Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Arhi FF: Kalarikkal House-2 [Thread 3 link posted] (Page 104)

-publicenemy- Senior Member
-publicenemy-
-publicenemy-

Posted: 20 August 2012 at 10:23pm | IP Logged

Chapter 30:  Navarasas

[Music Selection]

"Sringaram"  he heard Pallavi say as she plucked a chord on the veena placed in front of her.

Kashi turned around from the window.

Her hair was not in its usual braid and was hanging loose just as it had earlier in the day when he had run his fingers through its black long strands. 

She was wearing a cream-colored sari with a gold-border that was about an inch wide; he only noticed then that Pallavi too was wearing the same thing.

They looked quite striking and he stood somewhat hidden by the column where he had stopped when he had spotted them. 

He saw Kashi make an expression that bordered on coquettishness and looked at her with narrowed eyes.

"Veeram"  Pallavi called out as she pulled on another chord of her veena.

Kashi's expression changed… now it seemed much more like herself… intrepid

"Karunam"  Pallavi said now… another chord plucked on the veena.

By now he had figured out that this some sort of art-form, albeit one that he had little knowledge of.

He looked at the younger sister and saw her face change to one of sorrow.  It was quite different from how she had seemed after her dance that morning… when the sorrow had been true…

"Hasyam"  Pallavi said now.  Another reverberation on her veena.   This time, he just watched Kashi and saw her expression fluidly change to one of… humor?  It was proven true enough when she gave a side smile and winked.

He saw Pallavi raise an eyebrow and smile before she said, "Athu Sringaram.  Hasyam."  (That's Sringaram.  Show me Hasyam).

He saw Kashi close her eyes and when she opened them, the teasing was gone and only the humor remained.

He didn't know that the expression of affect could be so… precise

"Beebhatsam"  Pallavi said now, evidently the second attempt of the previous emotion gaining her approval.

Kashi responded by crinkling her nose and scrunching up her forehead in disgust.

"Adbutham"  came the next instruction with its cue from the veena.

She closed her eyes briefly as if to reset and then opened them widely in amazement.

"Bhayanakam"

The veena plucked.  A moment passed.  And then two.

"Bhayanakam"  Pallavi repeated when Kashi did not respond.

Kashi's face changed, but he could not understand the expression that came over her now.

She stopped her efforts after a moment and looked at Pallavi.

"Bhayanakam."  Pallavi repeated before a look of unadulterated fear came over her face.

Pallavi looked at Kashi as if to say 'Like this' and he saw Kashi try again, but for the life of her, she could not bring about the correct expression of fright.

Every time she thought she managed, it slipped almost immediately to something resembling anger.

"Roudram!"  Pallavi said now, loudly, finally allowing Kashi relief from her unsuccessful attempts.   

This one, she did with triumphant aplomb, and it was easy to guess what it was… Anger… It was clearly her forte.  He could vouch for that.

"Shaantam"  he heard after several moments and heard Kashi exhale in relief.

"Shaantam"  Pallavi said again.

"Ichechy athenne onnu kaanichu taa.  Enikkathichechy cheyyunna pole cheyyanariyilla"  (Show me that one, di.  I don't know how to do it like you do.)

Pallavi tilted her head and looked at Kashi for a moment. 

Without answering, she took the Veena onto her lap and ran her fingers over the entire length and Kashi sat down next to her, leaning back against the column just like he did every morning.

Pallavi started playing and he too sat down against the column that he had been leaning against until then.

The music started faster than her usual pieces and it took him a few minutes to realize that she was slowing down.  She played for another five minutes… that was all it took to put him in a trance.

"Shantam"  he heard Pallavi's voice at some point, which is when he realized that the music had stopped.

He opened his eyes and saw that Pallavi was looking right at him.

A moment later, Kashi too turned to look in his direction.

"Shantam"  Pallavi repeated, both women staring straight at him.

----------

The following 292 member(s) liked the above post:

anima_bahaduranukutty82Nehal_24MSA_SUDnehavashizil143maancrazyShini.Shiva86Rain_droprithuparnarachealkarthimanchilliesunderground1niccipriyakamkarInayaKhanbaby2012reluctantfanB2DB75vanesha230Pantheraoncasuganya91sofykhantomchi94princessep13cebelpalemsrs5683ipkkndbmishramdm2013rhtkumar672nanicaNishmadhuHemaSuryaAs2001nayana66vaishali09asdfzxcvghjklbnocean28irama1smricCrazyArshiFanTrueLoveIs4everPagliTitliArshinmesuzuki-PoisonIvysuranGr8tymsPriyasha890fairycakepriya_raothersunshineswirlsocrazymandhruvet_tu_achufanfollowermssravyakp123twinkle662xxSassyxxpwinchipesshaasmi123Apsara1farhacassimvmppmistletoe22Black_beautydiotimathouhidagagsyprayasbanetta10kasturi11Manseelilyattitudehowardr075armadcuppycake11AG_asmalighteningnutssavvzpasarisjoa123ChocoDamonnikipukiPoonamTbhakbhartifanMaankiMariam-Shalu-curiousbookwormhamini_yashspongebobchickamritabmak3mesmileDreamer-89kethgauthami1pulu1995Neha07cmileyfreakygayatri_yisssvoldemortsomeoneipkday_lilysoniachammuappy111arhifrvrhari93cloverThrishshona_sanjusmarty94pri3lovemetitaliyanimra21Shoe12asimovSim1234sreeanshuoceansseaesmeralda111nj.123vaish912khusharnavTheDreamyKidbarunxoxoIPKKND001cutiepie_ashhashey12345abcdefgtobleronerevathysugathanduncaneliseArshi200Meeshaaliarshiyakanishkashona136glitter5arshisimplesanjuarshidivya_divsPyewestdair10arshiMirabellFirst_Lightipkndlover75VarshaPrettymojganAish002..PT..BavariTirtharupaAsvatisk2405srija.singh04saucechips--BumbleBee--sini1234fatima2603Shweta1691dreamymayapink.lotusOnlookerrockinggirl5RoshkolovemusicbluetajParshamultifaceted..Kritz..sslmay11inspiringstarsshils28rhearuhikaamchornithe_breezesmiley13V3OdSunikarismaappy_12rana5HADmishtimeem17maloseSphinxHonkytonkvidya.sanjaymsmarpleAsmara.mirnalininiru273latekatehuny.thebestnomad.nesstanya_viNi_singhspsharmilabushrayouvikadesigirlNirjhor105Richie-RichOLGNESNoe123Dhara_ssparikh-shamima-febinyusuffAdorableTroubleAnamika100archana.mh17-Shobhu21-sparklystarstudswetha_chSA_nimkN0306shijinareneeshemistrymomb24aycma98Drwhosegadmoomin4455__blossom__leanne_1983kushipuglyapoorvaarnavlastdesirelakraj80jessjazzcupcake-daljeetarshy4everluvbugSS88EnchantressIronButterflyAruni.kclovearshiamus5Heavens_Flowernadiafarjanacineraria..mrinalini..ShikhaKhushiriafnaKishmishsikhni_LivingInPajamasPrasaifrenzyy-happilyunknownzafiHot.Pink.Heelssmitarayshaomarhad2bucaskersoapsudskvarshaserialwatcher16-memorable-saomomamaypranaymelonieashred12ninandsonia_92ekdoteencharzooni.bluemechantefilleflowers4uOmNaMaSteOmhoneygrapetinselSillyPepperLyssaPieNewbiesoapfansnoopy84alicia.Riima_AzraaKalyaani.LadyHitler.pup03.DulcetMadhuri53mishti_17dumasSunshine GirlspvdMysticRiver

Kalyaani IF-Sizzlerz
Kalyaani
Kalyaani

Posted: 20 August 2012 at 10:25pm | IP Logged
La di daaa it's me again...
~Edit~

One does not have to be a Bharata Natyam dancer to understand how to express "Shantam" it gets mirrored on ones face when they feel it. Arnav was at peace listening to her play that calming piece on her Veena.

Shantam indeed...

Edited by Kalyaani - 20 August 2012 at 10:48pm

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

Manseeasmi123-PoisonIvy-publicenemy-oceansseaasdfjklRichie-Richpink.lotuslatekatebushrayoutanya_vi-shamima-swetha_chKishmishserialwatcher16ekdoteenchar

ninand IF-Rockerz
ninand
ninand

Posted: 20 August 2012 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
are you f*king with us!... i can kill you right now.

Edited by ninand - 20 August 2012 at 11:14pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-barunxoxolatekatekaamchorniKishmishserialwatcher16shree10Kalyaani

-PoisonIvy Groupbie
-PoisonIvy
-PoisonIvy

Posted: 20 August 2012 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
The nava rasas! LOL Loved that bit about that expression being Sringaram and not hasyam! ;) Shantam being repeated had a poignancy to it!

And they're wearing kasavu sarees!! So am I! :D The Onam spirit is in the air here in Kerala. Today being Athachamayam! :)

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Thrish-publicenemy-pink.lotustanya_viNirjhor105latekateserialwatcher16KishmishKalyaani

reflorated IF-Rockerz
reflorated
reflorated

Posted: 20 August 2012 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
R

At first, I didn't know WHAT was going on, but then I realised that they are practising facial expressions. How beautifully you put this Devi, the way she got every emotion buhh fear, right.

Sorry- but what did the last word mean? Again, I hate not knowing Malyalam, or for that matter any form of Indian classical :(

Love,
V

Edited by V323 - 21 August 2012 at 4:29am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Thrish-publicenemy-barunxoxolatekateserialwatcher16Kishmish

lakraj80 IF-Dazzler
lakraj80
lakraj80

Posted: 20 August 2012 at 10:36pm | IP Logged
Beautiful. I too knew roudram would be easy for our very own kashi!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-latekateserialwatcher16Kalyaani

SansShyam Senior Member
SansShyam
SansShyam

Posted: 20 August 2012 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
oh my god..i can't understand what's happening...these emotional swings and mood swings are kind of too much for me. i dunno..i feel very foolish...perhaps i'm not up to the standard to read this... Confused i can't ever guess what next update is gonna be...and i dont get where it flows...but one thing i know definitely..u'd always amaze us with your wonderful writing all the time with..lavender, before i fall again or k house..Clap

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-latekateserialwatcher16Kishmish

ninand IF-Rockerz
ninand
ninand

Posted: 20 August 2012 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
.. the rage Arnav felt towards her sorceress.. its beating in me right now, like i only just understood what he felt then... every last bit of it.

Edited by ninand - 20 August 2012 at 11:14pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Mansee-PoisonIvy-publicenemy-latekateserialwatcher16KishmishKalyaani

Go to top