Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

segad thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
OK I read it again and it still takes my breath away.  Incredible story, incredible writing.  astounding characters.

snoopy84 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Great updates dont know if Arnav got scared but i got chills when i read the line about believing in ghost. That was real tragic about Payal and what people now say.
lakraj80 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hey devi, loved it loved it! I loved shobhana's pics. Somehow reminded me off manichitrathazhu!! Great work! I think arnav baby is gonna run for his life! Btw I have been stalking this big time and it was like a treat for me to see 2 updates!!! Thank u thank u!
lakraj80 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Devi a big hug to u from me even though ur scaring the hell out of me!! I now thing even kashi's is a ghost!!!! Was Tht Lakshmi whom he saw?? Was there a ghost actually! Oh god hope I don't go insane!!! I think i will go mad waiting for ur updates!!! Pls pls update soon! Thanks.
dreamymaya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Hey..loved the update :-) the Arnav -kaashi intimacy n he trying to broaden her perspective..that's cool...you bring out the unrealized feelings out well..amazing..why did I get this feeling of Arnav had something to do with the accident...I hope not...business men can be ruthless ...hmm letz wait n c :-)
Krishnaluv94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
For Chapter 21-

Creepy much? The way his past and present kind of blended in was sort of scary. I had goosebumps. I love how Kashi just walks into his room and close the door. Infernal place, huh? You ain't seen nothing yet, Arnav. When Arnav asked Kashi about the woman, I felt an inkling that maybe he was seeing things. 

I loved the update! 
Krishnaluv94 thumbnail
For Chapter 22-

What the.. Why does he always grab her? What's up with you, Arnav?! I love Kashi! Oh snap! I was reading and commenting, side-by-side; but I started reading their convo and couldn't stop. That was amazing! I don't even know what to write..

D, you are brilliant! I cannot wait to read more! Thank you so much for the updates! 
napstermonster thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 7
This is my take on the whole man-eater thing--what is so wrong with the label? When women are in a position of utter and abject powerlessness--their father, their brother, their home, their prospects of a life beyond these decaying walls have all been removed from their control--when everything is taken away, what is left is exactly one thing-image, and perception.

Khushi clings to the concept of their lineage, but to me,  this one is so much more useful to have, as young nubile women basically unprotected in rural India! Man Eaters, Manglik-- these terms make  the sisters actually dangerous, and not just vulnerable--it is a powerful restorer of their image. And if the image is dangerous, if it is a ward against the evils of the lusting men just outside K House...why should the label be termed as negative?

I feel for Kashi, and for her sister. But somehow, both have come across as creatures of magic well before this whole tragic fated spin on who they can and cannot be with. I cannot see them as the ordinary women who will cook and clean and know how to tend to a regular man's little home.

The term man-eater, too, is loaded--i wonder if you used it deliberately as opposed to the much more common image of the feminine seductive charmer?

Because both these women are..well, they aren't ordinary, are they? Everything about them is a little bit..extra. Their poverty is heightened, their beauty if unreal, their lives are on the extreme edge. Be it romance, attraction, or tragedy--they don't live by half measures, so their men can either rise to that extra dimension like Arnav is doing, or die into meek oblivion like Pallavi's accident prone fiance did.

Because for me, Pallavi is just as magical, right? The magical veena music, the power of the tune/playing that wove through ASR's mind some chapters back,? Its not a normal reaction to music by a pragmatic businessman, and hers was not a normal hand on a veena. 

And now, we have, aside from her natural extra-ordinariness, the snake protected vedic- cursed Kashi.

Neither are the normal women you take home to mother. Both are imbued with the tragedy of their bloodline, and both have grown up in a way where they cannot really be true, normal mates to normal men. Educated in subjects that are...different, behaving in a manner that is at once unnaturally submissive (to daddy dearest) and ferociously masculine...They cannot make a normal man feel..normal.

So they ARE man-eaters--because no ordinary man can just show up and claim such extraordinary women. Isn't that, it itself a kind of power?

Edited by napstermonster - 11 years ago
asimov thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow what a village!!!Pallavi losing her future husband days before her wedding-and instead of supporting her as they should have...the villagers have tagged her as a man eater. I always admired the strength of Kashi but the more I know about her and her past...I feel I admire her whole personna...and now I definitely admire her whole family. What tragedies they had to live through.
Arnav and Kashi keep playing mind games with each other and I keep laughing at them- however I have a strong feeling that Arnav has started leaning more on Kashi that he even realizes it. He is getting sucked into a whole Universe which he is not aware of and he is taking his guidance from Kashi who is the guide from hell.He is up for some ride!!!!! And I am in love with them.😍
Krishnaluv94 thumbnail
I hate thinking about commenting something; and then, by the time I catch up with all the comments, I forget it.