Arhi FF: Kalarikkal House-2 [Thread 3 link posted] - Page 65

Posted: 11 years ago
Oh what a delightful and heartwarming update! Arnav and Nalan working together to bring a smile on Kashi's face made me smile. Lovely piece of writing as always Devi! 
Originally posted by Happy-go-lucky

thanks...

Motta is actually 'egg' in malayalam. We refer to a fully bald person as 'motta' too..but here ,when Kashi calls Nalan,'eda motte'..its just a term of endearment..shows her mock anger as well as her affection and love for the boy.
 Ladies, tried to translate 'Pathirayo pagalai'..but definitely don't think that I've done any justice to the beautiful lyrics..well,here it goes..

Female version
---------------------
Kaarmukilil pidanjunarum thulaminnalaayi nee..
Vaathilukal thurannadayum nilaa naalamaayi nee..

In the first line,she feels that her lover is like the lightening in a stormy,cloudy sky and then she compares him to soft moonlight.

vivashamentho kaathiruthum alasametho maunamarnnum
vivashalolam kathiruthum alasametho maunamayi
parayatharinju naam..

She says that,they understand each other so well that they don't need to vocalise their feelings.Their silence speaks volumes.

Paathirayo pakalai, mullukalo malarayi,
priyaamukhamaam nadiyil,neendiyalayum mizhikal...

Beautiful lyrics...She's a woman in love..bathed in euphoria, she feels
like.. the midnight has become daylight...thorns have changed into flowers...can't take her eyes off his face..compares her eyes to fish and his face to a river...

Male Version
------------------

Thumanjum theeyavunnu,nilaavil nee varillengil
ororo mathrayum oro yugam,nee povukil

Even ice would burn me like fire,if you won't come to me..
every single second would feel like a century,if you leave me..

ee nenjil kinaavaalum chirathayi nee thilangumbol
oro suhasavum oro dalam,nee poovanam

you are like a beautiful lamp shedding light into my heart..you are like a garden and with you,by my side... life is beautiful..

Hope this helped๐Ÿ˜Š
Oh wow . . ๐Ÿ˜
When she called him & he told her to call him by his name. . .I am falling in love with them again
& that morning fun with the flour along with Nalan ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. . .such a simple but beautiful update.Especialy loved the way they're getting rid of their initial hatred & slowly falling for eachother ๐Ÿ˜
Originally posted by tanya_vi

Ladies, tried to translate 'Pathirayo pagalai'..but definitely don't think that I've done any justice to the beautiful lyrics..well,here it goes..[BR][BR]Female version[BR]---------------------[BR]Kaarmukilil pidanjunarum thulaminnalaayi nee..[BR]Vaathilukal thurannadayum nilaa naalamaayi nee..[BR][BR]<font color="#0000FF">In the first line,she feels that her lover is like the lightening in a stormy,cloudy sky and then she compares him to soft moonlight.</font>[BR][BR]vivashamentho kaathiruthum alasametho maunamarnnum[BR]vivashalolam kathiruthum alasametho maunamayi[BR]parayatharinju naam..[BR][BR]<font color="#0000FF">She says that,they understand each other so well that they don't need to vocalise their feelings.Their silence speaks volumes.[BR]</font>[BR][BR]Paathirayo pakalai, mullukalo malarayi,[BR]priyaamukhamaam nadiyil,neendiyalayum mizhikal...[BR]<font color="#0000FF">[BR]Beautiful lyrics...She's a woman in love..bathed in euphoria, she feels [BR]like.. the midnight has become daylight...thorns have changed into flowers...can't take her eyes off his face..compares her eyes to fish and his face to a river...</font>[BR][BR]Male Version[BR]------------------[BR][BR]Thumanjum theeyavunnu,nilaavil nee varillengil[BR]ororo mathrayum oro yugam,nee povukil[BR][BR]<font color="#0000FF">Even ice would burn me like fire,if you won't come to me..[BR]every single second would feel like a century,if you leave me..</font>[BR][BR]ee nenjil kinaavaalum chirathayi nee thilangumbol[BR]oro suhasavum oro dalam,nee poovanam[BR][BR]<font color="#0000FF">you are like a beautiful lamp shedding light into my heart..you are like a garden and with you,by my side... life is beautiful..</font>[BR][BR]Hope this helped[:)][BR]

Oh god,I love this song especially the music.When it was released I kepr singing this & drove my friends & family crazy [:D]
I read this in today's edition of the Hindu Magazine and just had to share cause I was immediately reminded of this story -

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-features/tp-sundaymagazine/article3793811.ece

There were a couple more pictures in the print edition with one of them featuring a pond too ;)

Life's been a bitch lately hence been unable to catch up on the updates.. Off to do that now! :)
Firstly, hope you had a great vacation and its great to have you back! :)

Wow. I could picturise Kashi's break down and her dance in front of my eyes the way you described it. And thank you for the link to the original video. Though I have heard it many times recently thanks to all the singing reality shows that dwell on rendition of such classics, the originals are a class apart! The music had a life and soul of it own and it would ensure that your flowed with it.

Amazing update! They are slowly being confronted with different facets of the other. But I don't know if slow is the right word. We are only on the second day right? :)
Dance, music and all forms of art for that matter allow uninhibited expression of emotions and feelings depending on the artist. And Kashi now uses it to vent hers.

There is a thin line between superstition and genuine belief. But fear of death makes people believe the strangest things. it saddens me that she is resigning herself to the fact that they are losing the house. Loved reading about the talented siblings. I could totally imagine their, for the lack of a better word, jamming sessions.

Nalan is an absolute sweetheart. He seems to get more and more endearing with each passing update! I half thought she would say a Puli kutti would come. But then we have a "Singh" in the house. Do tigers and lions mate? ;)

I love how she is figuring him out, adding up all her observations. And the scene in the kitchen. So poignant, coming after all that she has realised. Brilliant!
Playing holi with flour. One loaded comment. One moment of distraction in response to the comment and the man making it, who goes onto tickle her and carry her around. Whew! Her emotional graph must have taken some toll from the start of the day! Definitely warrants a few minutes under a cold shower or in this case under water? :)

The scene was so beautifully described. Nalan being his mischievous self. His bonding with Arnav is really a treat to read! That picture of his does do justice to the image I had in mind.

Nithya Menon? In that avatar? More blast from the past coming up? :)

Can't wait for the next update D! :)

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.