Arhi FF: Kalarikkal House-2 [Thread 3 link posted] - Page 81

Posted: 11 years ago
Beautiful :D Love how inculcate small shades of traditions and cultures into the story, and weave out completely different concepts. Great work <3
beyond the arnav kushi n the storyline,u bring in many extra interesting elements,wich leaves us at 'albudham' expression.n this one of navarasas was also one of them.

loved it tht kushi cudnt show bayanakam...yes her face shud nvr display it.

n shaantham tht is definitely pallavi's.roudram wich she cud do well n his thots abt it was lol.

the hasyam part also i felt something in the heart.cant name wat i felt wen i imagined tht scene of she closing the eyes n bringing hasyam at the nxt try.

awesome update
I have to say I just caught up on the story (have been out of town and so busy I couldn't use the internet) and I just love the way you write. 

The way you describe every seen and the environment, it really does make the reader travel to a whole new location. It's so easy to imagine everything going on and just see it before your eyes. You truly are a beautiful writer

I'm trying to completely understand the significance of her not being able to express the "unadulterated fear" and I'm assuming it might be because Kashi herself doesn't want to allow herself to feel that way? So she can't put herself completely into showing that emotion on her face

I love how the Pallavi playing the Veena brings an absolute calm over Arnav, a calm that Kashi can't seem achieve. The way you had Kashi ask Pallavi to show her how to do "Shaantam" was perfection, it told the reader how Kashi couldn't find peace and she was asking her sister how to achieve it

I absolutely love the story - it's very different (literally) from anything else I've even seen on IF
Edited by asdfjkl - 11 years ago
so pallavi knows that  he feels peace when he listens to her veena.. and is showing kaveri that he indeed does have a "peaceful" face. it is not always turbulence and thunder, sometimes it is the stillness and peace that hit you the most..

thanks for expressing that so beautifully.
wonderful update, even if it was so short.👏

now let me go find my own "shaantam"
i really dont know what you want me to write... fukk... what do u want me to feel when i finish reading? multitudes of emotions are raging within me... there is this churning going on in my belly after every chapter...

both sisters looking at arnav for 'shantam'... the peace when he is listening to her veena... pallavi knew he was there...

he knew that her (kashi's) sorrow was real when she danced and cried! and when she expressed it as an expression he knew it was fake... i don't think he realizes he can read her so well.. he just reads her like its second nature...

i wonder how explosive its going to be when they both finally realize the depth of their feelings...

i want to love u but i want to hate you as well... why do u write like this and take me to another realm altogether? ughhh
how khushish... :)
cudn't project fear... :D
shantam... was the best... pallavi knows...
The navarasa... I am trying to pin what am I feeling right now :)
Glad that he feels veeram is her expression and ofcourse raudram. Good that bhayanakam is not her. And he achieves shantam, even if thanks to Pallavi and her veena, and that is an immense gain for the man.
Random thought, but I had to share. when I read Kashi asking her sister to show her peace, and how Pallavi turns to Arnav. Its so piognant, this point.

Kashi is all fire and ice. Moderation does not exist in her dictionary. She loves and hates with equal passion. Pallavi on the other hand is the ice queen. Not everybody can slip past the cold, unattatched temperament. Pallavi is at peace. With the world, with herself. Kashi always wants more. Always.

Arnav on the other hand, is a perfect mix of being satisfied with what he has, yet unsatisfied. He is satisfied with the power money brings him. So, in a way- the quality of the money...he has no problem with. But when it comes to the quantity of the money, he is like King Midas. He always wants gold, and the more the merrier.

I have a feeling that the future updates will show Kashi being unsatisfied with the un-rest in her soul. And she will turn to her sister for help, but in the end- it will be Arnav who will douse water on the fire and blowtorch the ice, in her soul. Because he is a person who has a bit of both in him. And experience is the best teacher. And since he has already gone through the fire and the ice, he will be the best person to see where Kashi is coming from. And he will help her skate over the vulnerability, and rise with the strength.

Again, this is just what I interpreted. And frankly, it doesn't even make sense. It can be wrong, you know? Tell me what you think?

Love,
V

voila! I have transformed into the ideal reader now!

IF anybody has watched a classical dance performance they will realise how difficult it is to  do justice to all the 9 rasas.I love how u have linked the three characters to different rasas.
i woudn't have thought of arnav and shantham in the same breathe but you've managed to pull that off. Kashi's inability to portray fear resonates with her attitude to life,kudos for staying true to her initial character sketch and for subtly infusing it with more vibrance as the story progresses-coming of age finally!!!!!!!

-I am an indian living abroad,KH brings back memories of home.I dont know if you've been told this but it takes such fantastic writing to make the readers reminisce of their childhood and their country.The dusty roads, the village ponds,the grand but crumbling homes,the crinkly jhubas and the gods and the snakes-all play a part in tugging at the memories! You're quite an auteur!

-R.K.narayan wrote malgudi days in english.He wrote four books set in a fictional town called malgudi in karnataka.They were illustrated by his brother R.K.lakshman AND subsequently adapted for television in hindi.
Swamy and his friends is part of this quartet.It is iconic for all of those who grew up during the late 80s .Swamy is very like your nalan and you will love him.
Anant nag acted in some episodes of malgudi days [had such a crush on him,sigh!]. and girish karnad played swamy's dad.Read these books Devi,u'll love them.Try watching the series after u've read the books and the visuals will then blend in with the writing.works in this case!
Edited by sangeetha26 - 11 years ago
I'm as far as you come from arts. And classical well I know nothing so when I started reading this chapter I was not sure what was going on.

But since you describe everything I started to understand and
I even got most of the emotions right or that's what I think maybe I'm all wrong

I love the fact tht this ff is still on and wasn't only 25 ch. as you originally intended