Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Arhi FF: Kalarikkal House-2 [Thread 3 link posted] (Page 108)

sangeetha26 Newbie
sangeetha26
sangeetha26

Posted: 21 August 2012 at 4:47am | IP Logged

voila! I have transformed into the ideal reader now!

IF anybody has watched a classical dance performance they will realise how difficult it is to  do justice to all the 9 rasas.I love how u have linked the three characters to different rasas.
i woudn't have thought of arnav and shantham in the same breathe but you've managed to pull that off. Kashi's inability to portray fear resonates with her attitude to life,kudos for staying true to her initial character sketch and for subtly infusing it with more vibrance as the story progresses-coming of age finally!!!!!!!

-I am an indian living abroad,KH brings back memories of home.I dont know if you've been told this but it takes such fantastic writing to make the readers reminisce of their childhood and their country.The dusty roads, the village ponds,the grand but crumbling homes,the crinkly jhubas and the gods and the snakes-all play a part in tugging at the memories! You're quite an auteur!

-R.K.narayan wrote malgudi days in english.He wrote four books set in a fictional town called malgudi in karnataka.They were illustrated by his brother R.K.lakshman AND subsequently adapted for television in hindi.
Swamy and his friends is part of this quartet.It is iconic for all of those who grew up during the late 80s .Swamy is very like your nalan and you will love him.
Anant nag acted in some episodes of malgudi days [had such a crush on him,sigh!]. and girish karnad played swamy's dad.Read these books Devi,u'll love them.Try watching the series after u've read the books and the visuals will then blend in with the writing.works in this case!

Edited by sangeetha26 - 21 August 2012 at 4:47am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-citilatekateappy_12pink.lotusserialwatcher16refloratedKalyaani

3llie Groupbie
3llie
3llie

Posted: 21 August 2012 at 4:55am | IP Logged
I'm as far as you come from arts. And classical well I know nothing so when I started reading this chapter I was not sure what was going on.

But since you describe everything I started to understand and
I even got most of the emotions right or that's what I think maybe I'm all wrong

I love the fact tht this ff is still on and wasn't only 25 ch. as you originally intended

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-serialwatcher16

serialwatcher16 IF-Rockerz
serialwatcher16
serialwatcher16

Posted: 21 August 2012 at 5:42am | IP Logged
( Disclaimer - D, this comment is only for Latha and not to influence you/the author in any way)

Latha,

Just for the record, since you know my love for 'happily ever after's, in this story i very much want Arnav, Kashi and Nalan to live happily ever after. Big smile

Edited by serialwatcher16 - 21 August 2012 at 5:42am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

3llie-publicenemy-latekaterefloratedKalyaani

curiousbookworm Senior Member
curiousbookworm
curiousbookworm

Posted: 21 August 2012 at 5:45am | IP Logged
They are learning the nava rasas! Omg :) I learn them for Odissi! :D that is so exciting! You a bharatnatyam dancer by any chance or did you just do your research well?
Can't wait til anjali drama is revealed!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-reflorated

Abi.Na IF-Dazzler
Abi.Na
Abi.Na

Posted: 21 August 2012 at 5:46am | IP Logged
loved the navarasas...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-

bushrayou Goldie
bushrayou
bushrayou

Posted: 21 August 2012 at 5:47am | IP Logged
A girl should never ever go away knowing that you are continuing to write...

I swear I feel like I just missed some huge moments in my life while I missed 4 CHAPTERS!!

Chapter 27:
I think I needed some air at the end of that... my heart was lodged in my throat along with hers...
how can you show this playful side of him and not expect us to die and just sigh... damn woman that was seriously something else. I didn't know how to react to the picture you painted of the three of them playing in the kitchen.. I still don't have a reaction after re-reading it...

Chapter 28:
what are they doing to each other!! lol i wasn't too impressed with him claiming he will not bed her in this week... lol. Does she want him to? will she seduce him to? will he let her win? Will they ever have a conversation where they aren't so defensive?
 tragic maiden- but I swear to god she IS the tragic maiden... this place is tragic... life could not be filled with more moments of despair yet love than this place...

god... do touch her every single moment he gets...

Chapter 29:
yeah I have decided the way to my heart is through Nalan... if the other two didn't kill me than him with the boy will surely kill me. They bring legit tears to my eyes... there is nothing more beautiful than him being father-brother figure to this boy. If nothing else I feel like Nalan will save him. I think this place has changed him... taken him back...

ps- Harry Potter- could I love you more, I think it may be impossible!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-latekateserialwatcher16

bushrayou Goldie
bushrayou
bushrayou

Posted: 21 August 2012 at 5:54am | IP Logged
I love reading through the thread and finding out little details about the piece that I could not know or don't have the knowledge to know...

I feel like that was a significant chapter and only later will we find out...

Every reader brings so much here that I feel reading the comments themselves are a whole other part of your FF!

Love it!

My heart is getting this heavy feeling as chapters go on... not knowing their faith scares the shit out of me...

appy_12 Goldie
appy_12
appy_12

Posted: 21 August 2012 at 6:44am | IP Logged
Shaantham?? When their eyes are battling and dancing on their own, with emotions that sadly don't show on command.. That'll take some effort!

And was she reminded of her great aunt when she had to do Bhayanakam? Or perhaps someone who knows quite a bit about Lakshmi..

Hmm.. And Kalarikkal House is all this, you know.. One that brings Shaantham, that is Bhayanakam in its own weird sweet way, that brings Haasyam, a little bit of Roudram, when the internet isn't working(!), and altogether Aanandam! :-D

Go to top