Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Understanding The Craze - A debate (Page 7)

Rockerchic IF-Rockerz
Rockerchic
Rockerchic

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by CravingKhana

Fan Fantic..depends on perspective and time does it not...
</div>
there would have been a time in a not so distant past...where i would say watching a telly show tat too onlineand then logging on to a forum to argue the toss and take it apart.. for hours on end...was fanatical..that too...a show that is ermmm leaves alot to be desired...
but here I am and now such judgements would be self defecating would it not...
its a whole different world out here and folks from diff walks of life..and at diff stages...so to be judging someone...very young who goes all scream when a more than average looking man is given a very manly aura...or a person who sees virtues that are not visible to my eye would make me less than the person i aim to be...
so yes while i dont understand the gushing or the OMG's...and have never beeen one to fall over myself over someone i very hightly regard or am taken witheven in my teen years...i am learning to be tolerant and not brand anyone by my perceptions of thier behaviour...

<div>oops meant to edit myself ...but i amd quting never mind just add to your trp ...(non legitimate...but who am i to fight the norm)...
any reason why Rockerchick speaks in the 3rd person...
(oof its catchy)

I do understand craze. A little too much in fact. I am a huge Tennis fan and there used to be a point when I avoided normal chores when my favourite lost. But as the lovely person above us pointed out, I was young and juvi. Now I can say I have contained my insanity within me. That I think is maturity. (in a very loose sense of the word ofc, LOL

Yes it's okay to have phases. But there is something as going one step too far.

As for the whole 3rd person thing, it's a pathelogical need to embrace the alter ego. LOL

Edited by Rockerchic - 06 August 2012 at 12:19am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

charlotte74nonasi

CravingKhana IF-Sizzlerz
CravingKhana
CravingKhana

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rockerchic

there would have been a time in a not so distant past...where i would say watching a telly show tat too onlineand then logging on to a forum to argue the toss and take it apart.. for hours on end...was fanatical..that too...a show that is ermmm leaves alot to be desired...
its a whole different world out here and folks from diff walks of life..and at diff stages...so to be judging someone...very young who goes all scream when a more than average looking man is given a very manly aura...or a person who sees virtues that are not visible to my eye would make me less than the person i aim to be...
so yes while i dont understand the gushing or the OMG's...and have never beeen one to fall over myself over someone i very hightly regard or am taken witheven in my teen years...i am learning to be tolerant and not brand anyone by my perceptions of thier behaviour...

oops meant to edit myself ...but i amd quting never mind just add to your trp ...(non legitimate...but who am i to fight the norm)...
(oof its catchy)

I do understand craze. A little too much in fact. I am a huge Roger Federer fan and there used to be a point when I avoided normal chores when he lost. But as the lovely person above us pointed out, I was young and juvi. Now I can say I have contained my insanity within me. That I think is maturity. (in a very loose sense of the word ofc, LOL

As for the whole 3rd person thing, it's a pathelogical need to embrace the alter ego. LOL

lovely person above us...are you alluding to the GOD particle...or mortal...LOL

re going too far..the fine line etc...my grand question... whose to say where that line is ...and how far is far...
i am secretively typing past midnight even inmy books i have step far...Big smile

embracing the alter ego...ahh...gives so that much needed latitude...

charlotte74nonasi

Rockerchic IF-Rockerz
Rockerchic
Rockerchic

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Brinjal

A much needed post, especially when THE one thing
becomes the centrifugal force in your life, starts high jacking your normal
thought patterns and corrupts it with just manifesting itself all over your
mind, blurring away the other REAL aspects of life. And each time
you happen to get a little away from it ..the force acting
on you gets you back to the 'rhythm of madness'.

<h2>I have not
made many posts here, but I couldn't resist this topic, as it is according to
me it's the need of the hour. And I am very happy to note in all this
insanity...sanity seems to coexist... </h2>
<h2>Liking a
show is fine, loving the lead character is fine, also having a likinging -ness towards the real actors is fine and then the
scenario changes here - going a step further in today's boundary-less techy
world.. following a show, liking, discussing,
analaysing, friendly banters, meeting like - minded people, getting you the
Indian connect, writing fan fiction, making sleek VM's is all what
today's social networking sites makes it possible for you - express yourself - to put it simply - CREATIVE, CONNECT , FUN. And till this level
you could possibly call yourself a FAN.But as all things has its PROS AND THE CONS and too much of anything is detrimental to one's
health,or be it the mind, body or the spirit !!!!
</h2>

All the problem starts with any kind of obsession -from
mild to wildest..you have already entered the territory of Fanaticism -knowingly
or unknowingly .any form of fanaticism is harmful whether for self (like spending too
much time itself) or targeting others..then THE thing
start's driving you

Mild to Wildest

When you spend unearthly hours making and
reading posts, watching repeat videos of the show, prioritizing this show over
many other pressing matters or the daily routine itself, start mincing each and
every track, dissecting each and every move of the lead actors, slamming the
support ones, calling names, sending hate mails, using abusive language, call
writers , CVs, PH names, stating this soap should never end, start comparing
your prospective husband and existing ones to Arnav and Barun !!!???? Comparing
the lead actors' with real life partners is all treading into sickness
zone.I love Rabave between the lead but I am unable to understand the fanatic
frenzy
when a adorable male actor goes shirtless??? What is it
? I thought men and women were from different planets..

Are we not here just too SMITTEN ( to the power
of infinity) with our own PERCEPTION!!! What is the reality here ???!!!!!! I am
not here for one instant questioning about how good Sanaya or Barun as a human
being really are ??? But I what I want to point out here is our 'pure
perception'
something that exists only in our 'minds'</i>..based on only what we have been told and shown selectively..not even...experienced...it is all a mind game !!!! Our mind is attracted to the fantasy
that we have imagined for ourselves and the hook here is IPKKND!!!

But I am sure even the creators of the hook are not
only just laughing mad on us with our afflicted 'irrational behaviour' but
we are also terribly 'scaring' them mad with our 'raging' discussions and
many-er times acid tongued harsh feedbacks lashed at the writers , creatives, directors, production house!!!!! And
this 'scaring' can be influencing even on them too , including the lead
actors...especially when you are micro detailing their moves and chemistry
(assuming they are keeping a tab of every move of ours)' .Also
one has to understand that it's not a FILM which usually has a
shorter shelf life, proclaimed hit or fail and done with ..here
in a SOAP we are talking about day in and day out programming, stretching the
successful one's into yeas , the incredulous time spent on it.. to
give our daily fix ..for both the creators, actors and the viewers...it
slowly starts (or atleast has the potential to) working on our systems and
minds...but I guess the maturity and the onus really lies on us whether to make
it a nice refreshing Cuppa of Coffee or daily shot of Heroin.!!!
Then that's called dangerous living! Whatever we do - the choice is 'ours' and that
affects , impacts you and others in this ecosystem
..!!!

P.S: Views expressed are just my own, we all have a right to have our views and face the consequences !!!
<i>

One would argue that w/o having something to craze about, life is rather dull. But as you said- Draw the line!

Don't let your obsession take over you. If you do then things spriral down real quick and a short trip to the looney bin is in order. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nonasi

Rockerchic IF-Rockerz
Rockerchic
Rockerchic

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:28am | IP Logged

</div>
Originally posted by Rockerchic

<div>oops meant to edit myself ...but i amd quting never mind just add to your trp ...(non legitimate...but who am i to fight the norm)...
(oof its catchy)

I do understand craze. A little too much in fact. I am a huge Roger Federer fan and there used to be a point when I avoided normal chores when he lost. But as the lovely person above us pointed out, I was young and juvi. Now I can say I have contained my insanity within me. That I think is maturity. (in a very loose sense of the word ofc, LOL

</div>
lovely person above us...are you alluding to the GOD particle...or mortal...LOL
re going too far..the fine line etc...my grand question... whose to say where that line is ...and how far is far...
i am secretively typing past midnight even inmy books i have step far...Big smile
<div>embracing the alter ego...ahh...gives so that much needed latitude...

That is the crux of this debate love. I , like you, want to know what people consider extream! I guess one may never yet reach a solid conclusion. Do tell me what warrents a trip to the looney bin from your end!

Edited by Rockerchic - 06 August 2012 at 12:30am

charlotte74nonasi

Brinjal Senior Member
Brinjal
Brinjal

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:46am | IP Logged
@Rockerchic, I am all for fun !!! But yes agree v.much about the trip to the looney bin...it is a tight rope to walk on I must say LOL

QUOTE=Rockerchic]
Originally posted by Brinjal

A much needed post, especially when THE one thing
becomes the centrifugal force in your life, starts high jacking your normal
thought patterns and corrupts it with just manifesting itself all over your
mind, blurring away the other REAL aspects of life. And each time
you happen to get a little away from it ..the force acting
on you gets you back to the 'rhythm of madness'.

<h2>I have not
made many posts here, but I couldn't resist this topic, as it is according to
me it's the need of the hour. And I am very happy to note in all this
insanity...sanity seems to coexist... </h2>
<h2>Liking a
show is fine, loving the lead character is fine, also having a likinging -ness towards the real actors is fine and then the
scenario changes here - going a step further in today's boundary-less techy
world.. following a show, liking, discussing,
analaysing, friendly banters, meeting like - minded people, getting you the
Indian connect, writing fan fiction, making sleek VM's is all what
today's social networking sites makes it possible for you - express yourself - to put it simply - CREATIVE, CONNECT , FUN. And till this level
you could possibly call yourself a FAN.But as all things has its PROS AND THE CONS and too much of anything is detrimental to one's
health,or be it the mind, body or the spirit !!!!
</h2>

All the problem starts with any kind of obsession -from
mild to wildest..you have already entered the territory of Fanaticism -knowingly
or unknowingly .any form of fanaticism is harmful whether for self (like spending too
much time itself) or targeting others..then THE thing
start's driving you

Mild to Wildest

When you spend unearthly hours making and
reading posts, watching repeat videos of the show, prioritizing this show over
many other pressing matters or the daily routine itself, start mincing each and
every track, dissecting each and every move of the lead actors, slamming the
support ones, calling names, sending hate mails, using abusive language, call
writers , CVs, PH names, stating this soap should never end, start comparing
your prospective husband and existing ones to Arnav and Barun !!!???? Comparing
the lead actors' with real life partners is all treading into sickness
zone.I love Rabave between the lead but I am unable to understand the fanatic
frenzy
when a adorable male actor goes shirtless??? What is it
? I thought men and women were from different planets..

Are we not here just too SMITTEN ( to the power
of infinity) with our own PERCEPTION!!! What is the reality here ???!!!!!! I am
not here for one instant questioning about how good Sanaya or Barun as a human
being really are ??? But I what I want to point out here is our 'pure
perception'
something that exists only in our 'minds'</i>..based on only what we have been told and shown selectively..not even...experienced...it is all a mind game !!!! Our mind is attracted to the fantasy
that we have imagined for ourselves and the hook here is IPKKND!!!

But I am sure even the creators of the hook are not
only just laughing mad on us with our afflicted 'irrational behaviour' but
we are also terribly 'scaring' them mad with our 'raging' discussions and
many-er times acid tongued harsh feedbacks lashed at the writers , creatives, directors, production house!!!!! And
this 'scaring' can be influencing even on them too , including the lead
actors...especially when you are micro detailing their moves and chemistry
(assuming they are keeping a tab of every move of ours)' .Also
one has to understand that it's not a FILM which usually has a
shorter shelf life, proclaimed hit or fail and done with ..here
in a SOAP we are talking about day in and day out programming, stretching the
successful one's into yeas , the incredulous time spent on it.. to
give our daily fix ..for both the creators, actors and the viewers...it
slowly starts (or atleast has the potential to) working on our systems and
minds...but I guess the maturity and the onus really lies on us whether to make
it a nice refreshing Cuppa of Coffee or daily shot of Heroin.!!!
Then that's called dangerous living! Whatever we do - the choice is 'ours' and that
affects , impacts you and others in this ecosystem
..!!!

P.S: Views expressed are just my own, we all have a right to have our views and face the consequences !!!
<i>

One would argue that w/o having something to craze about, life is rather dull. But as you said- Draw the line!

Don't let your obsession take over you. If you do then things spriral down real quick and a short trip to the looney bin is in order. LOL[/QUOTE]
Rockerchic IF-Rockerz
Rockerchic
Rockerchic

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 1:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ArnaavKhushi22

Forgot to mention, this is a good topicSmile

To be a fan, you watch the show and express how lovely episode was, and how good the actors are, or you say this is totally rubbish losing chemistry think i'll stick around until I find something else interesting (like I am doing right now lol)

but a fanatic to me is who emails CONSTANTLY the makers of the show, bashes actors, tries to find a million contacts to see how the show is coming and what they can do to make their actors or favourites stay on the top and send hate emails, think that the actors are their lives and spend almost every second drooling and looking at every detail of the actor's body (which makes me awkward).

Frankly, I think its nice to discuss the show and analysis some symbolic scenes, but people go into sooo much detail and arguements you then think is it worth it?

I love it on this forum when people make funny posts, like the one with Arnav's expression staying the same when he came back to RM after his kidnapping, but I feel very awkward when I read people analyzing every part of his body, and then going overboard with every hot scene, regardless of whether its existence makes sense or notConfused Its like people want po*n rather then a drama show

But that is me I guess, I've never had a crush on actors only thought okay they're good looking, its weird to see how people are talking about how they would like a husband like Barun, but you've not met the dude and its his character that drives us not the man himself. I just dont understand how one can fall in love with a actor, I can understand character, but anyways, I am confused on this part so let it be lol

@Last bit- Thats a good attitude you have going on there.

Actors have a larger than life quality about them, I would assume that the usage of the word love is more or less a simple case of exaggeration.

The ideal man is someone who our mind conjure up and exactly because we know so little about actors it's very easy to jautapaux those utopic characters onto the pretty face of an actor.

But as all things we must use some grey matter and deduce the oh-so-important line-which-must-not-be-crossed!

Thanks for your lovely response, it got RC thinking!

Neha435nonasi

Rockerchic IF-Rockerz
Rockerchic
Rockerchic

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 2:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bhangan

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Fan - <font color="#ff0000">a</font> + <font color="#0000ff">u</font> = <font color="#660099">FUN</font></font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Fanatic - <font color="#ff0000">Fa</font> + <font color="#0000ff">Lu</font> = <font color="#660099">LUNATIC</font></font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Problem solvedLOL</font>

Yeh hui na baath! Thank you bhangan ji!

Bhangan- 7 letters. Errr i am sure we have some great etymology proving that it's a great number. Anywho hence I deduce Bhangan is great. Obvs.

nonasiboyznaka

Rockerchic IF-Rockerz
Rockerchic
Rockerchic

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 2:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by asha...

RC, a question...do you have love for debates...?? LOL

A Fanatic- Somebody who willcontinuouslydefend the object of her/his affection. Will never accept that that the object of affection can be imperfect. And will even go down to being spiteful and rude to REAL people for a REEL person. Even if the object of affection is declared to be flawed etc. This person in other words will simply come across a delusional fool to other people #FacePalm

A Fan- Somebody who will graciously accept all the good and bad. Will put their points across kindly and debate. Will have both good and bad days when it comes to whatever they love. Whereas the above (fanatic) will never be able to enjoy themselves because people are going to continue criticizing whether they like it or not...

Debate is a nice platform to know how different people think and RC enjoys decoding thinking patterns very much!

Reel vs Real AKA looney bin vs being supportive.

Go to top