Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Arhi FF: Kalarikkal House-2 [Thread 3 link posted] (Page 121)

-publicenemy- Senior Member
-publicenemy-
-publicenemy-

Posted: 23 August 2012 at 8:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by seoulbeats

I like Pallavi a lot. She is so insightful and collected at all times...She reminds me of the way Harry compared Dumbledore's gaze with an X-Ray machine.I really want her to end up with some good guy or else it will be just too...sad.

I think that Kashi has started to understand Arnav well...She knew that Arnav was getting uncomfortable at talking about Anjali and hence to cover up the awkwardness she left that parting remark.

Nothing like shared sorrows to help form a bond. :-)

PS-I think very soon I am going to run out of creative ways to say that the updates are awesome.LOL

Dumbledore... sigh*  

Edited by -publicenemy- - 23 August 2012 at 8:10pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Manseeseoulbeatsasimovlatekateserialwatcher16reflorated

Devika. IF-Dazzler
Devika.
Devika.

Posted: 23 August 2012 at 8:09pm | IP Logged
beautiful...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-

cmileyfreaky Senior Member
cmileyfreaky
cmileyfreaky

Posted: 23 August 2012 at 8:12pm | IP Logged
ahh, i love it when they bond. this chapter was so touching! i lost my sister too, so i really felt their pain.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Mansee-publicenemy-asimovlatekatekaamchornireflorated

-publicenemy-
-publicenemy-

Posted: 23 August 2012 at 8:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cmileyfreaky

ahh, i love it when they bond. this chapter was so touching! i lost my sister too, so i really felt their pain.

:(  

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

asimovlatekatereflorated

moomin4455 IF-Dazzler
moomin4455
moomin4455

Posted: 23 August 2012 at 9:49pm | IP Logged
The juxtaposition with which Kashi and Pallavi treat their deceased brother's belongings - with reverence almost - completely lies in contrast with Arnav's, "I burnt them" way. Yet both feel their loss so deeply and keenly...the memories are still there for both, doesn't matter whether there are no clothes or photos to touch...to see.

There are too many ghosts - too many intangible yet once vital or important connections at that house, like everyone who tread there before the current inhabitants - everyone who had some role to play (even Anjali's eyes perhaps!)  - have left their imprint. No wonder Arnav feels their weight at the thought of being alone - it would scare me! Or maybe it's because Arnav is a man?! Is the house cursed?!! 

Another recurring theme: what is reality and what is the result of perception? The latter can be made to certainly feel real, especially if there is consensus (normally among one's peers or society at large) on that perception. Which makes me wonder how a rational man rooted in logic like Arnav is slowly finding himself mired in the myths, curses and sorcery of the house. Because I think he's slowly sinking into the quagmire of it...just my opinion.

Love how Arnav cajoled Khushi in to feeling the one emotion she feels most comfortable with! Now if only she can find her own slice of shantam...

ETA: sorry for the long comment and if it doesn't completely make sense - I felt like mentally spewing tonight, but I'm tired too! Sleepy

Edited by moomin4455 - 23 August 2012 at 10:57pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Mansee-publicenemy-asimovlatekateswetha_chserialwatcher16Kalyaani

reflorated IF-Rockerz
reflorated
reflorated

Posted: 24 August 2012 at 6:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by moomin4455

The juxtaposition with which Kashi and Pallavi treat their deceased brother's belongings - with reverence almost - completely lies in contrast with Arnav's, "I burnt them" way. Yet both feel their loss so deeply and keenly...the memories are still there for both, doesn't matter whether there are no clothes or photos to touch...to see.

There are too many ghosts - too many intangible yet once vital or important connections at that house, like everyone who tread there before the current inhabitants - everyone who had some role to play (even Anjali's eyes perhaps!)  - have left their imprint. No wonder Arnav feels their weight at the thought of being alone - it would scare me! Or maybe it's because Arnav is a man?! Is the house cursed?!! 

Another recurring theme: what is reality and what is the result of perception? The latter can be made to certainly feel real, especially if there is consensus (normally among one's peers or society at large) on that perception. Which makes me wonder how a rational man rooted in logic like Arnav is slowly finding himself mired in the myths, curses and sorcery of the house. Because I think he's slowly sinking into the quagmire of it...just my opinion.

Love how Arnav cajoled Khushi in to feeling the one emotion she feels most comfortable with! Now if only she can find her own slice of shantam...

ETA: sorry for the long comment and if it doesn't completely make sense - I felt like mentally spewing tonight, but I'm tired too! Sleepy

Arnav didn't burn his sister's clothes because... well he wanted to. Some people feel grief too greatly, and grief reverts a man back to his baser instincts. Take me for example. When I am very sad, I close up, and generally make sure nobody comes around me when I am at my most vulnerable.

Similarly, Arnav's base instinct is that of selfishness. And this selfishness refused to let him see that his sister's eyes could actually help someone. That it was something his sister would have wanted, had she been their. Hence, he kicked up a storm in the hospital, with Kashi in line of sight. And it was in this fit of selfishness that made him burn his sister's clothes. Not because he wanted to be with her. To an extent, yes he wanted to die as well. But seeing that was not possible, he did the nest best thing. In his eyes, anyway. He made sure that his sister's memory remained untouched by other people.

Kashi and Pallavi, on the other hand treat their brothers clothes with a deference a devotee usually reserves for the deity.

You were right. Methods different, feelings same. Kind of like when Khushi and Mami wanted to avoid detection by the CCTV camera. Khushi was all practical and Mami... she well... she was mami.

I don't even know WHY I wanted to explain your point. Seriously, ignore if it doesn't make sense.

Love,
V

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Mansee-publicenemy-asimovlatekatepink.lotusswetha_chserialwatcher16

-publicenemy-
-publicenemy-

Posted: 24 August 2012 at 7:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by V323

Arnav didn't burn his sister's clothes because... well he wanted to. Some people feel grief too greatly, and grief reverts a man back to his baser instincts. Take me for example. When I am very sad, I close up, and generally make sure nobody comes around me when I am at my most vulnerable.

Similarly, Arnav's base instinct is that of selfishness. And this selfishness refused to let him see that his sister's eyes could actually help someone. That it was something his sister would have wanted, had she been their. Hence, he kicked up a storm in the hospital, with Kashi in line of sight. And it was in this fit of selfishness that made him burn his sister's clothes. Not because he wanted to be with her. To an extent, yes he wanted to die as well. But seeing that was not possible, he did the nest best thing. In his eyes, anyway. He made sure that his sister's memory remained untouched by other people.

Kashi and Pallavi, on the other hand treat their brothers clothes with a deference a devotee usually reserves for the deity.

You were right. Methods different, feelings same. Kind of like when Khushi and Mami wanted to avoid detection by the CCTV camera. Khushi was all practical and Mami... she well... she was mami.

I don't even know WHY I wanted to explain your point. Seriously, ignore if it doesn't make sense.

Love,
V

If Kashi cannot stand to see another man wear her brother's clothes (notwithstanding that the man is not exactly on her Favorite People list), then imagine what it is to see someone take your sibling's eyes (whatever the greater need maybe).  I don't know that we have to reach for selfishness to explain the phenomenon...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Manseelatekateswetha_chrefloratedserialwatcher16

-publicenemy-
-publicenemy-

Posted: 24 August 2012 at 8:01am | IP Logged

When is reality ever independent of perception.  Even when you try to isolate the two by the most stringent experimental methods, you still have to account for the fact that your ability to take in and process any experience is (whether it is as concrete as what a table feels like under your finger to something abstract as how you interpret the course of life), generally speaking, entirely defined by the parameters of your senses and your thinking.  Hence, it would be hard-pressed to make a case of how reality would ever be an entity completely separate from perception.  

But your point is well-taken... whose perception has merit ultimately determines many things. Even in your argument, there is this contradiction.  "Is the house cursed?"    and "how a rational man rooted in logic like Arnav is slowly finding himself mired in the myths, curses and sorcery of the house. Because I think he's slowly sinking into the quagmire of it...just my opinion."

How do you know which is which?  Is everything unexplained illogical?  How would you ever know except from your own experience?  And just because it's your own experience (and hence, your reality), does it make it other's experience (and thus, their reality)?

Just playing devil's advocate here instead of writing the next update Wink 

You guys keep discussing and maybe the next update will come to me reading all your wonderful debates... :)

-Devi

Edited by -publicenemy- - 24 August 2012 at 8:03am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Manseelatekateinspiringstars-Aarya-swetha_chserialwatcher16refloratedKalyaani

Go to top