Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Understanding The Craze - A debate (Page 5)

Emerald- Goldie
Emerald-
Emerald-

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 7:05pm | IP Logged
Updated on page 2!

I don't know if this related to your thread but it's pretty worrying. Well some IF members are very young (the youngest is probably 11-12 years old). The amount of time they spend on IF and their obsession with IPK isn't good at all.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Neha435nonasiRockerchic

rainaM Goldie
rainaM
rainaM

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 7:45pm | IP Logged
Yet another thought provoking thread from RC. Gosh girl, you're on the roll! 

Anyways, I've never ever commented on a  post saying "much needed".Never really felt the urge to, But I'm gonna change my ways and finally say it  , that too with Caps lock!
THIS POST WAS MUCH NEEDED. (You know what ,I'm even gonna bold it)
I really need to know what a "Fan" is just like i need to know who a "basher" is. Because I'm getting quite a befuddled idea by just  wandering about IF.

So If I am not mistaken, A fan is someone who blindly appreciates everything shown to them. Mere logic is not suppose to play any role in their judgement.  If you're a fan,You drool over ASR & think Barun is a "FLAWLESS" actor and You drool over Sanaya & annoucnce that she's the goddess of perfection with no margin for improvement. 
A fan= a drooling machine.
You drool, you drool and you drool a little more. Oh, did i mention you drool?

Though any sign of reluctance in your drooling sermons automatically  makes you , what they call a basher. SMH #peoplethesedays.

Whereas Fanatics are just the good people :D They're saints. #'nuffsaid.

Edited by dmgloverforever - 05 August 2012 at 8:22pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

nonasiRockerchic.Euphoria.boyznaka

boyznaka IF-Rockerz
boyznaka
boyznaka

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
This is a fanatic--

And these are kids more intelligent than them--

Fans are people if not more, then just as sensible as these kids.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

neverbeforeEmerald-Neha435nonasiRockerchicMentalExotica.Euphoria.

neverbefore Goldie
neverbefore
neverbefore

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 9:15pm | IP Logged
Fans and fanatics are human beings, people with feelings, thoughts and a life.  In my view, whether they are a fan or a fanatic entirely depends on those very same feelings, thoughts and life.  A fan has a more rounded view whereas a fan has a blinkered, focused view.  

What makes them that way?  I may be simplifying it a bit when I say, their sense of self and their life makes them that way.  For me, a fanatic is seriously compensating...something is missing so drastically from their sense of self, from their lives that they latch onto whatever makes them feel better and makes them feel like they have a life.  

If those of us that call ourselves fans can be so deeply impacted by IPK, the fanatics don't stand a chance do they?  

Neha435nonasiRockerchic

Rockerchic IF-Rockerz
Rockerchic
Rockerchic

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 9:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by neverbefore

Fans and fanatics are human beings, people with feelings, thoughts and a life. In my view, whether they are a fan or a fanatic entirely depends on those very same feelings, thoughts and life. A fan has a more rounded view whereas a fan has a blinkered, focused view.

What makes them that way? I may be simplifying it a bit when I say, their sense of self and their life makes them that way. For me, a fanatic is seriously compensating...something is missing so drastically from their sense of self, from their lives that they latch onto whatever makes them feel better and makes them feel like they have a life.

If those of us that call ourselves fans can be so deeply impacted by IPK, the fanatics don't stand a chance do they?

Ha! True that. My room mate is this close to declaring me insane for spending the better part of my evenings on this forum. I guess the question is to declare the *more* insane. But hey who am I to judge, I am crazy enough to make this post. LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

neverbeforenonasi

CravingKhana IF-Sizzlerz
CravingKhana
CravingKhana

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 9:57pm | IP Logged
Fan Fantic..depends on perspective and time does it not...

there would have been a time  in a not so distant past...where i would say watching a telly show tat too online and then logging on to a forum to argue the toss and take it apart.. for hours on end...was fanatical..that too...a show that is ermmm leaves alot to be desired...

but here I am and now such judgements would be self defecating would it not...

its a whole different world out here and folks from diff walks of life..and at diff stages...so to be judging someone...very young who goes all scream when a more than average looking man is given a very manly aura...or a person who sees virtues that are not visible to  my eye would make me less than the person i aim to be...

so yes while i dont understand the gushing or the OMG's...and have never beeen one to fall over myself over someone i very hightly regard or am taken with even in my teen years...i am learning to be tolerant and not brand anyone by my perceptions of thier behaviour...

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Neha435nonasiRockerchicasha...MentalExotica.Euphoria.boyznaka

neverbefore Goldie
neverbefore
neverbefore

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 10:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rockerchic

Originally posted by neverbefore

Fans and fanatics are human beings, people with feelings, thoughts and a life. In my view, whether they are a fan or a fanatic entirely depends on those very same feelings, thoughts and life. A fan has a more rounded view whereas a fan has a blinkered, focused view.

What makes them that way? I may be simplifying it a bit when I say, their sense of self and their life makes them that way. For me, a fanatic is seriously compensating...something is missing so drastically from their sense of self, from their lives that they latch onto whatever makes them feel better and makes them feel like they have a life.

Ha! True that. My room mate is this close to declaring me insane for spending the better part of my evenings on this forum. I guess the question is to declare the *more* insane. But hey who am I to judge, I am crazy enough to make this post. LOL

One man's crazy is another man's brave!!!!  LOL  

I rue the day I came across IPK...I always knew I had obsessive tendencies but I thought they were limited to food and drink!!  Embarrassed

There seems to be an move to rebel against the crazies on this Forum at the moment...have you seen Napstermonster's post?    

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3131740

nonasiRockerchicboyznaka

Rockerchic IF-Rockerz
Rockerchic
Rockerchic

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 10:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by arisai

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">-edited-</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">Okay so here's my casual two pence (I am aware the correct term is cents, however, since Team GB finally decided to ARRIVE over the past few days, my pride as a Brit is overflowingLOL).</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">A fan of the show appreciates when it's good and hopes for it when it's bad. They acknowledge that it will go through ups and downs but that ultimately, it's only as good as the people working on it and that sometimes- those people get it wrong. They then either persist and pray... or they move on. I am of the 'persist and persevere like a moron' type as I am currently on my Summer Holiday, whereas my parents, both too busy with their jobs and lives in general for this nonsense on TV and cba to watch it online, now have stopped watching it entirely and are currently in love with Pyaar Ka Dard.</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">A fanatic of the show refuses to accept the show could ever do ANYTHING wrong and will tell anyone who dares to point out any flaws to 'G0 2 hel u bahs3rr! if u dnt lyk, n01 wntz u 2 wotch!"</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">A fan of Barun and Sanaya knows they're good actors but accepts they have their strengths and weaknesses. Appreciates that they're attractive but doesn't want to murder anyone of the opposite gender who goes within three feet of them. Enjoys watching their chemistry on screen but doesn't start a ridiculous petition that they break off from their current partners and hook up with each other. And also admits that some of their original chemistry is missing at the minute- whether this is due to the 180 of both their characters or their becoming a little TOO comfortable with each other, I'm not sure.</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">A fanatic? Well dear rockerchic, open pretty much any post on the forum with the word 'Barun' + a typo (and if it also contains the word GUTTER? Well then you've hit the JACKPOT.) and welcome to the Shrine of Sobti.</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">Err, that's all I have right now.</font>

Arisai Im lab UR responses lyk tots. UR humor gets me high. OMFGgg I heartzz you.

No really I do.

I have been (un)fortunate enough to stumble across, lets just say, some of the very *colorful* and deep rooted posts. They gave me great insight on how exactly online forums can go horribly wrong.

Alas I too am a part of this online forum, thus rendering my argument moot. Sob. (as in the action of crying, not part of Barun's name. Just saying. )

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

nonasi.Euphoria.boyznakaMentalExotica

Go to top