TrueLoveIs4everPagliTitlilibbyfernsocean28Arshinme-PoisonIvyfairycakepriya_raothersunshineswirlPriyasha890owin3llieaddicted16samba12mandhruvsuma0119et_tu_achurosnaaryacutelinetefanfollowermssravyafluffyktautwinkle662kp123xxSassyxxkasturi11thouhidagagsyprayasbanetta10Apsara1asmi123Black_beautydiotimamistletoe22lilyattitude5armadvaughnManseepal89711pasarisnam_adi321abcpriya..kvgmatriSilvergirlsavvzjoa123seasplashprizabhakbhartifanMaankiMariamPoonamTseoulbeatsnikipukizoyadarkroseruark_22anamika00amritabgayatri_yspongebobchickmak3mesmileDreamer-89pulu1995Neha07sai_neharoseycheekcmileyfreakysoniachammuFridahatathbristiissssomeoneipkappy111arhifrvrhari93cloverThrishvarshapanvoldemortmssj45ramadeviARSHI_FAN11asdfjklesmeralda111vtanMsIPKKNDManicnimra21Shoe127537MasimovsreeanshuoceansseaSu_Somerholiccadbury26TRND86anuprikasmarty94pri3loveTheDreamyKidvaish912khusharnavamv63barunxoxoDBZ-27nj.123samarablogcitiprathyusha120tobleronerevathysugathannarmathabiju21IPKKND001cutiepie_ashhashey12345abcdefgAmrita_12glitter5arshisimplearshiyakanishkapalaayanMeeshaalikamtokdinArshi200divya_divsPyewestNon-existentsanjuarshiFirst_Lightipkndlover75mojganSharuAGdair10arshiZeehanaloves_aishu..PT..celinawalterAish002ifsaal044DilLoveRomanceBavariAsvatisk2405greshuTirtharupaRandomGirlsrija.singh04--BumbleBee--dreamymayapink.lotus-daffodils-sini1234fatima2603saucechipsrockinggirl5ParshaRoshkolovemusicbluetajjoe_arhiOnlookerpurplelovebarunlovemultifacetedblue-eyeinspiringstarsshils28NeemsundariSunithe_breezesmiley13karismarhearuhirana5appy_12Arathy-VmsmarpleHonkytonkvidya.sanjaydesilover101maloseSphinxkaamchorniHADmishtimirnaliniAsmara.Perspectives.yongshinrichiiiiilatekatehuny.thebestvikadesigirlbushrayouRichie-RichNirjhor105sisgeocharlie1950spsharmilatanya_viNi_singhAnamika100archana.mh17..sur..OLGNESNoe123Dhara_s-shamima-AdorableTroublechubzy-Shobhu21-rosamaleN0306SA_nimk__blossom__Drwhoemistryleanne_1983momb24aycma98kushipuglyapoorvaarnavAbi.Nasegadjessjazzdaljeetarshy4everluvbugEnchantressIronButterflySS88Aruni.kclovearshiamus5Heavens_Flowercinerariashree10..mrinalini..AnarocksickKishmishsikhni_peepliriafnaLivingInPajamasMentalExoticaPrasaifrenzyyhad2buayshaomarcaskerzafiHot.Pink.HeelssmitarkvarshaKrishnaluv94serialwatcher16-memorable-blue_rose1605ashred12ninandsonia_92zooni.bluemechantefilleekdoteencharjakhushiFaithnFateamaypranayOmNaMaSteOmflowers4uhoneygrapetinselSillyPepperLyssaPieNewbiesoapfanopsyellowalicia.snoopy84amaiaKalyaaniRiima_Azraa.LadyHitler.pup03Madhuri53.DulcetSunshine Girlmishti_17dumasspvd

Go to top