India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Madhuri changes script: Makes son younger brother

Lord_Voldemort Goldie
Lord_Voldemort
Lord_Voldemort

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 5:08pm | IP Logged
In an industry where 40-plus heroines making a comeback are considered to be at a disadvantage (even as 40-plus heroes continue to romance increasingly younger actresses),Madhuri Dixit seems to be rewriting the rules.

Director Soumik Sen's next, Gulab Gang,which is being billed as Madhuri's comeback film,which is about a vigilante group of female activists,has been turned into a veritable one-woman army,with Madhuri calling the shots all the way.So much so,her role,originally written as that of a 45-plus gang leader with a grown-up son has been altered to accommodate a younger brother instead.

Apparently,Madhuri didn't want to get typecast into the 'mother' bracket at this stage of her career.Never mind the fact that even actresses of the stature of Waheeda Rehman have faced premature motherhood in films like Phagun,that too in the prime of her career.

A source close to the film told TOI"Madhuriji is virtually the gang leader,not just on screen but also behind the scenes.From the minute she was signed,she took over.She didn't want to play a mother to an adult son.So the role has been altered to her liking.Her son is now her kid-brother."

And,it doesn't end there.We hear the script has undergone such a drastic change that the other woman protagonist's role,which was as strong as Madhuri's to begin with,has now been reduced to a mere shadow of its original self.

Our source revealed,"The drama in Gulab Gang was centred on the conflict between Madhuri's character and a powerful woman politician,who takes her on.In the first draft of the script,before Madhuri was roped in,the other woman protagonist had five to six powerful scenes.However,in the second draft after Madhuri was signed,most of the scenes were either removed or reduced is now virtually a one-woman show."

Apparently,the once-powerful female politician's role was offered to the likes of Raveena Tandon,Tabu,Rani Mukerji and Vidya Balan but all of them said they had virtually nothing to do in the film after reading the script.
One of the actresses on condition of anonymity,revealed,"Initially,the script had a lot of meat for both the gang leader and the female politician.Once Madhuri stepped in to play the gang leader,the other role became negligible.The dramatic conflict is now missing.And poor Soumik has little choice except to quietly deal with the changes to the best of his abilities."

Amrita Singh,who is also rumoured to have been approached for the politician's role,did not respond when we tried to contact her.Attempts to contact producer Anubhav Sinha,Madhuri and her business manager remained without success.

While Soumik remained unavailable for comment,his friend called to say,"Soumik is no position to say anything.It has taken him four years to get Gulab Gang going.At one point, Aamir Khan had read the script and loved it.But finally,it's Anubhav Sinha who's agreed to produce the film.Soumik wouldn't like to mess up his chance.I hope you understand." We aren't sure we do.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Madhuri-changes-the-script-in-her-comeback-film/articleshow/15348885.cms?

Edited by Ms.Reddy - 05 August 2012 at 5:09pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

..Naina..YusBeeTerenaina

MadhuriDixit IF-Rockerz
MadhuriDixit
MadhuriDixit

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 9:03pm | IP Logged
omg just as i was reading this i was thinking this has to be from times of india and sure enough when i get to the end its a link for times of india. they have some sort of vendetta agains madhuri. they always make up wierd things and almost every article of theirs says very negative things about her... i dont trust them at all. i can understand the son being made into the brother , but her trying to take over the whole film seems a little ridiculous, and  its not like other actors or actresses dont have any input into their films. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Rekha_jiMizz_Sunshin3Nkapoor3TheRager

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
^^^True. First the rumours of wanting to dance at bars on New Year's Eve, then getting prime land for free in Mumbai and now changing scripts. I wonder what will be next. Ermm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MadhuriDixit

-koiza- IF-Sizzlerz
-koiza-
-koiza-

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
hope she doesnot make it another "aaja nachle"
she seems mature enough to realise that the" ek do teem" audience or "dhak dhak" ones are not there anyone, time has changed, star-power has changed, preferences have changed. So hopefully she wont do the same mistake again as aaja nachle, the second lead role should be played by a current super-star and should be equally strong if she wants the movie to work (vidya should be there)

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ronaldinhaLemonycs-07Kai.eraser

lentils IF-Dazzler
lentils
lentils

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 8:39am | IP Logged
i like madhuri but how many more times is she going to "comeback"

Lemonyboredsoulcs-07Sunshine797

New_nova IF-Rockerz
New_nova
New_nova

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 8:50am | IP Logged

Don't think madhuri would do like this.

Rekha_ji IF-Dazzler
Rekha_ji
Rekha_ji

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 10:35am | IP Logged
I bet Sridevi is the ghost-writer at Times Of India

monu_tanYusBee.khoobsurat.TheRager

pakeezah IF-Rockerz
pakeezah
pakeezah

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MadhuriDixit

omg just as i was reading this i was thinking this has to be from times of india and sure enough when i get to the end its a link for times of india. they have some sort of vendetta agains madhuri. they always make up wierd things and almost every article of theirs says very negative things about her... i dont trust them at all. i can understand the son being made into the brother , but her trying to take over the whole film seems a little ridiculous, and  its not like other actors or actresses dont have any input into their films. 

same here. you can always tell rag mags from their articles.
when they keep praising the same people undeservedly and
print ugly stories about others repeatedly, you know these are
rotten apples. either getting paid by rivals or didnt get their
palms greased.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MadhuriDixitTheRager

Go to top