Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Understanding The Craze - A debate (Page 2)

Emerald- Goldie
Emerald-
Emerald-

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 4:36pm | IP Logged

Girl, I love your threads and keep posting!

You know what? It doesn't matter if you are a fan or fanatic, we must understand the priorities in our lives and keep everything under control and stay within our limits. Hurting and abusing people just because of a fictional character is just out of order and very disturbing. We must learn how to respect other opinions even if you disagree with them! It is upsetting how some members cannot even take a little bit of criticism against the show or characters and they just have a go at you. Well hmm they need to get a LIFE, that's all I can say tbh.

Great response, loved reading all them. :)

Edited by zeeba* - 05 August 2012 at 7:09pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pdj_71nonasiRockerchic

.Euphoria. IF-Rockerz
.Euphoria.
.Euphoria.

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
Ahhh the age old debate about fans and fanatics...I like it!

Well first things first, anyone who had enough spare time to google IPK, find a forum full of other people around the world in the same boat as them, sign up and become a member to take part in discussions is a fan...i.e. every single one of us here.

We all have some sort of attachment to the show, either because of the interesting storyline, the PH's previous serials or because they are ardent fans of the actors, which is fair enough..whatever floats your boat. But fans are those who can hold their hands up and admit when the storyline is weak, perhaps the PH isn't up to it's usual standard or heck even the actors themselves are lacking in some area, and either hope for the best or leave and find another show.

Fanatics are those who refuse to see anything wrong with anything related to the show, and instead of making valid counter-arguments start spewing a whole load of crazy. My personal favourite is when members begin personal jibes on other members and their views just to protect the honour of actors who have no idea they even exist. Strange, but true.

70% of the time I'm here purely to have fun and discuss IPK, 30% of the time it's for these fanatics. Let's face it. Sometimes they can give us more entertainment than an IPK episode.

Edited by .Euphoria. - 05 August 2012 at 5:03pm

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

pdj_71ra123moonlight99adevEmerald-arisai-Chinnu-Japonicanonasiasha...boyznakaTeeshabhanganSaRun.RockerchicTargaryen

kitty25 Goldie
kitty25
kitty25

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 4:38pm | IP Logged
I understand what you are saying...iam just a fan of few SP serials...but when i visit other serial's FM its so lifeless...so that means that our fan's reaction even when they cross the limit atleast we get a little bit satisfaction... its better than inactive FM..LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RockerchicGodhuliLogon

SizzlingPaRud- Senior Member
SizzlingPaRud-
SizzlingPaRud-

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 4:42pm | IP Logged
Wish i could take the names of the fanatics in this forum LOL 
great post.

ra123Rockerchic

tvbuf IF-Sizzlerz
tvbuf
tvbuf

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 4:43pm | IP Logged
I am pretty obsessed with IPKKND and IF.  I spend a lot of time on IF - don't really have the time to rewatch the epis over and over again on the family big-screen.

I think fanaticism is when a TM cannot stand even  the slightest (imagined or otherwise) remark against one of the actors they like. I have seen several immature arguments about - why did you praise so and so, what about so and so.

moonlight99Rockerchic

sweet_ipsi Goldie
sweet_ipsi
sweet_ipsi

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 4:48pm | IP Logged
Fanatics in any arena whether its religion,culture or entertainment r a cause of concern because they cant tolerate somebody else going against their opinion...There r lots of ppl over here who fail to distinguish b/w fiction & reality...they believe that thr opinion is the ultimate one & they have the right to abuse anyone who disagrees wid them...this forum is meant for discussion but unfortunately most of them end up being battle fields...discussing the characters or the show is wat ppl should do but some ppl tend to focus more on their personal lives...infact most of the times any criticism of the character is misconstrued as bashing the actor ...which is really sad...one thing dat irritates me a lot is when some people feel dat they have a right over their favorite actors lives...discussing their personal lives,bashing their real life partners,bashing their co-stars for whatsoever reason they can think of...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

moonlight99nonasiRockerchic

Neha435 IF-Dazzler
Neha435
Neha435

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 4:50pm | IP Logged
Forgot to mention, this is a good topicSmile

To be a fan, you watch the show and express how lovely episode was, and how good the actors are, or you say this is totally rubbish losing chemistry think i'll stick around until I find something else interesting (like I am doing right now lol)

but a fanatic to me is who emails CONSTANTLY the makers of the show, bashes actors, tries to find a million contacts to see how the show is coming and what they can do to make their actors or favourites stay on the top and send hate emails, think that the actors are their lives and spend almost every second drooling and looking at every detail of the actor's body (which makes me awkward).

Frankly, I think its nice to discuss the show and analysis some symbolic scenes, but people go into sooo much detail and arguements you then think is it worth it?

I love it on this forum when people make funny posts, like the one with Arnav's expression staying the same when he came back to RM after his kidnapping, but I feel very awkward when I read people analyzing every part of his body, and then going overboard with every hot scene, regardless of whether its existence makes sense or notConfused Its like people want po*n rather then a drama show

But that is me I guess, I've never had a crush on actors only thought okay they're good looking, its weird to see how people are talking about how they would like a husband like Barun, but you've not met the dude and its his character that drives us not the man himself. I just dont understand how one can fall in love with a actor, I can understand character, but anyways, I am confused on this part so let it be lol

Edited by ArnaavKhushi22 - 05 August 2012 at 5:00pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

pdj_71yogifaluadevBrinjalmoonlight99blackdice1001nonasi.Euphoria.Rockerchic

moonlight99 Senior Member
moonlight99
moonlight99

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 4:52pm | IP Logged
Love your topic and looking forward to the answers to this discussion

Some members of this forum tend to take the show way too seriously and take it to themselves to defend and bash actors who will never know about the World War that goes on here.

Some overzealous fans are those who over analyze the SBS/SBB for hand gestures and eye movement  between the lead actors...This always makes me squirm because it kind of feels weird to watch every gesture and then make posts about how "adorable" or "immoral" the gesture was.  

Secondly, the fanatics of one lead actor or actress will put down the other lead in order to prove how good the favored lead is in acting. The inability to praise someone without putting down another is just a sign of immaturity because there is no need for comparison at all. 

I read a post by someone that they had declined a marriage proposal because she thinks Barun is perfect and the person she was supposed to marry wasn't like Barun even though he was a successful engineer. Confused
This screams fanaticism because I understand an attraction to the lead but I don't understand why you would judge all men by comparing to a man who you only see a few minutes of in interviews. What you see in an interview and what a person is like in real life are two different things and some of the members really need to get that right.
And finally, the line between Real and Reel are crossed so much that I am left wondering if I am normal or not.  Barun Sobti and ASR are sometimes taken as the same person and this is really skewing some members perception of reality. They are not the same person! 

Disclaimer: 
I ,hereby, proclaim that I love Barun Sobti and this is not a bashing post!

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Anita2011pdj_71adevEmerald-sprinkle2blackdice1001nonasiNeha435asha...Rockerchic

Go to top